Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Pics & Video

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #106
GrabberMatt

No PMs
Steve, Midnight, etc.. let me know what day/time/area works.

2011 Grabber Blue 5.0
GrabberMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #107
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Street racing is very illegal.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #108
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
LOL, been there, done that..like 15 years ago.

FFW sucks balls by the way. It was a cool event at one time but it really went to shit. Too expensive, unfair rule changes for TS and just horribly run events. Almost as badly run as Pinks All Out, but not quite. When FFW first started, there would be over 100 cars in the TS division. Then they started opening up the rules for their advertisers letting in their thinly disguised race cars that never saw the street and that just killed attendance.

The last time I went, there was hardly anyone there. No swap meet to speak of, vendors row was a joke and there was like 15 cars in TS. It's a shame too because it was A LOT of fun back in the day.

Besides, who the hell wants to race in that soup down there in the asshole of Texas anyways? lol.
I have to agree, when I used to go over 10 years ago there were a ton of vendors. I used to buy my slicks from there because you could get great deals. The swap meets were great and the racing was good. Last time I went was 5 years ago and it sucked big donkey dick. No swap meet, only 2 vendors and the racing wasn't that great. Not sure I would waste my time and money on that again.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #109
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

FFW sucks like 7 years ago I went. My daughter was two and I had her I. A stroller so she had her toys and her little crackers to snack on. They wouldn't let me bring her two toys and crackers in cause they said no outside food or drinks and that she would probably drop her toys and someone would run over it. So fuck FFW.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #110
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
FFW sucks like 7 years ago I went. My daughter was two and I had her I. A stroller so she had her toys and her little crackers to snack on. They wouldn't let me bring her two toys and crackers in cause they said no outside food or drinks and that she would probably drop her toys and someone would run over it. So fuck FFW.
Oh and they charged me full price for my daughter to.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #111
46Tbird

The FFWs at Ennis have ALWAYS sucked balls, but the two I went to in Houston were well-run, organized, and fun. I have no idea why the two events were run so differently but they were.
46Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #112
Yagermeister

Default Re: Dark Pony vs Midnight11 Modular Mafia Meet

All new mgmt the last two years like I said. They are trying to bring it back the way it used to be. Either way it is true competition and I'm just hearing excuses not to race!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #113
Stangmaster281

Yeah houston is a whole lot better than the one in ennis. Alot more cars, and events. Even autocross.