Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Detailing

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #16
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by merlinmol View Post
I used Zaino when I had my Firehawk, to be honest I thought it was awesome. Being that my current 2 cars are white, there is no need to do so much to the car. Here are a couple pics of the Firehawk. I use Meguiar's now and it works just fine for me. We will see how it does once I get my porter cable in a week or so. My Camaro needs paint corretion badly.

Let me know if you want some help with that!

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #17
merlinmol

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Let me know if you want some help with that!
Nah, I got it. I do paint correction for Whiteside Customs most the time. I just don't have my own porter cable and now I will. It helps having a garage too, haven't had one of those in a long time haha.
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:56 AM   #18
toomnymods

i had been using the meguiars gold class soap for 2 years and had thought it was awesome.. well just recently i bought this Meguiars yellow "ultimate wash and wax" http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product/4823
and the results where phenominal. i couldnt believe it had soo much suds and smelled awesome and when i was done it had my car gleaming like a mirror and had the "just waxed look to it"
will definatly be using this for now on as it has the same stuff as thier best carnuaba waxes already liquified into the wash. So killing two birds with one stone was definatly awesome..

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
toomnymods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:11 AM   #19
re-rx7
Banned

Best meguairs wash is also the cheapest. Comes in a pink bottle. Stuff is the best I've used.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:36 AM   #20
toomnymods

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Best meguairs wash is also the cheapest. Comes in a pink bottle. Stuff is the best I've used.
Imo thats the worst.. Absolutely no suds at all and more work to get all the dirt off the vehicle.

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
toomnymods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #21
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by toomnymods View Post
Imo thats the worst.. Absolutely no suds at all and more work to get all the dirt off the vehicle.
Are we using the same cause Ive used the Ultimate and it wasnt up to snuff. Think bottle was def more sudsy plus i dont like the wax additive in the ultimate wax wash or whatever. Then again I always use Ultimate spray wax after every wash to extend protection between washes. This may be why the pink works so much better for me.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:30 PM   #22
STROKD
Old School

http://www.zymol.com/zymolclear85oz.aspx

Donnie, this shit is the best...
Old 02-10-2014, 03:48 PM   #23
re-rx7
Banned

Stick with what works for you. Im ging to start using Cquartz wax soon away from meguairs.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:27 PM   #24
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
http://www.zymol.com/zymolclear85oz.aspx

Donnie, this shit is the best...
$26 dollar car wash soap. lmao. Yeah right.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:34 PM   #25
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
$26 dollar car wash soap. lmao. Yeah right.
What? Too cheap for you? Ive tried about 15 different soaps, this works the best, gets car super clean, feela like it was just waxed, and you dont have to scrub real hard for the bugs and tar, road grime that collects on the bottom areas of the bumpers and side panels. Shit almost wipes right off.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:39 PM   #26
Grandpa
I> /\/\

What? Too cheap for you? Ive tried about 15 different soaps, this works the best, gets car super clean, feela like it was just waxed, and you dont have to scrub real hard for the bugs and tar, road grime that collects on the bottom areas of the bumpers and side panels. Shit almost wipes right off.
Cheap? More like WAY too expensive. Technique, time of day and using soft water are more important than which soap to use. I've got some Meguairs stuff I got off the shelf at Wal-Mart and I guarantee you my car looks as good or better than yours does with the expensive stuff.

If anyone is washing their car in direct sunlight using hard water, it doesn't matter if your soap in $1000 bucks an ounce, it still won't look good.

Soft water, in the shade, washing panel by panel rinsing each panel as you go is the best way to do it.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:57 PM   #27
re-rx7
Banned

Soft water, in the shade, washing panel by panel rinsing each panel as you go is the best way to do it.
QFT!!!!! and a good mitt.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:39 PM   #28
STROKD
Old School

Cheap? More like WAY too expensive. Technique, time of day and using soft water are more important than which soap to use. I've got some Meguairs stuff I got off the shelf at Wal-Mart and I guarantee you my car looks as good or better than yours does with the expensive stuff.

If anyone is washing their car in direct sunlight using hard water, it doesn't matter if your soap in $1000 bucks an ounce, it still won't look good.

I do all the shit you do, Im not a moron. Lol

As for comparing our cars, your car is brand new almost, if you had a car you had since new in the 80s you could compare to the porsche. It shines better than most newer cars that arent waxed every month. Last time it was waxed was 5 years ago i think.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:44 PM   #29
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I do all the shit you do, Im not a moron. Lol

As for comparing our cars, your car is brand new almost, if you had a car you had since new in the 80s you could compare to the porsche. It shines better than most newer cars that arent waxed every month. Last time it was waxed was 5 years ago i think.
First of all, anyone can see factory paint is horrible and needs to be buffed down and smoothed.

Secondly, you saw my 93 Cobra and it was cleaner than most.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:31 PM   #30
STROKD
Old School

First of all, anyone can see factory paint is horrible and needs to be buffed down and smoothed.

Secondly, you saw my 93 Cobra and it was cleaner than most.
Factory Ford paint, yes, it looks like it was put on with a mop. Factory paint on the C6s looked pretty f'in good. Porsche and BMW/MB even better.