Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:48 PM   #16
SMERF

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
Mine usually stays in the shoulder holster, if I bother to carry it at all, but I've been wondering about these -

Where did you get this?
SMERF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #17
Shiftybusiness

I always have a magazine loaded, but never a round chambered. Beretta 92 is my carry choice.
Cool I like the Beretta 92. I carry XDM9.
Shiftybusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:07 AM   #18
03MachMe

Originally Posted by Shiftybusiness View Post
Cool I like the Beretta 92. I carry XDM9.
I carry all Springfield. XDm 40 subcompact off duty and full size on duty. Going to get a XDs here soon

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:17 AM   #19
DirtyD

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
I carry all Springfield. XDm 40 subcompact off duty and full size on duty. Going to get a XDs here soon
Stephanie's dad has an XDs .40. That's what I used for my qualifying, and I absolutely fell in love with the way that gun feels and shoots. I'll be buying that one after the new year hopefully.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:18 AM   #20
downtime!

Originally Posted by SMERF View Post
Where did you get this?
Pic came from tactical-life.com. Haven't really spent anytime there, just liked the photo. CTD had something similar at one time.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:55 AM   #21
five.slow

Default conceal carry locations in the s197

Why have the magazine separate from the gun? Makes having the gun pointless
if you cannot get your gun and mag out from 2 close locations, load and kill you need to get more familure with your weapon and tactics. also might wanna think about what is causing you to be in a situation in a VEHICLE that causes you to quickly draw a weapon.

Last edited by five.slow; 12-01-2013 at 02:30 PM.
five.slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:58 AM   #22
Craizie

Originally Posted by five.slow View Post
if you cannot get your gun and mag out from 2 close locations, load and kill you need to get more failure with your weapon and tactics. also might wanna think about what is causing you to be in a situation in a VEHICLE that causes you to quickly draw a weapon.

What?

How about a mugging at a stop light?
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:09 AM   #23
five.slow

Mine usually stays in the shoulder holster, if I bother to carry it at all, but I've been wondering about these -

if you seriously need this to be secure you might just wanna stay in the house. i really don't get the whole i gotta carry a gun to be safe/be a man/ protect myself stuff. its out of control. im not downing anyone that wants to carry but damn its sad. if im gonna get my ass kicked then im gonna get my ass kicked. im not afraid to get shot or killed because i keep myself out of those situations. its called situational awareness.
five.slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:24 AM   #24
03MachMe

if you cannot get your gun and mag out from 2 close locations, load and kill you need to get more failure with your weapon and tactics. also might wanna think about what is causing you to be in a situation in a VEHICLE that causes you to quickly draw a weapon.
Haha you obviously don't know me. Because when someone comes up to your car with a gun pointed at you the last thing I want to do is grab my gun from one location my mag from another load rack a round then fire all before the guy gets a shot off? I don't care if your a Navy Seal that isn't going to happen. I promise you my weapon tactics are sufficient . I have seen people going through a drive through at a local fast food restaurant and get a gun pulled on them so don't give me this what's causing me to me in a situation where I would need to quickly get to my weapon. And that's fine of you think you don't need to carry a weapon but don't think that those of us that do is because we need it to feel like a man. I have seen things that make you realize you never know when you may need to protect yourself and or others. I bet before the movie theater incident in Colorado you would have thought it would be stupid to have a gun with you at the movies too huh. Or at the mall, or on a college campus. Get my point.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq

Last edited by 03MachMe; 12-01-2013 at 04:40 AM.
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #25
lolvtec

I always have a magazine loaded, but never a round chambered. Beretta 92 is my carry choice.
I love my Beretta 92fs, they are the perfect gun to carry with one in the chamber.. safety on to decock, safety off and in your holster. First pull is double action (no accidental discharge) following shots are single action and more accurate. Always be ready to use your carry.

On the other note.. five.slow; you live in Texas where men take responsibility for their and their family's safety, don't rely on a 7 minute response time from some underpaid, overworked, and often out of practice police officer... If you don't like it tough.. I hear California is nice this time of year.
lolvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #26
rriddle3

...i really don't get the whole i gotta carry a gun to be safe/be a man/ protect myself stuff...
While there are probably some people out there that carry a gun because of the psychological aberration you mentioned, I doubt that the percentage is very large.
You realize that a lot of people believe that those who drive performance cars are compensating for a certain physical shortcoming, don't you, but does that make it true? No.
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #27
Craizie

if you seriously need this to be secure you might just wanna stay in the house. i really don't get the whole i gotta carry a gun to be safe/be a man/ protect myself stuff. its out of control. im not downing anyone that wants to carry but damn its sad. if im gonna get my ass kicked then im gonna get my ass kicked. im not afraid to get shot or killed because i keep myself out of those situations. its called situational awareness.
Probably the most asinine thing I'll read all day...

If I had time I'd post the "we got a bad ass here" meme.
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #28
downtime!

LMAO at "situational awareness". You can be as aware as anyone in the world, all it takes looking down for a second to tune the radio or look at your phone. It doesn't take long at all for things to change.

As to "taking an ass whooping", well, I'm 50 now, and not nearly as good as a shape as I used to be. There will be no ass whooping, only the sound of the slide racking a round. If you still want to stand in front of me after that, well, it's your ass.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #29
SMERF

My pops always told me growing up,"better to have one and not need it, then need one and not have it." And I live by that. This world ain't safe like you force yourself to believe. Me, I'd rather kill the person trying to kill me. You can take the bullets since you give no shit about dying for your 60" tv
SMERF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #30
Shiftybusiness

Haha you obviously don't know me. Because when someone comes up to your car with a gun pointed at you the last thing I want to do is grab my gun from one location my mag from another load rack a round then fire all before the guy gets a shot off? I don't care if your a Navy Seal that isn't going to happen. I promise you my weapon tactics are sufficient . I have seen people going through a drive through at a local fast food restaurant and get a gun pulled on them so don't give me this what's causing me to me in a situation where I would need to quickly get to my weapon. And that's fine of you think you don't need to carry a weapon but don't think that those of us that do is because we need it to feel like a man. I have seen things that make you realize you never know when you may need to protect yourself and or others. I bet before the movie theater incident in Colorado you would have thought it would be stupid to have a gun with you at the movies too huh. Or at the mall, or on a college campus. Get my point.
Exactly!!
Shiftybusiness is offline   Reply With Quote