Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
Rydawg1

Default VMP TVS install

I took the pics in the order of how the parts where installed, but didn't make comments on each pic as they're pretty self explanatory. Here's the link if you're interested.

http://s172.photobucket.com/user/ryd...?sort=2&page=1

2013 SG 400A GT Premium w/Brembos, VMP TVS 2.3 stage 2, Fore return style fuel system, ID1000's, 20" Shelby CS70's, Eibach Pro System Suspension Kit, BMR K member, UCA, LCA, adj. Pan hard Bar, Shaftmaster Aluminum Driveshaft, McLeod RXT twin disc clutch, McLeod lightened steel flywheel, MBRP race exhaust with Lethal O/R H, JLT oil separator
Rydawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
DirtyD

Turned out good!

Justin doing the tune as well?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
Rydawg1

Yes, you have to do some data logging on the initial baseline tune he sends you, then he'll make adjustments to it based on those results. So far I've been very happy with it.

2013 SG 400A GT Premium w/Brembos, VMP TVS 2.3 stage 2, Fore return style fuel system, ID1000's, 20" Shelby CS70's, Eibach Pro System Suspension Kit, BMR K member, UCA, LCA, adj. Pan hard Bar, Shaftmaster Aluminum Driveshaft, McLeod RXT twin disc clutch, McLeod lightened steel flywheel, MBRP race exhaust with Lethal O/R H, JLT oil separator
Old 11-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Nice. Pretty easy install since it has the plug n play harnesses? (other than the grinding obviously)
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
maxpayne

Wow - Looks great! And, I am sure it will perform even better.

Quick question - based on the research you have completed, is the TVS SC the easiest to install and the best plug/play supercharged out there?
Old 11-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
Rydawg1

Yes, I would recommend buying the wiring harness for sure! It's simple plug and play with the exception of one wire. You have to take a wire out of one of the ECU wiring harnesses and solder on a another wire (piggy back). I almost bent the pin trying to get it out of the harness. Then I got a razor blade and sliced a section of the wire jacket off, leaving the pin inside the harness, then soldered the wire on. Other than that and the grinding it was a pretty straight forward install.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #7
Rydawg1

@maxpayne No I think the easiest to install would be the Procharger (centrifugal) I don't think you have to do anything to it. Bolts right on. But I wanted the TVS solution. I was torn between the VMP TVS and a Kenne Bell 2.8lc mammoth. It was the custom tuning that's included that swung me. With the KB I think they give you a baseline tune only.

Last edited by Rydawg1; 11-04-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #8
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Rydawg1 View Post
Yes, I would recommend buying the wiring harness for sure! It's simple plug and play with the exception of one wire. You have to take a wire out of one of the ECU wiring harnesses and solder on a another wire (piggy back). I almost bent the pin trying to get it out of the harness. Then I got a razor blade and sliced a section of the wire jacket off, leaving the pin inside the harness, then soldered the wire on. Other than that and the grinding it was a pretty straight forward install.
Good to hear. Please post up some videos once you get her tuned up.

Which pulley did you go with? Did you do the upgraded fans too?
Old 11-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #9
Rydawg1

Yes I went with the stage 2 kit w/dual fan heat exchange and an 82mm pulley.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #10
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Yes I went with the stage 2 kit w/dual fan heat exchange and an 82mm pulley.
That is the same set up I'm interested in. Keep us updated with your driving impressions once it's tuned.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #11
Rydawg1

It's tuned. I sent off my data logs on Wednesday of last week. Installed the revised tune. He asked for another set of WOT pulls to be data logged and I asked him to put me in the "middle of the road" on my tune. I didn't want to be too aggressive, moderate is probably the best word. I'm at 13° advanced timing on 93 octane. So far I love it, took out and cruised around most of the weekend. It behaves no different than stock cruising around town, but when you floor it, that's a different story.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #12
Grandpa
I> /\/\

It's tuned. I sent off my data logs on Wednesday of last week. Installed the revised tune. He asked for another set of WOT pulls to be data logged and I asked him to put me in the "middle of the road" on my tune. I didn't want to be too aggressive, moderate is probably the best word. I'm at 13° advanced timing on 93 octane. So far I love it, took out and cruised around most of the weekend. It behaves no different than stock cruising around town, but when you floor it, that's a different story.
Awesome. Congrats. Hope you make it to a meet, I'd like to check it out.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #13
JDBishopArts

Depending on what your A/F is 13° is way way way conservative. I was at 15° and made 535 with a 11.4 A/F. We bumped it to 16.5° and it's still in the conservative range.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #14
Rydawg1

What pulley size are you running? I was going to try and attach my .csv but it exceeds the size limit.

Last edited by Rydawg1; 11-04-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #15
JDBishopArts

82mm
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote