Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #91
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Having a tremendous amount of experience installing everything from small 2.1 kb's all the way up to the newest prototype 4.2l kb, from a basic bare bones non ic vortech to an f1 with huge custom a/a intercooler, and everything in between. I will say that hands down, speaking in terms of bolt on kits that are not custom built, a procharger is the easiest blower to install. I am yet to install a paxton on a new 5.0, but from what I have seen the paxton is the worst performing centri kit on the new 5.0. The biggest advantage to procharger, is the ability to easily upgrade later to a larger blower for a small amount of money. I have seen a new 5.0 make over 800 rwhp using a p1 with a small intercooler sprayer on a terrible air conditions day. One main advantage to a centri with a/a intercooling is the ability to perform back to back hits without the major heat soak and power loss as with twin screws or centri's with a/w intercoolers.

I would be willing to go out on a limb and say that at least half the cases of blowers coming apart or troubles with blowers, are the owners not changing the oil in the headunit. It is required to change the oil every 6k miles using only the recommended oil. IMO there is 0 excuses to over spin a blower. If you are at or near the limits of the blower impeller speed, upgrade to the next size blower or stick to the same power.

Turbos are another great power adder, but with that you run into problems with heat, and troubles sometimes finding a good location to route the pipes. Turbo kits are almost always the most difficult power adder to install. Having built simple bolt on kits all the way to full on custom twin 1000+ rwhp cars, personally I am not a turbo fan. For all out power and drag, it is a great power adder.

I hope this brings a little insight to the thread, and answers a few questions some of you may have!
Did you type that correctly - 800rw out of P1SC? On a mod motor?
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:55 PM   #92
whiteboy

Steve i took this picture today of one being installed P1sc stage 2 kit

Going on the rollers in the AM

Agian i wish i could afford one.

whiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #93
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I laughed earlier in the thread at your comment wishing you could afford one because I know you can. Post up the numbers after you get your car dyno'd in the morning with that thing.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #94
whiteboy

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I laughed earlier in the thread at your comment wishing you could afford one because I know you can. Post up the numbers after you get your car dyno'd in the morning with that thing.
I'm poor steve.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #95
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Ahhh very nice.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:34 AM   #96
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
I'm poor steve.
Not hardly. lol.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:41 AM   #97
whiteboy

Not hardly. lol.
compared to you im dirt poor buddy.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #98
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
compared to you im dirt poor buddy.
LOL, riiiight.

I may not be wealthy by monetary standards, but I've got an awesome wife, a beautiful little girl both whom are happy , healthy and that makes me the richest guy I know.

The money thing, lets just say we're working on it with something cool coming up.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #99
46Tbird

Man, you guys must all be rich!
46Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #100
Toby

Did you type that correctly - 800rw out of P1SC? On a mod motor?
yes 800 rwhp, but keep in mind it had a nitrous spray bar intercooler sprayer.. iats were probably in the 30's-40's which net huge power numbers, and he was running c16.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #101
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
yes 800 rwhp, but keep in mind it had a nitrous spray bar intercooler sprayer.. iats were probably in the 30's-40's which net huge power numbers, and he was running c16.
That makes a bit more sense then and even then it's still a lil hard to believe. The P1SC at max flows 1200cfm with a max impellar speed of 65krpms. It just can't physically flow that much air in a efficient manner. It would have a thumbnail up top and a wagon wheel on bottom. No WAY will that puny P1SC live very long under those conditions, especially on a street car. Time bomb waiting to happen in my opinion.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #102
Toby

That makes a bit more sense then and even then it's still a lil hard to believe. The P1SC at max flows 1200cfm with a max impellar speed of 65krpms. It just can't physically flow that much air in a efficient manner. It would have a thumbnail up top and a wagon wheel on bottom. No WAY will that puny P1SC live very long under those conditions, especially on a street car. Time bomb waiting to happen in my opinion.
Yes you are correct. He ended up killing cylinder 8 and had to sell the blower to pay for a new motor. Only had it at that level for maybe 100 miles. I believe he is selling the car now.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #103
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Who the fuck yall talkin about?

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #104
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
Who the fuck yall talkin about?
I don't know who he is specifically talking about. I'm talking about the the blowers themselves. Blowers should not be overspun on a every day street car because it will not survive long, especially the P1SC.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #105
whiteboy

Mine runs good.