Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > DFW 5.0 Mustang Club > Introduction

Introduction Are you new? Post a little about yourself here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #1
DallasGator

Default '13 PW 5.0 new to DFW along with Cobra goodies

Hey guys! Just permanently moved out to uptown Dallas from Florida to work for the GM plant (oh the irony). I've already seen some nice 5.0s around and I figured I'd google forums. So here I am.

I currently drive a nearly 100% stock PW 2013 5.0 manual (axlebacks and a bit of plastidip). Lowering Springs arrive tomorrow. Here is it is at equipe rapide's AutoX event last spring. Future plans for the car are full catted exhaust + tune in 1-2 years time. I am attempting to fight off the mod bug until warranty ends.

and a freebie of my brother's mods-list-too-long-to-type pullied cobra.

Last edited by DallasGator; 02-09-2014 at 01:54 PM.
DallasGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #2
jng2985

Welcome, bad ass termi..
jng2985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Welcome.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:41 PM   #4
DirtyD

Welcome man! You're making the drive from Uptown to Arlington for work? Brave soul. Haha

Glad to see we have another corner carver mustang owner now.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:42 PM   #5
GTOphil

Welcome!

You guys feel free to kick me in the balls for this....but that isn't PW right?

I was pretty sure Ford only used Performance White on the '11-'12 5.0s and then switched back to Oxford White for '13-'14?
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:19 PM   #6
DallasGator

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Welcome man! You're making the drive from Uptown to Arlington for work? Brave soul. Haha

Glad to see we have another corner carver mustang owner now.
Thanks guys!

25 minute drive, 100% highway, virtually zero traffic delay both ways. I've had worse commutes. (granted I get to work at 5 am and get home before 3 pm.

That was the first and only time I did an AutoX event and it was a lot of fun with a fairly low chance of incident (which is always great with a DD car). Definitely plan to repeat soon. We went in a small group including my 5.0, that cobra, and a 135i and we all ran nearly identical times. However, the conditions were not phenomenal, the pavement was quite dusty.

On the handling topic, does your car have wheel hop issues? my car has serious wheel hop and it's maybe because I am used to my old '01 bullitt with 315s, but its kind of annoying + embarrassing to passengers. I'll take spin over hop any day. Point being is my plan is probably to do LCAs and bracket very soon too.

Originally Posted by GTOphil View Post
Welcome!

You guys feel free to kick me in the balls for this....but that isn't PW right?

I was pretty sure Ford only used Performance White on the '11-'12 5.0s and then switched back to Oxford White for '13-'14?
2014 started Oxford White. Pearlish vs blueish, most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless show something like this shot:

Last edited by DallasGator; 02-09-2014 at 04:26 PM.
DallasGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #7
GTOphil

Ah...I thought they did it in '13 too.

I wish they would have left it alone.

Performance White > > > > > > > Oxford White
Old 02-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #8
DallasGator

Originally Posted by GTOphil View Post
Ah...I thought they did it in '13 too.

I wish they would have left it alone.

Performance White > > > > > > > Oxford White
it bothers me a little, I feel like the car always looks dirty when next to a pure white car.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:33 PM   #9
GTOphil

See I guess it's the opposite to me- but I love cream colors.

To me the oxford white actually looks a little grey beside that PW one.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #10
03MachMe

Welcome. There are a few of us that do the local autocross events, usually ER, scca, and NTAXS. Hope to see you out

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #11
DirtyD

Originally Posted by DallasGator View Post
Thanks guys!

25 minute drive, 100% highway, virtually zero traffic delay both ways. I've had worse commutes. (granted I get to work at 5 am and get home before 3 pm.
Ahh, you definitely don't have to worry about traffic at those times. That will be nice.

Originally Posted by DallasGator View Post
That was the first and only time I did an AutoX event and it was a lot of fun with a fairly low chance of incident (which is always great with a DD car). Definitely plan to repeat soon. We went in a small group including my 5.0, that cobra, and a 135i and we all ran nearly identical times. However, the conditions were not phenomenal, the pavement was quite dusty.

On the handling topic, does your car have wheel hop issues? my car has serious wheel hop and it's maybe because I am used to my old '01 bullitt with 315s, but its kind of annoying + embarrassing to passengers. I'll take spin over hop any day. Point being is my plan is probably to do LCAs and bracket very soon too.
Yeah, the low incident of AutoX is nice for me too, as cones can only cause so much damage, typically just cosmetic. lol. I don't feel like putting my car into the off-track and breaking something or flipping it. Just not really ready to get that wide open.

The wheel hop is a common issue. Just not quite enough tire, and the suspension geometry. An adjustable upper control arm and new lower control arms with poly bushings are a good remedy to this.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:27 AM   #12
Futwa

Welcome! My dealership will be hosting a track day soon, it's about a little over an hour drive from where you are but it would be a good way to meet a lot of canyon carvers in the area. I'll post more info about it soon.
Futwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:14 AM   #13
Adam

Welcome! Glad to see you bought the fastest color. Lol
2013- PW GT, MF street AB, AED tune, jlt cai,Lethal o/r x-pipe, gt500 spoiler, Barton bracket, koni yellows, ground control camber plates,steeda sport springs, whiteline PHB, whiteline sway bars,whiteline brackets, whiteline UCA & LCA, DSS driveshaft.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote