Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Interior/Exterior

Interior/Exterior Post new mods or questions about the inside or outside of your mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
aalbrand

Default What about these tires...

I do not know much about rims/tires, but am looking at getting a set. Here is what I am looking at now.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/charco...19x9-0512.html

Any suggestions on the setup (tires to get and such)? Also, I am still rolling on the standard set that came on my stang, what would be a good front and rear setup that will work with factory equip?

And one more thing, what about springs to get it about an inch lower? I want to try to not sacrifice ride comfort or clearance too much.

I would like to get more grip on take-off, that is for sure!

Thanks in advance.
aalbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
DirtyD

All I see is a link to wheels...no tires.

You will get the typical RTR/Drift haters, but do what you want to do.

Eibach Pro kit will give you about 1", as will Ford P springs.

As for tires, Hankook Ventus V12, Continental ExtremeContact DW are good affordable tires, and if you want to spend a little more, Michelin Pilot Super Sports.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
aalbrand

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
All I see is a link to wheels...no tires.

You will get the typical RTR/Drift haters, but do what you want to do.

Eibach Pro kit will give you about 1", as will Ford P springs.

As for tires, Hankook Ventus V12, Continental ExtremeContact DW are good affordable tires, and if you want to spend a little more, Michelin Pilot Super Sports.
Ughh, yes I knew after I posted tires on the thread, but was truly asking about rims, I would get that response. putting on the 24 hour burn for work, and just took a break to look at some nice toys for my car. I really like the matte charcoal or black finish rims of this style. Any suggestions? I definitely do not want to provoke any haters!
Old 09-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #4
jayman33

Look at the Avant Garde M310 wheels. I bit less on price and the quality is great. I've ran these wheels on our boss on multiple track events without issue. Give us a shout on pricing

www.hypermotiveperformance.com
734-306-5231
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #5
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by aalbrand View Post
Ughh, yes I knew after I posted tires on the thread, but was truly asking about rims, I would get that response. putting on the 24 hour burn for work, and just took a break to look at some nice toys for my car. I really like the matte charcoal or black finish rims of this style. Any suggestions? I definitely do not want to provoke any haters!
First things first, don't worry about haters. No one here is helping you pay for your car, much less sponsor your mods . I personally like those rims (or that style anyway) but, the only reason I didn't get them is because they are a bit too common as far as aftermarket wheels are concerned. You will hardly see a Mustang with those wheels though, in your daily commute. Hell, about 95% of the Mustangs you may see will be stock. The most place you will see modded cars of any type will be online or at car meets.

I'd say go for the charcoal. To me, the all black wheel thing is getting played out very fast especially with stock cars coming that way from the factory now. As DirtyD stated, go with some Ford P Springs. Should something go wrong, you may be able to argue about warranty since they are a genuine Ford product. I got them for that reason and that I also wanted a 1inch drop. Tire sizing can be a little tricky as some manufacturers measurements are different than others. Sort of like buying shoes. I have seen a few cars with as wide as 315s on the back, lowered. Not sure what mods they had if they had to do anything to accommodate that. Millimeters to inches is 25.4/1. So for a 9.5inch wheel I would not recommend going any wider than a 275, but that is me. I have 10inch wide rears and bought 285s for those. I plan on getting either 255s or 265s for my front 9inch wide wheels.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #6
2012mustang76123

Like the rims but still prefer forgestars.

Also if you have the option get either 20 or 18" . 19" tires are expensive over both of those and harder to find good used sets.
2012mustang76123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:00 AM   #7
DirtyD

You can actually got with a 285 on a 9.5" wheel, but optimum contact patch is 275.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #8
aalbrand

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
First things first, don't worry about haters. No one here is helping you pay for your car, much less sponsor your mods . I personally like those rims (or that style anyway) but, the only reason I didn't get them is because they are a bit too common as far as aftermarket wheels are concerned. You will hardly see a Mustang with those wheels though, in your daily commute. Hell, about 95% of the Mustangs you may see will be stock. The most place you will see modded cars of any type will be online or at car meets.

I'd say go for the charcoal. To me, the all black wheel thing is getting played out very fast especially with stock cars coming that way from the factory now. As DirtyD stated, go with some Ford P Springs. Should something go wrong, you may be able to argue about warranty since they are a genuine Ford product. I got them for that reason and that I also wanted a 1inch drop. Tire sizing can be a little tricky as some manufacturers measurements are different than others. Sort of like buying shoes. I have seen a few cars with as wide as 315s on the back, lowered. Not sure what mods they had if they had to do anything to accommodate that. Millimeters to inches is 25.4/1. So for a 9.5inch wheel I would not recommend going any wider than a 275, but that is me. I have 10inch wide rears and bought 285s for those. I plan on getting either 255s or 265s for my front 9inch wide wheels.

-Alex
Thanks Alex, this is great info. I think I will go for the 275's for tires. I am going to continue to browse around for Rims. Also, thanks for the info on the springs, that is really good to know! When all this goes down, I will start posting some pics
Old 09-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #9
El_Tortuga

Eibach Pros worked well for me. On my car they dropped me 1" in front and 1-3/8" in back. I'd like to be 1/4" lower in back, but otherwise its a very nice compromise. No road dramas and enough clearance for the speed bumps, railroad tracks, curbs, and etc.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote