Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #31
five.slow

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Haha you obviously don't know me. Because when someone comes up to your car with a gun pointed at you the last thing I want to do is grab my gun from one location my mag from another load rack a round then fire all before the guy gets a shot off? I don't care if your a Navy Seal that isn't going to happen. I promise you my weapon tactics are sufficient . I have seen people going through a drive through at a local fast food restaurant and get a gun pulled on them so don't give me this what's causing me to me in a situation where I would need to quickly get to my weapon. And that's fine of you think you don't need to carry a weapon but don't think that those of us that do is because we need it to feel like a man. I have seen things that make you realize you never know when you may need to protect yourself and or others. I bet before the movie theater incident in Colorado you would have thought it would be stupid to have a gun with you at the movies too huh. Or at the mall, or on a college campus. Get my point.

im talking about situational awareness. knowing what is going on around you. i dont put my self in positions that i cannot get out of quickly. for the stop light thing, look around when you are at a stop light and see if people are around you. see with other drivers and passengers are doing. im not against have a gun on you but is everyone so scared that they need a holster bolted to the bottom of their steering column? im no bad ass but but at the same time i dont need a gun with me everywhere i go. long trips the gun goes with us but besides that its loaded in my wifes night stand for her not me....im gonna jump out the window while my wife takes care of things . we got into the "gotta protect ourselves" thing once and i got a judge and it was a awesome self defense weapon with the PDX shells but after a while i realized the gun was useless and not fun to shoot. got rid of it and i feel just as secure. again im not against having a gun but it just seems people take it too far.
five.slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #32
downtime!

You also do realize that 03MachMe is a cop by profession, right?
Old 12-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #33
five.slow

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
You also do realize that 03MachMe is a cop by profession, right?
Ok, I'm in the army... So we both have tactical experience. Difference is I don't get shot at by gang bangers lol.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #34
Oxford14Stang

hey Ryan question for you man, I thought even if you had your CHL or if you don't since its legal to have in your vehicle in TX that it couldn't be visible in the car? That it could be loaded and ready to fire.but I was under the impression it had to be out of visible sight. So wouldn't it on the steering column be visible?

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #35
Oxford14Stang

Originally Posted by five.slow View Post
Ok, I'm in the army... So we both have tactical experience. Difference is I don't get shot at by gang bangers lol.
I'm just going to get in the mix here. Those of us who carry do it for protection. Regardless if they need it or not. So don't ever say some take it too far because there is no god damn thing as being to protective or safe over your life or your family's. You will never know when you may need a gun to stop something bad from happening. Perfect example had someone been carrying at the movies theaters that terrible night in CO. someone could had dropped that guy and saved many of lives. Would they had taken the gun in to purposely kill no they went in to watch a damn movie. But went in prepared.

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #36
03MachMe

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
hey Ryan question for you man, I thought even if you had your CHL or if you don't since its legal to have in your vehicle in TX that it couldn't be visible in the car? That it could be loaded and ready to fire.but I was under the impression it had to be out of visible sight. So wouldn't it on the steering column be visible?
It can not be in plain sight, like sitting on your passenger seat. I would consider under the steering column hidden as unless your door is open and your not it in the car it's not easily viewable. I wouldn't leave it there when not in the car tho. That's asked for it to be stolen

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #37
five.slow

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
I'm just going to get in the mix here. Those of us who carry do it for protection. Regardless if they need it or not. So don't ever say some take it too far because there is no god damn thing as being to protective or safe over your life or your family's. You will never know when you may need a gun to stop something bad from happening. Perfect example had someone been carrying at the movies theaters that terrible night in CO. someone could had dropped that guy and saved many of lives. Would they had taken the gun in to purposely kill no they went in to watch a damn movie. But went in prepared.
So you don't think having a holster on your fucking steering Column is taking it a lil far? Yea sometimes people that carry can stop some stuff but at the same time they might not be able to stop stuff. I'm not saying wanting to have protection is a bad thing. I bought my wife a 9mm and then spent 3 weekends and over 1000 rounds training her to shoot properly and effectively while still being safe. If we go anywhere on a long trip she gets the gun not me. I'm not gonna have her carry all the time. We live with out fear of being gunned down like we live in the 1800s in dodge city. That's our opinion. If she decided to carry I would support her but the second she wanted to put a holster on her steering column, under the coffee table, behind the head board of the bed, in a fake brink on the outside walk by the front door.. I would have her go on dooms day preppers and have her see a doctor.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:23 PM   #38
03MachMe

