Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:34 PM   #46
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
I think my car is prime example, just sayin.
Boy that has never happened at the shop you are now going to. Oh that's right it has, so I wouldn't get to cocky yet. Just saying. That's why these threads are so funny to me. Every shop has these threads about them, every shop.

Last edited by blownaltered; 09-12-2014 at 04:40 PM.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #47
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Boy that has never happened at the shop you are now going to. Oh that's right it has, so I wouldn't get to cocky yet. Just saying. That's why these threads are so funny to me. Every shop has these threads about them, every shop.
Lmao, aint that the damndest truth! Eight motors, dozen transmissions/clutches, crank ripped off the front of the block, melted pistons, hot wires, fuel leak, parts falling off the car in the parking lot with no one standing around it and much more , car damaged/scratched up, janky roll cage install and that was all to ONE customer. Hahaha
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:10 PM   #48
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Well lets compare the two shop tuning since thats all HPP has done:

TS: I've paid for probably 23hrs of tuning mostly NA to get the car running right and to try to make the most power. It made 525 rwhp and 412 rwtq, 29 degrees of timing, running lean, it never idle right, it surged, every time I came to a stop the engine would die, and pretty much every one saw what happen on the dyno when they try to tune for nitrous.

HPP: Paid for 2hrs of tuning, made 544 rwhp, 442rwtq, 23 degrees of timing, A/F ratio perfect, it idle a whole lot better, it doesn't die when I come to any stops. And manny is making the drivibilty perfect and its not costing me a dime. Thats customer service, hes actually driving it around to get the drivbility perfect where TS never really did that. They would give me the car and they said let them know whats wrong and Sean would make the adjustment.

So you tell me if my car isn't perfect example. Oh yea forgot to mention my car has bad piston slap especially when its cold. And I know every shop has their problem cars and done shitty work. But I'm just talking about my car not others. But so far HPP has always impress me with the tuning and the work they've done on my car. I should had paid them the money they quoted to do my build instead of trying to save money and go with TS. Which in the long run it cost me a whole lot more money.

EDIT: I just looked at all the invoices and I paid for 18hrs of tuning.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.

Last edited by BLK2012GT; 09-14-2014 at 06:18 PM.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:14 PM   #49
Midnight11
El Presidente

Manny at hpp. Period end of story

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:42 PM   #50
downtime!

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
Manny at hpp. Period end of story
Not even close.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:20 PM   #51
Midnight11
El Presidente

Yea tuned my car in less than a hour and made crazy power for what I have

HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Old 09-14-2014, 10:24 PM   #52
downtime!

I know exactly what he did, but he ain't all that. Trust me. Seems to be hit or miss on who gets a good job done, and who doesn't. He installed a grab bag of new and used parts on my car, including injectors designed to be used with a return style system and a used BAP that had been modified to run wide open all the time, and then wondered why he couldn't smooth the tune out. If you take him a car that is completely setup the way it should be, from the start, then he can tune it, for sure. If his shop does a half assed job with used parts, then not so much. My car did run like a raped ape at the track though, just couldn't drive it to or from the track.

And you're lucky you did the installation yourself. If you would have been there when Frank, Jonathan and I took the KB off the car, you would have been amazed at the hack job they did on the install. I'm surprised it didn't short out the electrical system.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:10 PM   #53
Midnight11
El Presidente

This post was about tuning that's why I answered it the way I did

HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Old 09-15-2014, 04:19 PM   #54
62nalide

HPP's crappy tune car ran 8.20s
PMP's tune car ran 7.70s

We didn't have a good experience with Manny and HPP it was horrible. But yeah if others are happy with what they have thats great I guess you need to be in some type of club or be in the illuminati or something to be treated good. Oh well.

Last edited by 62nalide; 09-15-2014 at 04:22 PM.
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:41 PM   #55
downtime!

The bottom line is, and always has been, for every person pissed off at one shop there is another who swears by it.

Yet another reason why my hot rods now are all over 40 years old. No one wrenches on these cars but me. If something goes wrong, I know exactly who to blame.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:08 PM   #56
Midnight11
El Presidente

Age of car doesn't really have anything. You can still do your own shit on a new car

HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Old 09-15-2014, 10:16 PM   #57
saunupe1911

It took me 2 yrs to finally tune my car... But when I did I took it straight to Manny. Why? Because I watched him tune numerous cars before mine and they all ran excellent. I can't speak for engine builds but Manny is the man when it comes to pure tuning. Also the car is tuned exactly how I want it! To my exact specifications.
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:17 PM   #58
kdanner

Age of car doesn't really have anything. You can still do your own shit on a new car
This.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:21 PM   #59
downtime!

I'll take that bet. We both start from scratch, you do your GT in its current form, I'll do my Scamp in its current form, and we race when we're done. You have 1 hour to do your best. Or worst. As the case may be.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:22 PM   #60
downtime!

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
This.
You get a pass since you've obviously taken the time to learn the in's and out's of a modern cars spark and fuel tables.