Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
DirtyD

Default Ran A S/C Cobalt SS Last Night

On my way back home from doing some datalogging for my recent JPC tune, happened to run into a Cobalt slammed on some RPF1s. First thought of the car was just an all show stance/tuner guy. Jumped on the tollway and after a short time he came up beside me.

First run was ~60-120ish roll (3rd gear for me), ended with about 2-2.5 cars on him, as we had to shut down when we came up on unsuspected traffic.

He pulled up beside me for a second run and asked for a 45 roll, I acknowledged and agreed. I started in 3rd again (had a some issues with 2nd gear 45 rolls earlier). He honked it off, and surprisingly, he didn't jumped the gun. I waited for him to jump before I went. Finally shut it down around 140, after putting about 3 cars on him.

We pulled off and chatted for a few minutes. His car, from his mouth, is stock Eaton blower, built top end, E85, making about 300-320whp/270-280wtq, as he hadn't dynoed it after a few upgrades. Of course those cars weigh 2800-2900 lb. Mods for my car are Jegs cat deletes, JLT CF CAI, GT500 ABs, 3.55s, and JPC tune, and weighs 3790 with me and 3/4 tank of 93, but I had about 1/4 tank for this race.

He says that he "typically" pulls stock 5.0s about 1-1.5 cars, so I was happy with how my car performed. He admitted that my car definitely had a strong top end.

Overall, his car definitely surprised the hell out of me as I wasn't expecting that. Haha. He said that he's a member of Dallas GM Elite, and has seen a few other DFW5.0s around I don't know if he's run anyone from our group.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote