Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:49 PM   #1
2014gt

Default central texas performance

anyone heard of them are they any good?
was looking for a tune and have my mind set on aed, was just wondering if yall have heard of them

bone stock 1/4 12.65@112
2014gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #2
DirtyD

CTP is another excellent choice. Crimson600 is a member here and has his prochargered 5.0 tune by him
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:55 AM   #3
BV600

Good shop. I know my friends TT 5.0 is getting built/tuned by him right now. I will be getting tuned by him when my procharger is on. Also he has a On3 Boss that ran like 10.4-10.6 on 4.5psi
Old 03-22-2014, 07:46 PM   #4
kdanner

I like Jeff, even though he's slow. Being that close I can't imagine why you wouldn't go there. He'll take care of you.

AED, well lots of hype on one forum where he pays to advertise. But real measurable results on track? Not so much. He sure has tuned lots of CJ intake cars in the last several months, none of which have run 10.anything.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:59 PM   #5
Crimson600+HP

Jeff is a perfectionist and does great work. I can't say enough positive things about his shop. I have a P1SC kit that he tuned to 575 RWHP. Right now I'm at the Texas Mile, running my daily driving tune. I crossed with a 166.4 MPH, which was right on stock 2014 GT500. Tomorrow I throw on his race tune and start taping off the vents, gaps, etc. in my pursuit of breaking 170+ MPH. All this while being completely reliable and I owe that to Jeff and CTP.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:44 PM   #6
2014gt

this is music to my ears fellas i like keeping my buisiness as close to home as possible, and one know what he would charge to dyno tune my car with 100 shot?

bone stock 1/4 12.65@112
Old 03-24-2014, 02:04 PM   #7
DirtyD

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
I like Jeff, even though he's slow. Being that close I can't imagine why you wouldn't go there. He'll take care of you.

AED, well lots of hype on one forum where he pays to advertise. But real measurable results on track? Not so much. He sure has tuned lots of CJ intake cars in the last several months, none of which have run 10.anything.
That's because of the the AED people that throw his name everyone end up racing only on the streets, and very seldomly on the tracks.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:55 PM   #8
2014gt

so i read 400 for a dyno tune n/a at ctp, is it really worth 200 more for a tune from ctp?

bone stock 1/4 12.65@112
Old 03-24-2014, 09:05 PM   #9
kdanner

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
That's because of the the AED people that throw his name everyone end up racing only on the streets, and very seldomly on the tracks.
Yes, I fully understand that. Exactly why I say no measurable results, just hype. The cars he has done calibrations for at the TX mile have been poor performers as well such as TVS cars that couldn't get out of the 160s.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:14 PM   #10
2014gt

do you have personal experience with aed? i havent seen a whole lot bad about them, but ive heard a few negative things about all tuners except ctp, but i just found out about them

bone stock 1/4 12.65@112
Old 03-24-2014, 10:09 PM   #11
kdanner

Originally Posted by 2014gt View Post
do you have personal experience with aed? i havent seen a whole lot bad about them, but ive heard a few negative things about all tuners except ctp, but i just found out about them
I do my own calibrations. Knowing what I know about doing that, it can be easy to tell when he lies about something, and I've seen it plenty. Don't let him fool you, even as recently as 2011 he had other calibrators flying in to do the work in his shop, which you can easily find proof of via google. But even all that aside, like I was saying above, that camp talks a lot, but when it comes time to produce numbers anywhere other than a dyno, it just doesn't seem to happen. There are plenty of others out there doing calibrations that actually have good on track results from customer cars on a regular basis. Jeff is one of those guys.

Jeff I know personally. Andy that works for Jeff, I know personally. Other personal friends that have had Jeff do calibrations were happy with what they got. I can't imagine why you'd not want to take advantage of having someone local, but if you want someone in another part of the country I can refer you to plenty of other guys that can take care of you also. The guys who are good at this don't have to whore themselves out on forums, they already get all the work they want without having to do that.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:18 PM   #12
Crimson600+HP

I have nothing against AED. I actually was going to go through Shaun for my procharger kit, but he wouldn't touch centri's unless you were running ID1000's or better. Probably getting a lot of business now that more and more people are starting to swear by their tunes, but that wasn't the type of answer I was expecting.

For reference, my car on the daily tune (tuned for 91 OCT) ran 166.4 MPH this weekend at the TX Mile (my first mile event, no aero work done). That put me slightly ahead of a stock 2014 GT500 that ran the same day, also ahead of a couple C6 Grandsport Vette's. I put Jeff's race tune in for the morning but the day got rained out. With the cool temps and 20+ MPH tailwinds, I am sure I would have got that 170+ which was my goal. Well that's racing.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:29 PM   #13
five.slow

here we go again with the AED bash. dude if you don't like him just say you don't like him and drop it. my car ran like a raped ape, did i get on the track? no im in the middle of the fucking desert so that wasn't an option. the "hype" is about his customer service and how well the cars drive. i don't recall anyone talking about times... I did call out some ass hat from OKC that was running his mouth about how real street outlaws was and he didnt show.

OP beware of the internet. I hear bad and good about every single shop mentioned on the internet. hennessey has some good followers but we all know back in the day they ripped people off... people here in California seem to love GTR high performance but my experience wasn't all that great. IF anyone remembers arlington motorsports ran by a dude named keith you know how that went. ripped people off and went under. however his shop was across from my fathers auto body shop and was super cool with us and even gave me parts to build my first car (86 z28). probably stolen but i didn't know, he was cool. get my drift? go talk to some shops locally and see what they have going on.

*** disclaimer: no im not a "nut-swingger" im just a happy customer, and yes everyone is entitled to their own opinion ***
five.slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:09 PM   #14
5PointSlow

Originally Posted by five.slow View Post
here we go again with the AED bash. dude if you don't like him just say you don't like him and drop it. my car ran like a raped ape, did i get on the track? no im in the middle of the fucking desert so that wasn't an option. the "hype" is about his customer service and how well the cars drive. i don't recall anyone talking about times... I did call out some ass hat from OKC that was running his mouth about how real street outlaws was and he didnt show.

OP beware of the internet. I hear bad and good about every single shop mentioned on the internet. hennessey has some good followers but we all know back in the day they ripped people off... people here in California seem to love GTR high performance but my experience wasn't all that great. IF anyone remembers arlington motorsports ran by a dude named keith you know how that went. ripped people off and went under. however his shop was across from my fathers auto body shop and was super cool with us and even gave me parts to build my first car (86 z28). probably stolen but i didn't know, he was cool. get my drift? go talk to some shops locally and see what they have going on.

*** disclaimer: no im not a "nut-swingger" im just a happy customer, and yes everyone is entitled to their own opinion ***

Who was the asshat from OKC?

It's not really unknown about the danner/AED dislike. Go with whoever you want to tune your car. I am perfectly happy with my AED tune and my car runs pretty hard on 91/93 and E85. As five.slow says, Shaun's CS is top notch and his tunes are good. Call it hype, but when you have a large group of satisfied customers your going to see that. If kris sold tunes (which he said before he is not interested in that) he would probably get a similar following if he was willing to provide the same level of CS Shaun does.

SOLD!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium
Roush TVS/JLT Big Air
Stainless Works Long Tubes and catted X.
Magnaflow Competition Catback
AED Tuned
***Driver Mod***
10.88@134 on street tires
5PointSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:12 PM   #15
five.slow

Originally Posted by 5PointSlow View Post
Who was the asshat from OKC?

It's not really unknown about the danner/AED dislike. Go with whoever you want to tune your car. I am perfectly happy with my AED tune and my car runs pretty hard on 91/93 and E85. As five.slow says, Shaun's CS is top notch and his tunes are good. Call it hype, but when you have a large group of satisfied customers your going to see that. If kris sold tunes (which he said before he is not interested in that) he would probably get a similar following if he was willing to provide the same level of CS Shaun does.
dont even remember his name or screen name. if i knew it id ask you to go stomp his cars ass.

if kris would just stop talking shit it would make him look better. im sure he can tune the hell out of car but no reason to slander others in the process.
five.slow is offline   Reply With Quote