So you don't think having a holster on your fucking steering Column is taking it a lil far? Yea sometimes people that carry can stop some stuff but at the same time they might not be able to stop stuff. I'm not saying wanting to have protection is a bad thing. I bought my wife a 9mm and then spent 3 weekends and over 1000 rounds training her to shoot properly and effectively while still being safe. If we go anywhere on a long trip she gets the gun not me. I'm not gonna have her carry all the time. We live with out fear of being gunned down like we live in the 1800s in dodge city. That's our opinion. If she decided to carry I would support her but the second she wanted to put a holster on her steering column, under the coffee table, behind the head board of the bed, in a fake brink on the outside walk by the front door.. I would have her go on dooms day preppers and have her see a doctor.
I think you have been in comifornia too long. The world's not all flowers and sunshine and I'm glad you can convince yourself it is but there are people out there that want only to hurt others and I would not want to be caught in a situation that I would be at a disadvantage. I'm going to do everything I can to make sure I have the upper hand. And if you think I am crazy for that then call me nuts

386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 12-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #39
five.slow

I think you have been in comifornia too long. The world's not all flowers and sunshine and I'm glad you can convince yourself it is but there are people out there that want only to hurt others and I would not want to be caught in a situation that I would be at a disadvantage. I'm going to do everything I can to make sure I have the upper hand. And if you think I am crazy for that then call me nuts
Yea been in this shit hole too long. I know there are weirdos out there but I'm not going to be scared every time I walk out of my house. You are a LEO right? You know what a safe place looks like and what a non safe place looks like right? You won't go into a place that looks sketchy when you are off duty... I'd hope unless you really are nuts. When I have my iotv, Kevlar helmet, 210 rounds and a m4 il walk anywhere especially if I got a buddy equally equipped. Outside of that if it looks sketchy I stay the hell away even if cops are around. You are not nuts for trying to have the upper hand.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:23 AM   #40
JDBishopArts

I keep mine within arms reach at all times loaded and ready to fire.

I used to not but I had an incident in San Antonio that made it a little more important to me.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #41
DirtyD

Yea been in this shit hole too long. I know there are weirdos out there but I'm not going to be scared every time I walk out of my house. You are a LEO right? You know what a safe place looks like and what a non safe place looks like right? You won't go into a place that looks sketchy when you are off duty... I'd hope unless you really are nuts. When I have my iotv, Kevlar helmet, 210 rounds and a m4 il walk anywhere especially if I got a buddy equally equipped. Outside of that if it looks sketchy I stay the hell away even if cops are around. You are not nuts for trying to have the upper hand.
It's not always a sketchy place, or situational awareness that can be seen. Sometimes you can be going about your daily habits, in what you see and deem a place to be situationally safe, and out of the blue, shit hits the fans and you have a gun pointed at you or see someone else with one pointed at them.

To me, concealed carrying isn't only about protecting myself and my family/loved ones, but also having the ability to protect other people who can't protect themselves. If I can be the difference between someone innocent dying or staying alive, I will gladly carry at all times.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #42
03MachMe

I also know bad stuff happens in "safe" places. I'm sure you like everyone else thought a movie theater was a "safe" place, or a school or a mall. Catch my drift.

386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 12-02-2013, 12:56 AM   #43
DirtyD

I also know bad stuff happens in "safe" places. I'm sure you like everyone else thought a movie theater was a "safe" place, or a school or a mall. Catch my drift.
No one would ever think about walking into a naval shop yard IN Washington DC to shoot and kill people. Way too safe of a place...
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:09 AM   #44
five.slow

Yeah yeah I know but I'm still not gonna go Rambo.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:08 AM   #45
five.slow

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
No one would ever think about walking into a naval shop yard IN Washington DC to shoot and kill people. Way too safe of a place...
And you think if you were the guy with the cc that you would have stopped him? Maybe so maybe no. It's a lot different when bullets come back at you... Ask me how I know. Dick head when I was down range stepped out of a house and started laying down lead right at me and 3 others. We had 1 249 gunner and the rest were m4s, not one of us got a shot off before dick head dropped his clip, reloaded and started back up. You don't just think ok I'm getting shot at now shoot back. You think get the fuck down or away then shoot back. Dick head didn't think that when we shot back and the 249 gunner cut the dude down.

You can be just as dangerous shooting at a bad guy. It's why cops don't just shoot back when they get shot at. Thru think about collateral damage.

Again defend yourself it's all good just don't act like everyone with a cc license is gonna be a hero. Lead singer from blues traveler use to have a cc until he got pulled over with shit ton of high power full auto weapons in his vehicle claiming he was getting ready for the end of all days.