Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:23 AM   #31
Soulowd

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Reading low has nothing to do with the price lol. There are diff types of dynos all read different.
Just a joke

1993 Cobra Black
Bbk shorty's, x-pipe, Flowmasters, bbk TB, bbk Cai,
UD pullies
(240rwhp/280rwtq)
Soulowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:27 AM   #32
GTOphil

Who owns TrueStreet?

I have a friend who owns a performance shop in DFW but I don't know ANYTHING about his Ford guy.

What can y'all say about TS? I want a custom tune. (Bama right now)
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:40 AM   #33
Soulowd

GTO I have done some research and a lot of friends and members have said true street in McKinney are pretty damn good. I talk with Tim there and he said that he will stay after hours to help work us (dfw5.0's members) into their schedule. The typical 400$ is what they charge if you already have your own sct tuner.

1993 Cobra Black
UD pullies
(240rwhp/280rwtq)
Old 01-31-2014, 01:34 AM   #34
DirtyD

My car dynoed 387/375 STD in stock form. So there is no doubt that Gearheads dyno reads low. And I don't know why it does, or why they keep it reading low.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:08 AM   #35
toomnymods

Originally Posted by Soulowd View Post
GTO I have done some research and a lot of friends and members have said true street in McKinney are pretty damn good. I talk with Tim there and he said that he will stay after hours to help work us (dfw5.0's members) into their schedule. The typical 400$ is what they charge if you already have your own sct tuner.
i'd much whether pay 250.00 for a aed tune that has your car actually on the street being ran in it's environment than a 400.00 dyno tune..

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
toomnymods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:10 AM   #36
toomnymods

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
My car dynoed 387/375 STD in stock form. So there is no doubt that Gearheads dyno reads low. And I don't know why it does, or why they keep it reading low.
before i had headers on mine i only read 398/377tq from gearheads..
here is my dynograph..
mods at the time where bama tune, jlt cai, and borla catback

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
toomnymods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:55 AM   #37
Soulowd

Originally Posted by toomnymods View Post
i'd much whether pay 250.00 for a aed tune that has your car actually on the street being ran in it's environment than a 400.00 dyno tune..
Good point.

1993 Cobra Black
UD pullies
(240rwhp/280rwtq)
Old 01-31-2014, 06:14 AM   #38
Soulowd

I bet I could go to different dynos all over town and get different numbers at each one. They could be corrected numbers, manipulated, SAE, STD ect. But for the ppl saying they are 400+ stock or 440 with just a CAI I'm gonna have to pass on believing that.

1993 Cobra Black
UD pullies
(240rwhp/280rwtq)
Old 01-31-2014, 09:10 AM   #39
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Soulowd View Post
I bet I could go to different dynos all over town and get different numbers at each one. They could be corrected numbers, manipulated, SAE, STD ect. But for the ppl saying they are 400+ stock or 440 with just a CAI I'm gonna have to pass on believing that.

But then again you also "aren't" making the power that you should, at least via dyno. This is why I finally understand why people don't need to get caught up in dyno numbers. For the mods you have, you should be 410-415 easy.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:14 AM   #40
GTOphil

Originally Posted by toomnymods View Post
I don't know anything about AED.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:56 AM   #41
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by GTOphil View Post
Who owns TrueStreet?

I have a friend who owns a performance shop in DFW but I don't know ANYTHING about his Ford guy.

What can y'all say about TS? I want a custom tune. (Bama right now)
Clint and Sean own TrueStreet Motorsports. I have known them both for many years and both are truly stand up guys and most importantly they are hot rod guys themselves who understand how important cars are to their customers. Being car guys themselves, they get it. They understand what we are all looking for when it comes to performance AND customer service. Most shops you only get one or the other to where at TS they go out of their way to provide both cuz they have been there themselves in previous years getting the same run around and frustration we have all dealt with at one time or another.

My car was tuned by TS and it runs flawlessly. With only a H pipe and a tune my car made 419/400 and not a single problem with it.

This subject of email tunes vs dyno tunes has been covered many times. In my opinion, you get what you pay for. The problem I have have with email/remote tunes is the risk you are taking doing unmonitored pulls that could cause damage before the final tune. In addition to that, with email/remote tunes from big tuners like Lund/AED/BBR etc, is that they are so busy they are now farming out their tunes to other people and God only knows who your car is really being tuned by.

With an in house tune, it's being done live on the spot and being monitored live on the dyno as the pulls are happening where damage can be prevented.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:41 AM   #42
GTOphil

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Clint and Sean own TrueStreet Motorsports. I have known them both for many years and both are truly stand up guys and most importantly they are hot rod guys themselves who understand how important cars are to their customers. Being car guys themselves, they get it. They understand what we are all looking for when it comes to performance AND customer service. Most shops you only get one or the other to where at TS they go out of their way to provide both cuz they have been there themselves in previous years getting the same run around and frustration we have all dealt with at one time or another.

My car was tuned by TS and it runs flawlessly. With only a H pipe and a tune my car made 419/400 and not a single problem with it.

This subject of email tunes vs dyno tunes has been covered many times. In my opinion, you get what you pay for. The problem I have have with email/remote tunes is the risk you are taking doing unmonitored pulls that could cause damage before the final tune. In addition to that, with email/remote tunes from big tuners like Lund/AED/BBR etc, is that they are so busy they are now farming out their tunes to other people and God only knows who your car is really being tuned by.

With an in house tune, it's being done live on the spot and being monitored live on the dyno as the pulls are happening where damage can be prevented.
Oh I agree, I completely understand the email vs dyno tune. My previous car was dyno-tuned multiple times at another performance shop in DFW. The owner is a friend of mine and I'm sure he wouldn't love me going to somebody else...but they seem to cater more to LS and Mopars. The guy that does their LS tuning doesn't do their Ford tuning.

That's why I was asking about TS because I've heard good things about their Ford work. I will be getting a custom tune this year; I've just got a Bama tune for the time being. I'm stock (axle back) so I assume it's safe- although I know it's conservative.

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:45 AM   #43
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
The CAI will be worth, at the most, 7-8hp, the gains come mainly from the tune. The long tubes were worth 15 on mine, and I regretted deleting the cats almost instantly. Since my car was brand new when we started, I had a two year inspection sticker, but after that ran out, it was a major PITA to get the car inspected. Even after replacing the cats, the car was nowhere near passing, so in the end, I did what I usually do in these situations, threw cash at it. The factory headers and cats are amazingly efficient, as is the factory air box. Bone stock, with just a tune from VMP, I ran 12 flats at 116. Mid 11's are obtainable through nothing more than a tune and suspension work, and looking back, I wish I would never had the long tubes installed.
Great post as Ive really been considering HF H instead of a O/R H. Was the smell bad or was it just the fact of noise or Inspection?
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:20 PM   #44
Soulowd

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post

Agreed! I have a tune from BBR but i chose not to use it because i would rather have it done live dyno catering to my car in front of my own eyes. Good Post.

1993 Cobra Black
UD pullies
(240rwhp/280rwtq)
Old 01-31-2014, 12:52 PM   #45
Soulowd

Talked with Tim at TS and he said he felt like that was low for a manual 5.0 and those mods. He came up with a few reasons like fuel, I am on 87 octane and he gets the feeling im on a shitty basic tune from SCT on 87 octane...Any ways I am scheduling appt to get in soon for Dyno tune to get it maximized to its full potential.

1993 Cobra Black
UD pullies
(240rwhp/280rwtq)