Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:43 AM   #121
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I think he shifted like 8 times too. lol.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #122
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
You know, I never did recieve a price on a D1SC setup to compare to the Vortech/Paxton price. What does the Procharger cost?
You sure about this?

What shall we discuss? You talking 2200SL Vs D1? What are you interested in and what kind of power? We'll talk price differences later...GO!
TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #123
Toby

You know, I never did recieve a price on a D1SC setup to compare to the Vortech/Paxton price. What does the Procharger cost?
procharger... all others

/thread
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #124
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
procharger... all others

/thread
I disagree.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:57 AM   #125
STROKD
Old School

I like my Vortechs but that's for non mod motors... Id prob do a big KB on a 5.0 like Manny's car. Seems to run VERY well and not have any issues with it.

I just dont like Prochargers much, the fast ones are noisy as fuck, and the quiet ones are slow as fuck.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #126
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
I like my Vortechs but that's for non mod motors... Id prob do a big KB on a 5.0 like Manny's car. Seems to run VERY well and not have any issues with it.

I just dont like Prochargers much, the fast ones are noisy as fuck, and the quiet ones are slow as fuck.
You mean other than that whole blowing up the motor thing, right? lol.

Bolting on a Vortech/Paxton on a 5.0 with exhaust and tune typically yields around 600rw/480tq which plenty for most normal car guys. Your perspective on what is "fast" is really skewed from most normal people because you had that kind of power back when it wasn't the normal. Think about it for a moment though, an almost stock 5.0 with a blower can make the power that Strokd'd did back in the day with stock like driving manners. That's pretty impressive if you ask me.

I'm not interested in having a big horsepower car like you. Look what its done for you, your car hasn't run in over 5 years and that sucks! All the big power cars rarely run right, run for very long or are broken more often than they run. I'll stick with my "slow" car that I can drive everyday having fun and enjoying my car rather than building some big power monster that you might eventually get to race for some lame ass bragging rights and wasting a shitload of money. You can keep that bullshit. lmao.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #127
Toby

I disagree.
My experience, apples for apples I have seen prochargers make more power everywhere over all other centri blowers.

Should have been more specific on my last post, Prochargers > all other centri blowers. Look at all the really fast cars running blowers, all of them have prochargers. Many many cars running mid to low 4's in the 1/8 using prochargers.

Just my opinion.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #128
46Tbird

There is a stock Coyote with a Boss intake and a PAXTON (lol!!) making 759/593 with ID1100s and a BAP. That's with pump gas on 12lbs.

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93157

It's probably a ticking time bomb like the rest of the 650+hp coyotes, but damn...
46Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #129
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

I like my D1 and it isn't loud. I have heard a few with the straight cut gears and to me it sounds like shit. The fan that came with the kit is louder than the blower.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #130
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

I'm not interested in having a big horsepower car like you.
Then Vortech/Paxton may be the kit for you. It's hands down the cheaper of the kits. But there is a reason for that of course.

Paxtons advertised hp numbers are typically at the crank and you pay extra for a proper CAI to gain an additional 20-30hp (example http://tiny.cc/1d0knw). Their intercooler is less efficient than Procharger as well. By roughly the 3rd pass, Charger to Paxton, the charger will be consistently quicker back-to-back. Paxtons brackets etc. are simple by design but difficult to install. Both manufacturers offer standard warranties but as far as upgraded warranties go....Procharger's warranty options are sick!

In the end, it all comes down to your interests (what you can & can't live with) goals, and ultimately....your budget.

There is a stock Coyote with a Boss intake and a PAXTON (lol!!) making 759/593 with ID1100s and a BAP. That's with pump gas on 12lbs.
I can't open that thread. Which blower is it?
Old 11-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #131
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim View Post
Then Vortech/Paxton may be the kit for you. It's hands down the cheaper of the kits. But there is a reason for that of course.

Paxtons advertised hp numbers are typically at the crank and you pay extra for a proper CAI to gain an additional 20-30hp (example http://tiny.cc/1d0knw). Their intercooler is less efficient than Procharger as well. By roughly the 3rd pass, Charger to Paxton, the charger will be consistently quicker back-to-back. Paxtons brackets etc. are simple by design but difficult to install. Both manufacturers offer standard warranties but as far as upgraded warranties go....Procharger's warranty options are sick!

In the end, it all comes down to your interests (what you can & can't live with) goals, and ultimately....your budget.

I can't open that thread. Which blower is it?
Well, I'm open to the Procharger which is why I asked for the price. I'm just not interested in the P1SC headunit though just the D1 like on David's car. I looked at David's car and it looks and sounds good.

The blower Danny is referring to is the Paxton 2200. It's making over 1000rw on Beefcake's street car. It's an excellent option as a base bolt on blower that gives lots of room to grow.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #132
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

I'm just not interested in the P1SC headunit
I can't remember the last P1 kit we sold. The chump change it costs to upgrade to the D1 is always a no-brainer.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #133
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim View Post
I can't remember the last P1 kit we sold. The chump change it costs to upgrade to the D1 is always a no-brainer.
Yup.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #134
whiteboy

Yup.

Mine works great. Need to take the 410's out very violent on the street

whiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:11 AM   #135
LilWhite

Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
Mine works great. Need to take the 410's out very violent on the street

What did it make? Im trying to work out a deal on a stage 2 p1sc kit over on svt. I want over 600whp out of it...
LilWhite is offline   Reply With Quote