Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-09-2014, 02:05 PM   #16
62nalide

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
Up until this post you haven't given any info other than final dyno #'s.....
it obviously means something to you, if not then why post it.
When the car was running/shifting so badly did the car go back to the initial tuner to look it over and make it right?
I'm simply asking for information.
Read post #5, then from there you will see and read what shop A did and final #s from PMP. It means that I do care what was fixed when Shop A had the car 2 months to install headers and injectors and tune. Shop A said they need about another month just to tune it. The initial tuner couldn't give us a straight answer for not being done right the 1st place.

Last edited by 62nalide; 09-09-2014 at 02:10 PM.
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:31 PM   #17
rlhay2

Who was Shop A?
Old 09-09-2014, 03:12 PM   #18
blownaltered
I have a small penis

This shop A and B shit is getting old. There are to many people posting in here to have any idea what the fuck any of you are talking about.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:21 PM   #19
62nalide

If the mods will let me post it I will. Been warned before since they sponsor on here
Old 09-09-2014, 03:46 PM   #20
Courtesy Flush

I'm assuming Shop A is Truestreet or HPP.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:21 PM   #21
62nalide

I'm assuming Shop A is Truestreet or HPP.
Awesome guess lol
Old 09-09-2014, 04:22 PM   #22
DirtyD

Shop A is Gearheads, Shop B is HPP in Bryan's case.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:30 PM   #23
Courtesy Flush

Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
Read post #5, then from there you will see and read what shop A did and final #s from PMP. It means that I do care what was fixed when Shop A had the car 2 months to install headers and injectors and tune. Shop A said they need about another month just to tune it. The initial tuner couldn't give us a straight answer for not being done right the 1st place.
I've read the thread. You seem to leave parts of the story out.

2011 with LTs, off road X-pipe CAI and a tune from shop A. Car was at shop A 2 months yes 2 moths for their tune
Shop A had the car 2 months to install headers and injectors and tune.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:38 PM   #24
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Shop A is Gearheads, Shop B is HPP in Bryan's case.
People still take their cars to Gearheads on purpose?
Old 09-09-2014, 04:39 PM   #25
62nalide

I've read the thread. You seem to leave parts of the story out.
What is it you would like to know? The car was at the shop 2 months to get headers and injectors done and to retune the car. They didn't tune it right, they said another month before they can tune it right
Old 09-09-2014, 09:24 PM   #26
rlhay2

We all make mistakes.
I took my car to Lone Star Performance once...a mistake I will never make again. I don't need to sully their poor reputation. I have voted with my wallet. 1000hp cars are not cheap. And not a penny was spent at LSP after that 1st visit.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:26 PM   #27
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by rlhay2 View Post
We all make mistakes.
I took my car to Lone Star Performance once...a mistake I will never make again. I don't need to sully their poor reputation. I have voted with my wallet. 1000hp cars are not cheap. And not a penny was spent at LSP after that 1st visit.
I know at one point lonestar was a good shop. They did all my work a decade ago. That is when Mike Wilson was tuning there. Now that was ten years ago. I have no idea who works there anymore or who even tunes there anymore. I can tell you all shops have had there ups and downs.

There isn't a shop that hasn't had bad things happen. I've been around this scene so long I got some stories, I just don't share them because usually there is no reason to go down that road.

The true fact is a shop can put out 50 cars with no issues and then one bad one will stick forever. Most customers the shops have don't post on these forums.

I know guys that leave one shop because they have gone through motors and it doesn't run right. Then they will go to different shop and at the same time that shop has a car going to the shop they left for the same reason. I actually find it entertaining most days.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:59 PM   #28
DirtyD

Speaking of Mike Wilson.....is that lying thieving tooner still tooning for True Street?
Old 09-09-2014, 11:06 PM   #29
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Speaking of Mike Wilson.....is that lying thieving tooner still tooning for True Street?
I've known Mike for over a decade and he has always been a stand up guy, not sure where this comment is coming from.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:24 PM   #30
DirtyD

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I've known Mike for over a decade and he has always been a stand up guy, not sure where this comment is coming from.
This just happened recently.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ermotive-tunes

More specifically Shaun's post regarding this situation:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...1#post14401092

2nd, I've been in DFW on Business since Early Tuesday, returned Late Thursday and have been working at the shop catching up with in-house tunes/customers. I've had virtually no time to deal with this situation that has popped up on the internet Drama Boards, aside from responding to a few emails here and there when I can find the time.

3rd, I recorded the phone calls for 1 reason only. To cover my ass in the event this went public. Public opinion in this matters and the best defense I could think of was to have the actual phone calls recorded. The Last thing I wanted to get into was a 'He said, She said' online argument.

