Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
Luke

Default DSS Driveshaft Vibration

Backstory: Driving down the freeway and slammed on the brakes due to traffic, while still slowing down just not as harshly, the car started to have a vibration. Vibration came and went and after 20 or so miles it actually got where driving wouldn't be possible. I had the wife ride the brake while I walked along outside and you could hear metal banging, driveshaft still looked ok from underneath when rolling. Putted the car to the house and put the stocker back in and all was well.

I sent the driveshaft (aluminum for an auto) back in and received info today that the CV was worn. DSS has since changed manufacturers for CV's is what I was told, and although they said this wasn't a common problem, apparently they had enough to change companies. He told me my driveshaft's build date used the old CV which were the problematic ones.

My car only had a handful of launches at the track on street tires and doesn't really get beat on too bad on the street, driveshaft had less than 3000 miles on it. Just wanted to give anyone out there with a DSS a heads up.

DSS was very helpful and handled the repair pretty quickly. Up until the vibration when it shit the bed within about 25 miles of starting, the driveshaft was great and smooth up to about 145. Haven't pushed the car any farther, YET.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote