Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:11 PM   #31
DirtyD

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
agreed. Everything was fine and as soon as it was touched someting happens.
You seem to forget he ran the conservative Procharger tune on the car for 4 months, that included a couple of roadrace events. All CTP did was retune the car. The damage was likely done from the procharger tune, and when CTP dialed it up, it just put more stress on it. How were they to know anything was wrong if there were no symptoms?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:48 PM   #32
re-rx7
Banned

How can you know that there was something wrong with the procharger tune. It can go both ways. The Canned tune was most likely extremely conservative.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:26 PM   #33
DirtyD

How can you know that there was something wrong with the procharger tune. It can go both ways. The Canned tune was most likely extremely conservative.

Most of those tunes are intended to get you from your shop/garage to a tuner, and not really best on them for 4 months...
Old 01-28-2014, 09:30 PM   #34
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Most of those tunes are intended to get you from your shop/garage to a tuner, and not really best on them for 4 months...
They are made to run on, only put on about 700 miles on that tune actually. Both tunes are real safe, with spot on A/F ratios. I am about as safe as you can run as far as timing with the CTP tune and have full confidence. He has never had a car blow in him as his philosophy is tune at idle speeds to focus on driveability.

I had a rough start once I put the ProCharger on in the first place, at that point the plugs and injectors were changed. No issues with driveability before the supercharger. So, the chances of that being the problem could very well be it. I won't point fingers, I have full confidence in the shop. Until I know more, no one is to blame.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #35
Crimson600+HP

ProCharger still puts out there basic HO kit fits 2013+ Mustangs without trimming. It wasn't until this year where they finally realized that it won't due to the HID ballasts. Companies make mistakes all the time and I don't believe ProCharger has an in house tuner.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 01-28-2014, 10:37 PM   #36
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
They are made to run on, only put on about 700 miles on that tune actually. Both tunes are real safe, with spot on A/F ratios. I am about as safe as you can run as far as timing with the CTP tune and have full confidence. He has never had a car blow in him as his philosophy is tune at idle speeds to focus on driveability.

I had a rough start once I put the ProCharger on in the first place, at that point the plugs and injectors were changed. No issues with driveability before the supercharger. So, the chances of that being the problem could very well be it. I won't point fingers, I have full confidence in the shop. Until I know more, no one is to blame.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to blame you by any means. My apologies if it seemed that way.

I hope it comes down to a plug or COP issue.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:53 PM   #37
Crimson600+HP

I got ya brother, no offense taken. I would blame myself as I make this car earn its name as a sports car. Tomorrow is D-Day for diagnosis.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 01-30-2014, 02:15 PM   #38
El_Tortuga

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
.... I won't point fingers, I have full confidence in the shop. Until I know more, no one is to blame.
Sorry, but we can't have any of that rational thought, good judgement, and patience. Here on the interwebs, we expect instantaneous judgement on an incomplete set of facts with extreme overreactions. Throw in a little righteous indignation should anyone dare question or disagree and show is complete.

How's the patient?
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:20 PM   #39
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
Sorry, but we can't have any of that rational thought, good judgement, and patience. Here on the interwebs, we expect instantaneous judgement on an incomplete set of facts with extreme overreactions. Throw in a little righteous indignation should anyone dare question or disagree and show is complete.

How's the patient?
Haha, truth. I should become more erratic in my posts. That and make sure everyone knows I have the fastest car in the world lol.

Honestly, I haven't heard anything yet and I am too afraid to call and see what's up. I am trying to be patient and give the shop time to do things right and diagnose the issue. I will probably be giving them a call tomorrow that way I can have some peace of mind over the weekend or cry myself to sleep each night.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 01-31-2014, 03:30 PM   #40
Crimson600+HP

Finally got the balls to call the shop today. Well, it wasn't a spark plug, coil, injector, or something easy. Failed a compression check, but the rings were still good. Turns out I had a chunk of the #8 piston head broke off. Just gone, bare metal showing. So, it was the typical #8 failure, but the endstate is the same...catastrophic failure.

Right now they are tearing the engine apart to see if there is any other damage. If everything is good, I can simply replace the piston head in that cylinder and probably call it a day. Or I can go ahead, bite the extra bullet/$$$, and throw a forged rotating assembly (rods and pistons) and call it an engine. Right now I am just going to research the internet for forged internals and drink. Once I run out of booze in the house, looks like I am going to be sober for a while until I can afford it again.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 01-31-2014, 03:39 PM   #41
maxpayne

Sorry to hear that man.

I say build it, especially since you plan on keeping it a while.

Or, patch it up and part it out, then sell it and buy another one.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:49 PM   #42
BV600

LMAO....I'm not laughing at you but I'm laughing at your last post and the Guinea pig comment definitely fulfilling itself.

It does suck to hear, I was hoping it was good news. So this means no Texas Mile?
Old 01-31-2014, 07:23 PM   #43
Crimson600+HP

I don't know if I will be able to make the mile or not. If I okay the work right away, basically have two months to get the car going and ready. Any thoughts of buying a trailer to tow it down there are now out of the question. Look like I will start selling all the stock parts I have for the cars for scrap or something to get money back. Pinching pennies now.

I've put about $11K into the car know and if I build it, that will settle that number closer to the $15K mark. No way I am going to get rid of the car now. I run it and rebuild it. Rip out the interior and put a full cage in it ten years from now and make it a dedicated race/track car if I have too.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 01-31-2014, 07:36 PM   #44
46Tbird

Bummer man. Unfortunately, I'm about 95% sure you won't be able to just put another piston in it and go. When the ring lands go, they tend to take the cylinder bore with them. You might get lucky. Or, you might be able to get a sleeved block that will allow you to use the stock pistons.

Either way, I feel your pain. These 5.0s are real fun right up til they get punched in the glass jaw.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:00 PM   #45
El_Tortuga

Bummer, but now you know what you are facing.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote