Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:11 AM   #1
GTRacerX

Default Trying to Make a Decision

Up in the air between two exhaust systems. I am trying to decide between MBRP Race Series and Stainless Works. I want a deep aggressive sound. Trying to avoid any rasp or drone if I can. H Pipe or X Pipe? Any body have either one of these systems and if so how do you like it? FYI I plan on getting the 2013 GT500 Rear Valence so I can rock the quad tip look.
GTRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:29 AM   #2
Luke

X pipe is raspier than the H. As for the other question, I can't help you there, I've only heard them through videos which can be misleading.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
jayman33

Both are modular systems for ease of installation. Both sound great with SW being a littler quieter due to their baffling system and use a better stainless however, MBRP is less expensive by about 250ish. I've listened to both and can say both sound great. Give a shout if you need any help, we have a few sets of the MBRP in stock.

www.hypermotiveperformance.com
734-306-5231
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #4
JDMLOL

I personally like a little rasp, I think the x has more of that and that's what I run. I would say the H is deeper.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
GTRacerX

Would I have to buy the 2013 GT500 exhaust or just the tips for the quad exhaust?
GTRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by GTRacerX View Post
Would I have to buy the 2013 GT500 exhaust or just the tips for the quad exhaust?
You could probably fab up your own quad tip setup to whatever mufflers you have now, don't know how original it would look. I know there are a few aftermarket companies making axlebacks with quad tips for the 2013 GT500 as well if you didn't want to go with the OEM ones.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote