Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #16
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Buncha haters in here! That Z28 is a bad motherfucker. All motor 500hp 427? Yes please.
Add to that 470tq. For all those complaining about the 5.0 not being torquey enough.

I'm a car guy, I don't subcribe to one particular brand. Corvettes, Vipers, Stangs, Supras, Evos... I like'em all . I give credit where credit is due. Like when the 5.0 came out and trumped the LS3 Camaro. So technically Ford "caught up" with Chevy since the 4.6 GT was horribly lacking compared to the 426hp SS. Just sayin.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #17
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Add to that 470tq. For all those complaining about the 5.0 not being torquey enough.

I'm a car guy, I don't subcribe to one particular brand. Corvettes, Vipers, Stangs, Supras, Evos... I like'em all . I give credit where credit is due. Like when the 5.0 came out and trumped the LS3 Camaro. So technically Ford "caught up" with Chevy since the 4.6 GT was horribly lacking compared to the 426hp SS. Just sayin.

-Alex
Technically GM is playing catchup because they quit making the Camaro and Firebird for 10years because the mustang was out selling them both combined. Flipside to that is that GM is making alot of fast cars all the while taking a bath on some of them for image. This pisses me off because they are still on the tax payers dime for the bailout.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #18
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Technically GM is playing catchup because they quit making the Camaro and Firebird for 10years because the mustang was out selling them both combined. Flipside to that is that GM is making alot of fast cars all the while taking a bath on some of them for image. This pisses me off because they are still on the tax payers dime for the bailout.
When I think about how a car performs around a track, I really don't consider the company's business model. If a car is fast, it's fast

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 07-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #19
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
When I think about how a car performs around a track, I really don't consider the company's business model. If a car is fast, it's fast

-Alex
When its coming out of your pocket you should. Most of these car will never see a track instead they will see alot of roll racing just like every other "track" oriented car.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #20
Dominic Toretto

When its coming out of your pocket you should. Most of these car will never see a track instead they will see alot of roll racing just like every other "track" oriented car.
Okay.

-Alex

Old 07-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #21
JDMLOL

I sort of see where some would think about GM in this way, but to be honest, I think most of us would agree that a company's goal is to make money. GM killed the Camaro because sales were soft, they tried introducing the GTO and it ended up the same way. GM reintroduced a redesigned Camaro after an eight year hiatus in hopes to recapture their portion of the pony car market. I don't think GM is purposely wasting money, I think they have just made some poor decisions. Look at them the Volt was a failure and a little before it's time, they tried similar things in the 90s. These big ass 2 mode Escalade hybrids, really? What a joke. I used to love GM's products and some of them I still do especially pre-bailout models like the fourth gen camaros (ironically), the gmt800 platform trucks, SS Trailblazers, etc... but the more I drive my car and the more I ride in my dad's new FX2, the more I'm loving Ford products. They're better priced than GM, just as reliable, look good, and run good. Have ya'll seen those new GM fullsized trucks? Those things are ugly.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #22
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
I sort of see where some would think about GM in this way, but to be honest, I think most of us would agree that a company's goal is to make money. GM killed the Camaro because sales were soft, they tried introducing the GTO and it ended up the same way. GM reintroduced a redesigned Camaro after an eight year hiatus in hopes to recapture their portion of the pony car market. I don't think GM is purposely wasting money, I think they have just made some poor decisions. Look at them the Volt was a failure and a little before it's time, they tried similar things in the 90s. These big ass 2 mode Escalade hybrids, really? What a joke. I used to love GM's products and some of them I still do especially pre-bailout models like the fourth gen camaros (ironically), the gmt800 platform trucks, SS Trailblazers, etc... but the more I drive my car and the more I ride in my dad's new FX2, the more I'm loving Ford products. They're better priced than GM, just as reliable, look good, and run good. Have ya'll seen those new GM fullsized trucks? Those things are ugly.
Gm is fucked when it comes to their new truck hitting the market. Their new offering offered nothing but a few changes. The powertrains are exactly the same. The 5.3 is way short of the ecoboost (40lb ft and 30hp). I did enjoy the TBSS. One of my favorites as is the V. When the new Fseries drops in a year or so your gonna see GM really squirm because that Atlas concept is really close to a production model.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #23
JDMLOL

Gm is fucked when it comes to their new truck hitting the market. Their new offering offered nothing but a few changes. The powertrains are exactly the same. The 5.3 is way short of the ecoboost (40lb ft and 30hp). I did enjoy the TBSS. One of my favorites as is the V. When the new Fseries drops in a year or so your gonna see GM really squirm because that Atlas concept is really close to a production model.
Those ecoboost motor's are the best thing Ford has done. That's what is in my dad's FX2 and it's great. He sees 19 in town and up to 24 on the hwy all without sacrificing ANY power. Drives like a car and very quiet. I pulled our 21.5 ft bass boat and it's like the damn thing isn't even there.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
Old 07-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #24
re-rx7
Banned

Thats the thing the Ecoboost makes a ton of Tq from down low. This new 5.3 of GM's offers 1mpg better Fuel economy but make signicantly less Tq and Hp.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #25
JDMLOL

Thats the thing the Ecoboost makes a ton of Tq from down low. This new 5.3 of GM's offers 1mpg better Fuel economy but make signicantly less Tq and Hp.
We will see in several months what mpgs people are REALLY seeing. My dad had an 05 z71 silverado before and it got better mileage than my 08 2wd with the same 5.3 4l60e combo even though mine had active fuel management. Both were the same truck except one was 4wd and different years.

The Queen:
Old 07-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #26
garner

5.3 is made to compete with the 5.0, not the ecoboost
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #27
re-rx7
Banned

The Eco boost is not the top range engine. Gm is fucked in everyway.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #28
garner

Neither is the 5.3, gm is still making the 6.2 to compete with the ford 6.2. But it's a late release just like the regular and quad cab models
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #29
re-rx7
Banned

You really think this gm truck is gna compete? The Eco boost makes more hp tq then their 5.3 and base engine. The changes they made were minimal at best to the exterior. The avail tq range on the Eco trumps te 5.e3 in every aspect. The 6.2 will be lucky. The only thing they changed was to direct injection.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #30
JDMLOL

When we got the FX2 the dealer said that the F150 out sells the Silverado nearly 2 to 1. Idk if that number is including the Sierra or not.

The Queen: