Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:50 PM   #16
Craizie

Most people do think they are in the right. I bought an SCT tuner from an unnamed board member and got burned. He replied back with some bull shit "how do I know you didn't break it" I chocked it up to a $250 lesson learned. Fuck shitty people.

Last edited by Craizie; 02-20-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:24 PM   #17
zsommer79

Originally Posted by PCB View Post
Does this guy really think he is in the right?
No but he knows you want the wheels since you already went through the trouble of having them refinished and if you send them back he has wheels in better shape than when he sent them.. Ya'll are basically playing a game of chicken now.
zsommer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:29 PM   #18
PCB

Originally Posted by zsommer79 View Post
No but he knows you want the wheels since you already went through the trouble of having them refinished and if you send them back he has wheels in better shape than when he sent them.. Ya'll are basically playing a game of chicken now.
Well everything is in my favor. Rating, membership length, proof in pictures. I'm not that worried.

I just can't believe people nowadays. What happened to respect and pride.
PCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:08 AM   #19
DirtyD

In all honesty Paul, you should've waited to get them refinished. I know you didn't have other wheels to use for the time being though, so you didn't really have much of a choice. Hopefully it all works out.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:19 AM   #20
PCB

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
In all honesty Paul, you should've waited to get them refinished. I know you didn't have other wheels to use for the time being though, so you didn't really have much of a choice. Hopefully it all works out.
Hindsight is always 20/20. You are probably right, and even if the guy doesn't honor a refund, I am not sweating the $375. I feel like he should have had the opportunity to do whats right, and others should know about him.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #21
DirtyD

Hindsight is always 20/20. You are probably right, and even if the guy doesn't honor a refund, I am not sweating the $375. I feel like he should have had the opportunity to do whats right, and others should know about him.
Are you busy saturday? I may head out to take some pics of my car if the weather turns out good, and I don't screw something up installing my LCAs and brackets. We could maybe meet up?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:48 AM   #22
46Tbird

I hate to tell you this brother, but I'm siding with the other guy.

He listed these as "used" which according to eBay means it may have cosmetic wear but is fully operational. By your pictures, this is the case.

It does look like he could have been more upfront on the wheel condition when he posted them. Indicating there was "one scratch" is not true. But eBay gives him a choice of five condition descriptions, and I think he picked the appropriate one. You tell me:

Motors: Parts & Accessories

Condition Description

New

A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag. See the seller's listing for full details.

New other (see details)

A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, or in the original packaging but not sealed. The item may be a factory second, or a new, unused item with defects. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

Remanufactured

A properly rebuilt automotive part. The item has been completely disassembled, cleaned, and examined for wear and breakage. Worn out, missing, or non-functioning components have been replaced with new or rebuilt components. It is the functional equivalent of a new part and is virtually indistinguishable from a new part. See the seller's listing for full details.

Used

An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

For parts or not working

An item that does not function as intended and is not fully operational. This includes items that are defective in ways that render them difficult to use, items that require service or repair, or items missing essential components. See the seller's listing for full details.

If you were dissatisfied with the items he sold you, that's fine, but he is only responsible AT MOST for a return of the item. Why would he also then be responsible for the unrelated costs of your tires or to pay to have them refinished?

I think you had a case for a return right up until you had the wheels refinished. At that point, you have modified the item, and he no longer has any obligation to meet your satisfaction with its condition.

Picture this. I buy a car in a barn because some farmer says he has "a nice old car" out there. I have it towed to my house but I'm pissed about its condition when it shows up. So I restore it, then a year later I go back to the farmer and tell him I paid too much for the car and now he owes me for half the cost of restoration. That farmer is going to tell me to pound sand, and I'd be lucky if I don't also get buckshot in my ass.

I understand you are pissed off, and why you're pissed, but caveat emptor dude. You thought you were saving hundreds of dollars on a perfect set of Forgestars but what you really got was a set of used wheels at market price. He offered $200, I think that is more than fair.

This is the listing, right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Forgestar-F1...p2047675.l2557
Old 02-21-2014, 11:01 AM   #23
PCB

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
I hate to tell you this brother, but I'm siding with the other guy.

He listed these as "used" which according to eBay means it may have cosmetic wear but is fully operational. By your pictures, this is the case.

It does look like he could have been more upfront on the wheel condition when he posted them. Indicating there was "one scratch" is not true. But eBay gives him a choice of five condition descriptions, and I think he picked the appropriate one. You tell me:

If you were dissatisfied with the items he sold you, that's fine, but he is only responsible AT MOST for a return of the item. Why would he also then be responsible for the unrelated costs of your tires or to pay to have them refinished?

I think you had a case for a return right up until you had the wheels refinished. At that point, you have modified the item, and he no longer has any obligation to meet your satisfaction with its condition.

Picture this. I buy a car in a barn because some farmer says he has "a nice old car" out there. I have it towed to my house but I'm pissed about its condition when it shows up. So I restore it, then a year later I go back to the farmer and tell him I paid too much for the car and now he owes me for half the cost of restoration. That farmer is going to tell me to pound sand, and I'd be lucky if I don't also get buckshot in my ass.

I understand you are pissed off, and why you're pissed, but caveat emptor dude. You thought you were saving hundreds of dollars on a perfect set of Forgestars but what you really got was a set of used wheels at market price. He offered $200, I think that is more than fair.