4th, There is more than 1 AED based tune file out there from Mike Wilson. Here is a list of files I've sent to Mike since March, when we know he started tuning for Hypermotive. Of course I was told all of these were for in-person tunes, I can only assume based of other evidence (read below) at least some of these were used for HPM customers.
2012, 2013 Boss All-Motor files sent to Mike on 3/21
2013 Paxton Auto file: 3/21
2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 A6 All-Motor files: 4/2
2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 M6 All-Motor files: 4/2
2013 TVS and Whipple A6 files: 5/23
SCJ All Motor Value file: 6/4 *Note* this corresponds to this particular customer/thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...-AED-tuned-%29
Prior to March I sent Mike Hellion files, Paxton M6 files, Procharger files, Manguson file, and Ecoboost files.

I have all the above Emails saved to back this up.

5th, As some have stated I mark my tune files, all of them. One way is to chage the Strategy code in the Binary. I have a list of these that correspond to specific applications. For instance, some of my all motor M6 files will show an A6 strategy code.
There are other things in my files that are very distinct, and here are 2 that stand out to the customer and were evidence my work was used in more than 1 HPM tune:
1. Fuel economy increases of 2-4MPG. These changes are very specific via TiVCT and due to the (mild) complexity of the Coyote TiVCT system copy/pasting a single table does NOT work. A tuner must know the 4 tables that are used and how they interact, plus have done the R&D to determine the cam timing that yields the best fuel economy. I can not name more than a 1/2 a dozen tuners that can do this accurately on thier own, all of which I personally trained, Mike was not one of them.
Here is a link to show when I implemented this into AED's all-motor tunes: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...-tune-can-help
2. Refined, 'Linear' Throttle response. This is a very tricky one actually. Most tuners use Driver demand to modify throttle response, but given the complexity of the HDFX system modifying 1 table for all 13 Ford defined valve events (in the coyote) results in smoothing some areas during certain driving conditions and accentuating problems in other areas during orther driving conditions (jerky throttle when cold for instance) as Cam timing changes. As such, my files refine the Throttle under EACH valve event, thus refining the throttle response under all driving conditions. This is particularly important for Road Race applications.
Due to the complexity of forcing each valve event and modifying each set of tables it's highly unlikely anyone has done this aside from me. Especially since SCT Live Link can not data log the parameters necessary to properly dial in these tables. I used alternate logging software and spent 9 months figuring out what to modify, then 12 hours on the chassis dyno doing the actual calibration.

When I saw posts about Fuel economy increases and Refined/smooth throttle response from HPM tuned customers, I knew what files were being used, but I did not know who was doing HPM's tuning at the time. That triggered an exhaustive investigation that included 1/2 a dozen shops/tuners around the country, all of which have an invested interest as their work is in these tune files as well. I work with some of the best in the industry and we coordinate on not only tuning, but pricing as well so as not to be in competition with each other.
We ordered Hypermotive tunes. Not all tunes that came thru were AED based, some were based on Bama tunes from what we could tell (another clue on who the HPM tuner was). To be clear we have many AED based HPM tunes, and I'm sure there are many more out there I do not know about, it's not just the SCJ file as claimed. (I let Mike slide on that in the phone convesations.)
It took us 6 weeks to accumulate the necessary evidence to callout Mike on being the HPM tuner, but I still needed HARD evidence, and that came from his confession.

6th I did NOT want all of this posted ot the public message boards. ShaunC and Nosympathy can attest to that as I specifically asked them many times via email to keep it quiet as I stand just as much to lose (if not more) as HPM and Mike does.
Fact is Many HPM tunes have my work in them, we have all the evidence to prove this.
Per the Phone conversation Mike had the tune price raised to $250, I did not ask him to no longer use my work, that was his decision. All I asked for was the price be raised so as not to undercut me with my own work.
Mike stopped using my work as of 8/6 and the posts on the internet confirm this as customers have reported drivability issues, knock sensors values changed so knock can not be logged (like Bama), etc. It is CLEAR those tunes are NOT AED based.
However, once the pricing dropped to $200 it was also clear Mike was not a man of his word. Since I have caught him in multiple lies I can not trust what he says. The price drop to $200 was just another sign of what was coming.
With the resent rash of unsatisfied HPM customers going to Me, Lund, and many other tuners it was simply a matter of time before Mike started using my tune files again. If you listen carefully to the phone call Mike told me he deleted all the emails from me. He did NOT say he delete the actual tune files, and even if he did what about the customers that are already tuned with AED files? Do you think he deleted all of those customer's files? I do NOT.

That would mean using AED's work and selling the tunes for $200, once again undercutting me with my own work. This is what I was expecting within a few weeks at most.
My goal for 'leaking' the information to ShaunC was to try and stem the tide of losing business to HPM by slowly and quietly informing those looking for HPM tunes of what was really going on. Yes, I offered a discounted rate to HPM tuned customers *IF* they kept all of this quiet and off the boards.

These are MY mistakes, and for that Mike Wilson I do appologize. Jason, I applogize for this as well. Honest and truely, I did NOT want this dirty laundry going public like this.