Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Default 347 stroker for new 5.0

This might be a dumbass question but does anyone offer a kit or can it even be done?
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
This might be a dumbass question but does anyone offer a kit or can it even be done?
Not that big, pretty sure 322 is about as big as you can go. But if you are up for it we should drop a truck 6.2 in your car, no need for a stroker then

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
Toby

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
Not that big, pretty sure 322 is about as big as you can go. But if you are up for it we should drop a truck 6.2 in your car, no need for a stroker then
wont work, the 6.2's have two plugs per cylinder with 2 coils that fire separately.

No need for the added ci. Just throw a blower on there and be done.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
downtime!

327 ci was the limit on 3V, I imagine that's about it for this one as well. Cams and a blower will satisfy your need. That old adage about no replacement for displacement hasn't been true for many years.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
46Tbird

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
wont work, the 6.2's have two plugs per cylinder with 2 coils that fire separately.

No need for the added ci. Just throw a blower on there and be done.
Will the 5.0 cylinder heads bolt onto the 6.2 shortblock?
46Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #6
Toby

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Will the 5.0 cylinder heads bolt onto the 6.2 shortblock?
Yes that is possible. Although i am not sure what intake will line up. The 6.2 is a compete different breed. its a sohc with a shaft mounted rocker and inline valves. It has a large bore unlike the previous mod motors which unshrouds the valves allowing much better breathing without large ports thus keeping the intake velocity up and helping with fuel economy.

Last edited by Toby; 10-22-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
327 ci was the limit on 3V, I imagine that's about it for this one as well. Cams and a blower will satisfy your need. That old adage about no replacement for displacement hasn't been true for many years.
Lawlz, srsly? A larger motor with equal boost will always make more power than a smaller one... Design'd equally of course. A 9k rpm blower car will obviously make more power than a larger cid turbo diesel done at 4k of course.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:23 AM   #8
downtime!

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Lawlz, srsly? A larger motor with equal boost will always make more power than a smaller one... Design'd equally of course. A 9k rpm blower car will obviously make more power than a larger cid turbo diesel done at 4k of course.
Yes, Capt. Obvious, that is true, but that wasn't what I was saying now was it? I was merely pointing out that he didn't need to add c.i. to get the power levels we used to have to use big inch motors for. Now that tuning almost any combination is possible, large engines aren't needed to achieve insane power levels. But I also see that you're quite a bit younger than I am, so you likely don't remember those times. Thanks for playing though, we have some nice parting gifts for you backstage.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #9
STROKD
Old School

Yes, Capt. Obvious, that is true, but that wasn't what I was saying now was it? I was merely pointing out that he didn't need to add c.i. to get the power levels we used to have to use big inch motors for. Now that tuning almost any combination is possible, large engines aren't needed to achieve insane power levels. But I also see that you're quite a bit younger than I am, so you likely don't remember those times. Thanks for playing though, we have some nice parting gifts for you backstage.
Lmao, ok, my fault, I have no idea wtf I'm talking about...I've never had a car as magically fast as yours is..

What parting gifts did I win?
Old 10-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #10
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Strokd doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to FPS games. He sucks! Cars, a lil different story. lol.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #11
downtime!

Lmao, ok, my fault, I have no idea wtf I'm talking about...I've never had a car as magically fast as yours is..

What parting gifts did I win?
No you didn't know what I was talking about. It wasn't about small cube blower motors versus large cube blower motors. It was comparing a larger cube n/a motor to a std cube blower motor. Simple as that. And this is the slowest car I've owned in years. Again, making assumptions is not your strong suit.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #12
STROKD
Old School

No you didn't know what I was talking about. It wasn't about small cube blower motors versus large cube blower motors. It was comparing a larger cube n/a motor to a std cube blower motor. Simple as that. And this is the slowest car I've owned in years. Again, making assumptions is not your strong suit.
Don't need to make assumptions. I wasn't talking about a na big cid motor vs a smaller blown motor, because I'm not into NA and being slow. A larger cid motor with boost making the same power as a smaller motor needing more boost will be faster. I guess I shouldn't have quoted you to get you all ruffled, since it seems to really bother you with what I said and it wasn't exactly your point. Not sure why anyone would spend money for a bigger motor and not boost it. Have a friend with a 760bhp 445 lsx, and he's slower than anyone I hang with because he won't put a damn power adder on it.

Yes a blown 5.0 will beat a 347 or 408 NA, but my point was a blown stroker would torch a blown 5.0. Sorry if I derailed your point.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #13
downtime!

Don't need to make assumptions. I wasn't talking about a na big cid motor vs a smaller blown motor, because I'm not into NA and being slow. A larger cid motor with boost making the same power as a smaller motor needing more boost will be faster. I guess I shouldn't have quoted you to get you all ruffled, since it seems to really bother you with what I said and it wasn't exactly your point. Not sure why anyone would spend money for a bigger motor and not boost it. Have a friend with a 760bhp 445 lsx, and he's slower than anyone I hang with because he won't put a damn power adder on it.

Yes a blown 5.0 will beat a 347 or 408 NA, but my point was a blown stroker would torch a blown 5.0. Sorry if I derailed your point.
Not ruffled at all, just pointing out that in the context of what I was talking about, you interjected a viewpoint that was totally irrelevant. I'm a boost fan as well these days, not sure why anyone wouldn't boost anything.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #14
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

I like bewst!

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:32 AM   #15
11bangbang

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
I like bewst!
same, and beer...