This is the listing, right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Forgestar-F1...p2047675.l2557
I understand your point of view, and I respect that. He did list the item as Used however per eBay policy if these were refurbished, or refinished he had to declare that. I even asked him in an email before me purchasing if there was any other damage besides what is stated and pictured and he said no.

Now when you look at the auction, you see a gently used set of F14's with one blemish. I was fine with that and the price.

At the end of the day I got a set of "10 footer" wheels. Up close the clear was cracked and chipped. Runs in the refinish work as well. From 10' away they look great. Now i know you don't know me from any other guy however if I did an auction for these wheels, I would have had indepth pictures and stated in the auction the blemishes as well as obvious needing to be redone.

I guess what I am trying to say is, he knew the condition of these wheels and he manipulated the auction and pictures to get them sold at a price where refinishing wouldn't be needed. I feel like I was sold a set of used F14's and got something very different from what his auction and pictures showed. Another problem with his pictures is on his twitter from I believe 3 years ago, he has that same picture. Leads me to believe those pictures aren't an accurate representation of the wheels today.

Last edited by PCB; 02-21-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:05 AM   #24
PCB

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Are you busy saturday? I may head out to take some pics of my car if the weather turns out good, and I don't screw something up installing my LCAs and brackets. We could maybe meet up?
Sure, I will see if 5O-H wants to go too.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:35 AM   #25
PCB

Misrepresentation.

You find your dream car on eBay. Seller takes pictures of the car that has been sitting for 10 years. Pictures of the exterior look like what you expected but nothing out of the ordinary. Judging by the pictures and description of the car, you can hold off on paint for a few years. He shows you a picture of a light scratch that you are okay with and otherwise everything else is up to par he says.

You agree to buy the car and have it shipped upon arrival. As the transporter drops it in your driveway you are eager to rinse her off and get to work on your dream car and a fresh starting point.

Wait... It looks like someone took an SOS pad to the paint.. there is surface rust in the corners by the windows. Someone tried to repair the bottom corner of the back bumper and did a horrible job. Clear is flaking off the rear quarters.

Misrepresentation.

That is not the car that was sold to you on eBay. The seller assured you of the exterior, and that aside from sitting for 10 years the paint and finish was fine. Now you are looking at a refinish and repair work on a car you thought had a decent, not out of the ordinary exterior, and the seller assured you that tiny scratch was the only problem.

I don't know about you, but that chaps my ass.

As an ebay seller it is my job to show and describe the product I am selling to the best of my ability good and bad. That's why eBay has their code of conduct and selling/buyinig policies. To protect us. It is not fair for someone to manipulate the auction and pictures to favor his pocket.

But lets face it. Life isn't fair. Do I need the $375. No. I just refuse to sit and get butt fucked by someone who obviously knew what they were doing.

Last edited by PCB; 02-21-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:42 AM   #26
46Tbird

At the end of the day I got a set of "10 footer" wheels. Up close the clear was cracked and chipped. Runs in the refinish work as well. From 10' away they look great. Now i know you don't know me from any other guy however if I did an auction for these wheels, I would have had indepth pictures and stated in the auction the blemishes as well as obvious needing to be redone.
I think I see the problem here. Forgestar wheels are usually no better than "10-footers" even when new.

Google 'forgestar quality issues' and you will get many hits on many forums.

http://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-tir...xperience.html

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=944057

http://www.the370z.com/wheels-tires/...nal-story.html

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/...-the-bs-i-got/

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...rgestar-wheels

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254608

Are you sure these wheels were ever refinished? It seems like the dude gave a REALLY squirrely answer here:
Originally Posted by Dude
In the message you stated that I did not say the wheels were not factory painted ("refinished"). In the description I clearly defined the wheels as "Custom Machine Face Silver with silver powder coat". Apart from that, I never stated they were factory painted either.
I don't even know what the hell he means by that. But I do know that the quality of Forgestar finishes are generally "average to poor" with some pretty glaring quality control issues. I'm not convinced the poor finish shown in your photos is anything but typical Forgestar quality.

(sorry, some of these may be huge)

Old 02-21-2014, 11:46 AM   #27
PCB

Those do in fact look horrible, however if these wheels looked like those, I would have them on my car right now and be a happy camper. These were obviously refinished, unprofessionally by someone in a cardboard box.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:08 PM   #28
PCB

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post

I wish mine looked as good as the ones you posted.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:29 PM   #29
re-rx7
Banned

I dont understand if you were didnt like what you recieved why didnt you just send them back and buy a new set of Forgestars for the same cost it cost you to refinish these wheels?
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:41 PM   #30
PCB

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
I dont understand if you were didnt like what you recieved why didnt you just send them back and buy a new set of Forgestars for the same cost it cost you to refinish these wheels?
Good question.

1. They don't make this finish anymore, and trying to find them are hard.
2. By the time I noticed how badly they were they were putting on the first tire and the clear was cracking. (it was globbed on)
3. They had to send out the wheel to be refinished. I chose to send the other three. Damned if I do, Damned if I don't. If i don't get the wheel fixed before returing the buyer will file a claim, If I do refinish the wheels I am out money whether I return them or not.

So the lesser evil to me was get them refinished correctly. File a claim with eBay to see if the seller would man up and help with the costs.