The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #76
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Donnie and I will race at some point soon. We all always end up acting like stupid teenagers at some point when we go cruising. lol

Very true.
This is very true but we will have to wait till I get her back again. She is now at the paint shop. Might have it back by Friday.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #77
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Dfwls.com is this sites new name. Yea my lack of experience. I've ran the vettes that are so fast stock. I beat them. All I have is a tune. What is fung though is a 20k mustang getting compared to 40k dollar gm product.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #78
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
Damn, I paid too much for mine
Plastics are pricey these days.

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Im payin 22 k for my ls2 car with 21k miles and no sales taxes... few grand more for the HREs. whats a 5.0 with 20 k miles cost? Seems more comparing a 35 k mustang to a 45 k vette... and besides pure acceleration, thats qhere the comparison stops.
The mstang was never intended to be the vettes competition. The camaro was the stangs competition. Yea so a new mustang with warranty vs a old rattle plastic box. I drove my friends 07 and 30min was more then enough. The 90's accord interior was just as nice. I realize something just now. Gm build great niche cars but when it's come to actually making money they make shit cars. Weird?
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:47 PM   #79
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Arguing cost of make and model is silly in my opinion, especially in regards to modified vehicles. Choose your weapon and make it the best you can to fit your ideals of performance.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:00 PM   #80
re-rx7
Banned

Mine is idea with just a tune.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #81
Dmitri Wilson

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
FYI, we have taken several bone stock V's into the 11.7-11.8 range. Thats paper filter stock
downhill track and -2000 daltitude maybe
and sandbag stok
Dmitri Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:15 PM   #82
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Mine is idea with just a tune.
Can you elaborate further? Your idea of performance is tune only? Haven't you done other mods? Just trying to understand your viewpoint here.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:23 PM   #83
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dmitri Wilson View Post
downhill track and -2000 daltitude maybe
and sandbag stok
I know you are new here, but if Will says its possible, you should probably believe him. He isn't brand loyal at all and has all kinds of toys and has been through TONS of combos. He's a solid source for information with no reason to be biased at all.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:39 PM   #84
BERT
I love tube socks

Wharz 89!?!?

Ugh, long gone

Long story short, was attempting to put the electric fan on and decided to wait. Friend came in town and wanted to go for a ride. Put all water back in radiator and drove around. Couple days later I forgot about it and it froze and popped all the freeze plugs out of it. Stuck water hose in the radiator and ran it and everything went fine. Then lost my job so I sold the blower. Buddy came and picked it up to take to his house to take the blower off. Well, while it was out his house (not parked in his shop like I thought it would be) he fucking backs into it. This happens after the car had been there long enough to have weeds growing all around it and I had already paid him to put the freeze plugs back in for me. So I'm pissed at him at this point for not fixing my car when he said he would and now for backing into it.

So after thinking for awhile I sold it to another buddy of mine. He had it repainted and all the dents fixed then he sold it to a buddy of ours. I should've bought it back but I'm dumb. Guy that has it now has put way too much money in it for me to be able to afford it now lol

Guess that wasn't so short after all.
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #85
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Can you elaborate further? Your idea of performance is tune only? Haven't you done other mods? Just trying to understand your viewpoint here.
It goes back to something you posted long ago about reliability and being to enjoy the car without it breaking all the time. The mod list on your 5.0 engine wise was perfect to me.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #86
Grandpa
I> /\/\

It goes back to something you posted long ago about reliability and being to enjoy the car without it breaking all the time. The mod list on your 5.0 engine wise was perfect to me.
Ah, okay. I agree, for a cruiser its a solid set up that is no hassle, but not the most fun thing to drive if you are used to more power.The problem is my last several cars have all been blower cars making decent power. Once you get used to that power on tap, it's really hard to go backwards to a slower car. Plus, its impossible to get two kids seats in the backseat with one of them rear facing. My 5.0 is a great car and super clean. Just not a good fit for me and my family. Maybe if my kids were older it would be okay but kids have to be in a carseat now until NINE years old and that is a long ways away for me. (my youngest just turned one last Friday)
Old 03-19-2014, 03:22 PM   #87
STROKD
Old School

Plastics are pricey these days.

The mstang was never intended to be the vettes competition. The camaro was the stangs competition. Yea so a new mustang with warranty vs a old rattle plastic box. I drove my friends 07 and 30min was more then enough. The 90's accord interior was just as nice. I realize something just now. Gm build great niche cars but when it's come to actually making money they make shit cars. Weird?
sounds like your friends 07 is a fucken pile of shit, and in no way should be compared to all corvettes. My 2000 is rock solid and doesnt make a peep. The 05 im buying is even better... rides and drives perfect. sorry your experience with the cars is so horrible.

And as for the warranty comments, i dont leave my cars stock long enough to keep a warranty valid. My last LEASE car had coil overs and racing wheels when it was a week old. The 05 im buying i already have a race ported intake manifold/throttle body and cam set up on the shelf for it, and i dont even have the car yet. If i get a new job tomorrow ill be ordering headers and Corsas for it too.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:23 PM   #88
STROKD
Old School

Ugh, long gone

Long story short, was attempting to put the electric fan on and decided to wait. Friend came in town and wanted to go for a ride. Put all water back in radiator and drove around. Couple days later I forgot about it and it froze and popped all the freeze plugs out of it. Stuck water hose in the radiator and ran it and everything went fine. Then lost my job so I sold the blower. Buddy came and picked it up to take to his house to take the blower off. Well, while it was out his house (not parked in his shop like I thought it would be) he fucking backs into it. This happens after the car had been there long enough to have weeds growing all around it and I had already paid him to put the freeze plugs back in for me. So I'm pissed at him at this point for not fixing my car when he said he would and now for backing into it.

So after thinking for awhile I sold it to another buddy of mine. He had it repainted and all the dents fixed then he sold it to a buddy of ours. I should've bought it back but I'm dumb. Guy that has it now has put way too much money in it for me to be able to afford it now lol

Guess that wasn't so short after all.
Damn thats a sad story. I hate my pos most the time, but when I see it I get all happy I never sold it. Even if I drive it once a month when it runs Ill be happy I never let it go in the past.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:30 PM   #89
BERT
I love tube socks

Damn thats a sad story. I hate my pos most the time, but when I see it I get all happy I never sold it. Even if I drive it once a month when it runs Ill be happy I never let it go in the past.

And didn't realize how sad it was til I was typing all that shit out

I miss it everyday but I really miss it the few times I get out and just cruise around.

My first mistake was putting the built AOD in it. Think if I had kept the 3550 and then put the blower on I would've kept it. Hell I was never able to make a full pass with the damn blower. Still aggravates me.

Ok, calm down....
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:39 PM   #90
Grandpa
I> /\/\

And didn't realize how sad it was til I was typing all that shit out

I miss it everyday but I really miss it the few times I get out and just cruise around.

My first mistake was putting the built AOD in it. Think if I had kept the 3550 and then put the blower on I would've kept it. Hell I was never able to make a full pass with the damn blower. Still aggravates me.

Ok, calm down....
Just remind all the reasons why you hated driving a shitbox foxbody around while driving around with your modern conviences in your Coyote that work 24/7 and not having to worry about the hassle of inspection. lmao.