Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Pics & Video

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:00 PM   #1
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Default Mullet's 1500hp TTG

I'm not sure how many of you here know Mullet, but here is a new 1320 video on one of his bad ass cars. I was at the TI event last year to see it and many others run. To say they are fast is an understatement!

Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #2
blownaltered
I have a small penis

That's a cool expensive car but I just don't get it. All that race is, is organized roll racing. Nobody was getting on it till damn near 3rd gear. Yes these cars are fast and cost a fortune but that isn't racing to me.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:32 PM   #3
DirtyD

Something over 1550? More like something over 1600 or more. He tore those other Lambos a new one.

That Porsche and T/A were very impressive.

Is that Will's Viper in the credits?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Yes
Old 01-08-2014, 06:55 PM   #5
03MachMe

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
That's a cool expensive car but I just don't get it. All that race is, is organized roll racing. Nobody was getting on it till damn near 3rd gear. Yes these cars are fast and cost a fortune but that isn't racing to me.
I agree.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #6
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
I agree.
It's really deceiving on video and really something you need to see in person to get an idea just how fast these cars are. They are putting a lot of power down and it's not as easy as you might think. We're not talking about 600-700rw cars here, we're talking 1500hp+. This year there will be street cars north of 1700+.

It's a 60mph roll for a half mile. So by definition it's a race from point A to point B. I love this event and it's so much fun to go out and watch them put this power down running 180mph+ in such a short distance. If you haven't ridden in a 1000rw+ car before it's hard to really grasp it. It's a rush!
Old 01-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #7
03MachMe

Eh I understand they are fast but just doesn't seem like it takes all that much skill to do it. From what I see you have to have a boat load of money to dump into a car and be able to shift when the tach is close to red line. Don't even have to learn how to launch or turn. I'm sure driving them or riding in them is a rush but just not my cup of tea

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:03 PM   #8
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Eh I understand they are fast but just doesn't seem like it takes all that much skill to do it. From what I see you have to have a boat load of money to dump into a car and be able to shift when the tach is close to red line. Don't even have to learn how to launch or turn. I'm sure driving them or riding in them is a rush but just not my cup of tea
I agree it's a dyno race. Let's be honest, cars like boostedgt's make that kind of power and they launch the hell out of those cars on the street. Yes they are fast, but it takes no skill to do it. I'm just not impressed with it. Would it be fun to watch, yes but that's just because they are kick ass cars and I like kick ass cars.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:10 PM   #9
DirtyD

I think Texas Mile reigns over Texas Invitational for me. At TM they are having to handle their cars for 240+ MPH over a mile.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:42 PM   #10
Dan12GT

I agree this stuff is silly to me. Basically what it tells me these cars are WAAAAAY to powerful for the street and can only roll race from 4th gear + because otherwise they would be an out of control mess.

I second blownaltered's opinion too I think it is MUCH more impressive to see an equally as powerful car or more powerful car do it from a dig. These lambos would get destroyed by someone like BoostedGT in a drag.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:06 PM   #11
Junkie

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Something over 1550? More like something over 1600 or more. He tore those other Lambos a new one.

That Porsche and T/A were very impressive.

Yes sir.

and LOL at the responses here. I guess mustang sites never change, people said the same shit years ago as well.

Being realistic, out of everyone that posted. Who has experience dig racing or roll racing 1500+ rw. How would you know what it takes and how easy it is?

My Supra makes that power, its MUCH easier to hook that car on the track, then it is at 60mph.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:07 PM   #12
Junkie

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
I agree this stuff is silly to me. Basically what it tells me these cars are WAAAAAY to powerful for the street and can only roll race from 4th gear + because otherwise they would be an out of control mess.

I second blownaltered's opinion too I think it is MUCH more impressive to see an equally as powerful car or more powerful car do it from a dig. These lambos would get destroyed by someone like BoostedGT in a drag.
And Chris would get destroyed from a roll by these cars. Its just 2 different types of combo's participating in 2 different types of racing.

Thats like saying a Pro mod is going to get rocked by an Evo on a road course. It really has no relevance.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:24 PM   #13
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Yes sir.

and LOL at the responses here. I guess mustang sites never change, people said the same shit years ago as well.

Being realistic, out of everyone that posted. Who has experience dig racing or roll racing 1500+ rw. How would you know what it takes and how easy it is?

My Supra makes that power, its MUCH easier to hook that car on the track, then it is at 60mph.
I don't think the comments have anything to do with this being a mustang site. I think we all agree that these cars make monster power and are sweet as hell. That isn't in question, they are down right impressive. I think the issue is a roll race event which is in tern a dyno race, which has very little skill involved. I think that is what most people don't like about these events.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:31 PM   #14
Dominic Toretto

Here's some members of this forum enjoying some non-skills racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97mNKPCpy_o

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:33 PM   #15
Dominic Toretto

Another...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxJ0icy36mM

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote