Old 03-24-2014, 01:01 AM   #31
Zeek

What's Darkpony's build anyways?
Old 03-24-2014, 10:51 AM   #32
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
What's Darkpony's build anyways?
Downtime said darkpony would be similar to his... which was a kennebell trapping mid 30s... if u do t trap over 140 on the spray Ill be confused since we had nearly identical builds.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:14 PM   #33
Zeek

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Downtime said darkpony would be similar to his... which was a kennebell trapping mid 30s... if u do t trap over 140 on the spray Ill be confused since we had nearly identical builds.
If he traps 135 i think I'd still beat him in a roll race. Without the bottle.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:40 PM   #34
re-rx7
Banned

Yup with stock heads and cams lol.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:42 PM   #35
re-rx7
Banned

Shit. Get a shelby bolt ons, radials, 9's. Fuck. What makes the vette fast isn't the engine. It's the weight and aero. The coyote motor na is way more efficient then the Ls3 motor.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:51 PM   #36
Zeek

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Shit. Get a shelby bolt ons, radials, 9's. Fuck. What makes the vette fast isn't the engine. It's the weight and aero. The coyote motor na is way more efficient then the Ls3 motor.
Not quite sure on that. With Bolton's and cam with stock heads I'm putting 500 down. 5.0s with all 4 cams put what down maybe 450? And besides that the ls3 has way more torque. And the ls3 is 7 years old? The 5.0 is 3 I'd hope they would have cought up in 5 years.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:08 PM   #37
re-rx7
Banned

Not quite sure on that. With Bolton's and cam with stock heads I'm putting 500 down. 5.0s with all 4 cams put what down maybe 450? And besides that the ls3 has way more torque. And the ls3 is 7 years old? The 5.0 is 3 I'd hope they would have cought up in 5 years.
Ford is considered the inferior engine and they put down more hp per cubic inch. The only reason your car is faster then a mustang with same power is weight and aero. That simple. Case in point the new camaro with same engine is slow as balls.

5.0's with cams and boltons are appraoching 500 wheel if not more. The Trinity makes more hp then the SC 6.2 and a smaller engine. Yea superior my ass.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:37 PM   #38
kdanner

I think you probably way oversimplify things, but let's see. So you putting down your 500, without your bottle, can you pull a ZR-1?
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #39
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Ford is considered the inferior engine and they put down more hp per cubic inch. The only reason your car is faster then a mustang with same power is weight and aero. That simple. Case in point the new camaro with same engine is slow as balls.

5.0's with cams and boltons are appraoching 500 wheel if not more. The Trinity makes more hp then the SC 6.2 and a smaller engine. Yea superior my ass.
In my opinion, the whole argument is null and void when it comes to modified vehicles. The only fair way to compare cars is in stock form, which most of us don't leave our cars stock.

You can make your point saying that the 5.0 is the better engine saying it's more efficient making more power vs displacement and you might be right with your opinion but it's doesn't change the fact that a 600rw Stang is going to get beat by 500rw Vette.

Bench or calculator racing doesn't always work. With comparable cars you can ballpark it I guess, but it's far from accurate.

As far as the street scene goes and racing, a 5.0 has to overcome a lot to make up for the weight and gearing difference of the Vette putting it at a serious disadvantage.

These Coyotes can be very fast, but in order to do so an owner has to be willing to throw quite of money at it in order to be competitive with everything in the parking lot at a meet. Otherwise it's best to stick to racing stuff like Camaros, Challengers and a few imports.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:48 PM   #40
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
In my opinion, the whole argument is null and void when it comes to modified vehicles. The only fair way to compare cars is in stock form, which most of us don't leave our cars stock.

You can make your point saying that the 5.0 is the better engine saying it's more efficient making more power vs displacement and you might be right with your opinion but it's doesn't change the fact that a 600rw Stang is going to get beat by 500rw Vette.

Bench or calculator racing doesn't always work. With comparable cars you can ballpark it I guess, but it's far from accurate.

As far as the street scene goes and racing, a 5.0 has to overcome a lot to make up for the weight and gearing difference of the Vette putting it at a serious disadvantage.

These Coyotes can be very fast, but in order to do so an owner has to be willing to throw quite of money at it in order to be competitive with everything in the parking lot at a meet. Otherwise it's best to stick to racing stuff like Camaros, Challengers and a few imports.
This is true. Mustang were never the vette comp. People just see it that way since most camros and challngers dont have a snowballs chance in hell. The camaro and stanf are on even fields weight and aero wise. Now the new stang is damn near the weight of the C7.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:05 PM   #41
five.slow

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
426 needs a little more than that, if you aren't on a happy dyno in 45-50° weather
75ish outside on one dyno 426 in california, dyno in texas a few months before was 421 and it was a little warmer maby 80 at the highest. its in the tune i guess.
five.slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:44 PM   #42
DirtyD

Originally Posted by five.slow View Post
75ish outside on one dyno 426 in california, dyno in texas a few months before was 421 and it was a little warmer maby 80 at the highest. its in the tune i guess.

Impressive then
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:33 PM   #43
five.slow

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Impressive then
id go with more like a little on the factory freak side. car always made good power. with just a lund tune(my first tune ever on the car) and mufflers i think it was either 386 or 396 on a mustang dyno. cant remember, only thing i have left from that car is the window sticker.
five.slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:48 PM   #44
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

I guess we'll need to meet up and quit bench racing
Old 03-26-2014, 02:55 PM   #45
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

I have no fucking clue what car makes right now...nor do I care. What I can tell you, is my car isn't the usual heavy pig. I'd say the tune is spot on and traction isn't a question. While the power adder is fairly new to me, driving fast cars isn't. I'd oblige a C6 any day.