Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #586
Midnight11
El Presidente

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
I was pretty sure class a and b felony resulted in seizure not misdemenor?
he's a cop, im pretty sure he knows his stuff

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #587
03MachMe

I was pretty sure class a and b felony resulted in seizure not misdemenor?
1. No such thing as a class a or b felony in Texas. Felony is either state jail, 3rd, 2nd, or 1st degree, or capital felony.

2. The seizure part was written into the street racing offense to further deter people from doing it.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #588
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
1. No such thing as a class a or b felony in Texas. Felony is either state jail, 3rd, 2nd, or 1st degree, or capital felony.

2. The seizure part was written into the street racing offense to further deter people from doing it.
When you say seizure, does that mean indefinitely or impounded where you have to pick it up?

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #589
White_lightning

hmm.. do you know the law reference? I cant find anything on any of the street racing laws that show a seizure of vehicle unless some one is injured in the event...
Old 07-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #590
03MachMe

hmm.. do you know the law reference? I cant find anything on any of the street racing laws that show a seizure of vehicle unless some one is injured in the event...
Not off the top of my head. I could be wrong since I know our department won't do it but I remeber being told it in the academy

386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 07-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #591
White_lightning

Not off the top of my head. I could be wrong since I know our department won't do it but I remeber being told it in the academy
i got this from a lawyer friend. No seizer for street racing unless some one is seriously injured or died and then the seizure is part of the felony not the misdemeanor...

The only reason i know a lot of this stuff is my father in law is an Ex cop and im used to arguing with him

The minimum penalty for street racing in , TX covers a first offense where no one received injuries. You'd be charged with a Class B Misdemeanor, jailed up to 180 days, and/or fined up to $2,000. You'd have your car impounded and your driver's license suspended for 1 year.
The penalty for a 2nd offense, or a 1st offense if you're intoxicated or have an open container of alcohol would get you a Class A Misdemeanor charge, jail time up to 1 year and/or a fine of up to $4,000. You'd have your car impounded and your driver's license suspended for 1 year.
The 3rd offense for street racing in Houston, TX is a State Jail Felony where you're jailed from 180 days to 2 years or more AND fined up to $10,000. You'd have your car impounded and your driver's license suspended.
You'd be charged with a Third Degree Felony for a 1st (or any) offense if anyone's injured by your street racing, or for an offense where you exhibited or used a deadly weapon during the crime or while fleeing. Using your car as a deadly weapon qualifies you for this felony; the weapon doesn't have to be a gun. You'd be jailed from 2 to 10 years AND fined up to $10,000.
You'd be charged with a Second Degree Felony for the 1st (or any) offense if anyone receives serious bodily injury or dies because of your street racing. This means that you'd be jailed from 2 to 20 years AND fined up to $10,000.
When you're under the driver's license suspension, but not in jail, you can apply for an occupational license to allow you to go to school and home (and work if you are 18 or older). Note: Your occupational license fees can be hundreds of dollars.
If authorities catch you street racing while your license remains suspended, your suspension starts all over again, and you automatically move up into at least the Class A Misdemeanor penalty category.
And for the fans of street racing, you can receive fines of up to $500 just for watchimg a race.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #592
White_lightning

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
he's a cop, im pretty sure he knows his stuff
my Father in law is Ex police, so i know from experience that often what they think is that law, and what actually is the law are often 2 very different things
Old 07-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #593
03MachMe

my Father in law is Ex police, so i know from experience that often what they think is that law, and what actually is the law are often 2 very different things
Ok I was mistaken about it having to be a felony to be seized but you can have your car seized for street racing just not a first offense. Like i said my department almost never seizes anything so I stopped paying attention to what I could seize. Either way racing is a class B at minimum. So I was wrong about was we could take from you not what the law for racing is. Seizures are a civil deal that I play no part in so sorry for getting that wrong.

386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 07-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #594
White_lightning

Ok I was mistaken about it having to be a felony to be seized but you can have your car seized for street racing just not a first offense. Like i said my department almost never seizes anything so I stopped paying attention to what I could seize. Either way racing is a class B at minimum. So I was wrong about was we could take from you not what the law for racing is. Seizures are a civil deal that I play no part in so sorry for getting that wrong.
Please don't think that i was trying to antagonize you just having a friendly chat here..

IMO either way they got LUCKY.. It was REALLY cool of the cop to just do Speeding and impeding.

i had the opposite experience with DPS.

2 ppl i know were going to race.. and i was going to follow and watch.

we left our meet spot and cruised on the road for about 10-15 min NEVER going over 60mph trying to find a place for them to go.

we didn't see or pass another car in the whole trip. I was doing 60 in the far left lane, they pulled up on my right to run... right before they took off a cop came out of now where.. lit ME up and pulled ME over.

ticketed me for 82 in a 70 even though (1) i never raced.. (2) i never even broke the speed limit.. He Yelled at me and told me im lucky he didn't write me up for racing and doing over 100 because we pissed him off and he didn't care if i did or DIDNT speed because he would write me what ever ticket he wanted..

He didn't Radar/laser my speed.. and if he paced me he was lying too because from getting ON the road till being pulled over i not ONCE went over 60mph..
Old 07-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #595
Oxford14Stang

Man after reading all this.. why is it I do hwy rolls? And knowing we have a cop on the forum? Just remember 03machme I'm your friend lol

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #596
Oxford14Stang

Please don't think that i was trying to antagonize you just having a friendly chat here..

IMO either way they got LUCKY.. It was REALLY cool of the cop to just do Speeding and impeding.

i had the opposite experience with DPS.

2 ppl i know were going to race.. and i was going to follow and watch.

we left our meet spot and cruised on the road for about 10-15 min NEVER going over 60mph trying to find a place for them to go.

we didn't see or pass another car in the whole trip. I was doing 60 in the far left lane, they pulled up on my right to run... right before they took off a cop came out of now where.. lit ME up and pulled ME over.

ticketed me for 82 in a 70 even though (1) i never raced.. (2) i never even broke the speed limit.. He Yelled at me and told me im lucky he didn't write me up for racing and doing over 100 because we pissed him off and he didn't care if i did or DIDNT speed because he would write me what ever ticket he wanted..

He didn't Radar/laser my speed.. and if he paced me he was lying too because from getting ON the road till being pulled over i not ONCE went over 60mph..

Dude that's complete bull shit I must say. I'd be pissed off.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #597
rriddle3

And for holders of a CHL, it gets suspended if you are charged with a Class B misdemeanor. It isn't worth it.
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #598
03MachMe

Originally Posted by rriddle3 View Post
And for holders of a CHL, it gets suspended if you are charged with a Class B misdemeanor. It isn't worth it.
Yep also can be charged with unlawful carry of a weapon if you have your gun on you and commit a class B or higher

386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 07-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #599
re-rx7
Banned

I have the x50 detector from passport. It's saved my ass alot.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #600
Oxford14Stang

Yep also can be charged with unlawful carry of a weapon if you have your gun on you and commit a class B or higher
True story. When my wifey and I took our CHL class they inform you of that information. Which is why my gun isn't in my car anymore lol. Even tho after last night trying to watch them run and keep up, I'm going to offer Steve a partnership in his "slowest 5.0" titled.