Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #16
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger View Post
I love you Midnight11
Me too.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #17
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Blue Devil 5.0 View Post
or AED competing with dyno tunes. I'd say both cars are pretty even.
Yes, either way. I'm sure that AED's tunes aren't far off from his email tunes since he still uses datalogging on both to work out any quirks. Just doesn't have the car in front of him. But I think it still shows Sean is a great tuner as well.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #18
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Yes, either way. I'm sure that AED's tunes aren't far off from his email tunes since he still uses datalogging on both to work out any quirks. Just doesn't have the car in front of him. But I think it still shows Sean is a great tuner as well.
no offense to sean but they don't know how to tune procharged cars.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #19
Courtesy Flush

Which Sean?
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #20
DirtyD

Did David's not come out good?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #21
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
Which Sean?
Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Did David's not come out good?
sean @ true street, not to be confused with shaun @aed.

and no, they have had problems with both procharged cars. Sayle went to dallas mustang to get tuned after install.

I love true street and I Think they are great, i just wouldnt get tuned if you have forced induction. NA cars are fine.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #22
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Awesome job on the vids. This will greatly increase the forums reputation!

and no, they have had problems with both procharged cars. Sayle went to dallas mustang to get tuned after install.

I love true street and I Think they are great, i just wouldnt get tuned if you have forced induction. NA cars are fine.
I ain't mad, bro lol. But wildly debatable.

Before proper MAF's came about for tuning these cars beyond a certain sample area, tuners would "trick" the computer to do what they commanded. It was simply the way of things. Now that tuners have access to proper MAF's, we choose to tune through the MAF (no smoke & mirrors). David has gone this route and we hoped that Sayle would as well. Davids had nothing to do with tuning.

Sayle was advised to go with a MAF that better supported his cars needs. But everyone makes their own choices given what information they are given. Sayle chose to go a route that does not involve a MAF change and purchased injectors through DM when, in fact, the car is still out of MAF. We tune FI cars that far exceed 600wp day in and day out. Our tuning capabilities are not to be confused with a customers free choice.

Not to detract anything from Sayle! He's a stand up dude, we go drinking together, and was even at the shop today! He made the decision he felt most comfortable with given the information and this has affected our relationship none whatsoever!

Last edited by TrueStreetTim; 02-01-2013 at 08:21 PM.
TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #23
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim View Post
Wildly debatable.
I guess, you guys are stand up shop. I have recommended all my friends to come see ya'll. I am only calling it as i see it.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #24
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

I guess, you guys are stand up shop. I have recommended all my friends to come see ya'll. I am only calling it as i see it.
Absolutely! There will always be preferences in anything and everything. But folks need facts to aid in their opinions/decision. And that's what we're here for. I will always offer the truth. But...the decision is ultimately in the customer/purchasers hands....and everyone will have their preference.

Last edited by TrueStreetTim; 02-01-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #25
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

We put a base tune in Sayle car and stated with full throttle pulls (45 mins total time before we ran out of maf). His car ran out of MAF and was advised at that time what was need to correct the problem so we could continue the tune. He decided to go another way and there is no hard feelings. He was told at Dallas mustangs he was out of MAF there too....

Also Keep in mind we have 4 pro-charged cars here and 3 twin turbo cars right now for tuning. So to say we don't do forced inductions is just silly to say......

please have facts correct before saying what our capabilities are...... but glad you like us

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #26
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
We put a base tune in Sayle car and stated with full throttle pulls (45 mins total time before we ran out of maf). His car ran out of MAF and was advised at that time what was need to correct the problem so we could continue the tune. He decided to go another way and there is no hard feelings. He was told at Dallas mustangs he was out of MAF there too....

Also Keep in mind we have 4 pro-charged cars here and 3 twin turbo cars right now for tuning. So to say we don't do forced inductions is just silly to say......

please have facts correct before saying what our capabilities are...... but glad you like us
oh ok, i was told differently by sayle that dallas mustang could tune with his oem MAF, i also was told that procharger instructed him to get a second opinion because their kit doesn't require it.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #27
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

oh ok, i was told differently by sayle that dallas mustang could tune with his oem MAF, i also was told that procharger instructed him to get a second opinion because their kit doesn't require it.
Yes, DM can tune using the oem MAF same as us. But it's not what we consider to be the right way now that MAF's are available and carry the proper data. I believe the MAF's are good through 1,000+wp. It's an awesome addition outside of necessity.

Prochargers kit doesn't require a MAF if....if the car does not exceed roughly 550wp. But just like David's, the kit's making more. Especially after bolt-on's. lol

Last edited by TrueStreetTim; 02-01-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #28
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

[QUOTE=Blue Devil 5.0;17955]oh ok, i was told differently by sayle that dallas mustang could tune with his oem MAF, i also was told that procharger instructed him to get a second opinion because their kit doesn't require it.[/

We could do the same "trick" and sayle was explained this in a 20min conversation. Sayle understood that we as a shop disagreed with this trick and he did not want to purchase the new maf so he went to another tuner.....

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #29
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim View Post
Yes, DM can tune using the oem MAF same as us. But it's not what we consider to be the right way now that MAF's are available and carry the proper data. I believe the MAF's are good through 1,000+wp. It's an awesome addition outside of necessity.

Prochargers kit doesn't require a MAF if....if the car does not exceed roughly 550wp. But just like David's, the kit's making more. Especially after bolt-on's. lol
[QUOTE=TrueStreetMotorSports.com;17957]
oh ok, i was told differently by sayle that dallas mustang could tune with his oem MAF, i also was told that procharger instructed him to get a second opinion because their kit doesn't require it.[/

We could do the same "trick" and sayle was explained this in a 20min conversation. Sayle understood that we as a shop disagreed with this trick and he did not want to purchase the new maf so he went to another tuner.....
I appreciate you guys clearing this up and hope you don't think I was trying to bad mouth you guys. I am glad you guys took the time to explain everything to me.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #30
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

[QUOTE=Blue Devil 5.0;17999]
Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post

I appreciate you guys clearing this up and hope you don't think I was trying to bad mouth you guys. I am glad you guys took the time to explain everything to me.
Fucking Dale. Lol
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote