Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:25 PM   #61
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
It was just a joke. No sensitivity about it. I was trying to have some fun. That is all. You know the old man Cadillac jokes will start coming out. I was just trying to get one while I could.
Oh no he is old that is why he bought the Caddy. I think when you hit 40 its a mandatory buy. That and old man pants with suspenders.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #62
DirtyD

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Your missing the point a car is only as fast as the driver. It really has nothing to do with the car. I've seen 1300 hp cars go slower than a 700hp car in the 1/4. If the driver can't get it down the track then yes the car was slower. Power doesn't mean everything in a race.
Yeah, that means that the driver sucks. Doesn't mean the car sucks. A car CAN BE slower than another car, but that doesn't mean it definitely is. You guys use words in way too loose of a termonology. But I know that you know exactly how you are using them

Isn't the whole argument of "a driver mod" the point of saying that guys sucks at driving? Does a baseball player blame his bat when he can't hit a ball? No. That's the exact some argument here. A car can't be held accountable for the short coming of the person operating it, so therefore the car isn't slower because the driver can't drive. It just means that the driver sucks. Nothing is wrong with the car.

Last edited by DirtyD; 03-14-2014 at 12:32 PM.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #63
DirtyD

Oh no he is old that is why he bought the Caddy. I think when you hit 40 its a mandatory buy. That and old man pants with suspenders.
Then where is your Caddy?
Old 03-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #64
Dominic Toretto

Steve and Derek go sit in the corner. You're both in timeout

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #65
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post

-Alex
Hey, I'm having fun here. I'm just trying to get them to finally see that even with their stupid trolling arguments, they are stupid arguments.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:34 PM   #66
DirtyD

Your missing the point a car is only as fast as the driver. It really has nothing to do with the car. I've seen 1300 hp cars go slower than a 700hp car in the 1/4. If the driver can't get it down the track then yes the car was slower. Power doesn't mean everything in a race.
Let me highlight that. Was =/= is.

Steve's cars have been faster than mine. I won't deny that. And until I get more practice driving the 1/4, those cars will probably continue to go than mine.

Last edited by DirtyD; 03-14-2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #67
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Yeah, that means that the driver sucks. Doesn't mean the car sucks. A car CAN BE slower than another car, but that doesn't mean it definitely is. You guys use words in way too loose of a termonology. But I know that you know exactly how you are using them

Isn't the whole argument of "a driver mod" the point of saying that guys sucks at driving? Does a baseball player blame his bat when he can't hit a ball? No. That's the exact some argument here. A car can't be held accountable for the short coming of the person operating it, so therefore the car isn't slower because the driver can't drive. It just means that the driver sucks. Nothing is wrong with the car.
How do we know the car is faster, its never been faster. I know its the drivers fault but until the car does it we don't know if its faster.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:39 PM   #68
DirtyD

How do we know the car is faster, its never been faster. I know its the drivers fault but until the car does it we don't know if its faster.
Read the post above.

What you said there at the end is completely correct. But it's both sides of the argument. Just because it hasn't been faster doesn't mean it ISN'T faster. It just has never been faster. Doesn't mean it won't at some point in time.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:42 PM   #69
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I'm sure John Force could run a better time with his car as well but I don't see that happening. If you can't get your car down the track or road faster than the next guy your car is slower. It doesn't matter if its your fault because you have the driving skills of a 16 year old Asian girl. It still lost so its still slower.
LMAO!!

No, it's safe to say I am slower.

If I drove your car, and I ran a slower ET and MPH than I did in my car, would that now mean that your car is slower than mine??

It was just a joke. No sensitivity about it. I was trying to have some fun. That is all. You know the old man Cadillac jokes will start coming out. I was just trying to get one while I could.
I was making them before anyone. I've been looking for a reason to start my midlife crisis! lol

Exactly.

Now that your car is making more power, you need to run Grandpa.

Then where is your Caddy?
He isn't going that direction with his midlife. He is going Vette. Not only is he old, but impotent too!

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post

-Alex
I can put you in time out if you like...

Get outta here with that logic stuff mister!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:42 PM   #70
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Read the post above.

What you said there at the end is completely correct. But it's both sides of the argument. Just because it hasn't been faster doesn't mean it ISN'T faster. It just has never been faster. Doesn't mean it won't at some point in time.

:r ofl:
Old 03-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #71
DirtyD

This example might cause a shit storm, but oh well.

I believe God exists. However, I cannot directly prove that he does.

Athiests do not believe God exists. However, they cannot directly prove that he doesn't.

So until either side is proven wrong, an argument against either statement is invalid.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #72
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
:r ofl:
Letting your gay side come out there?
Old 03-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #73
DirtyD

Keep it coming, I'm having fun. I know you are doing this for fun, and I'm not getting riled up about it. I'm just trying to show you that this argument isn't even a valid argument to troll with because it doesn't make sense.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #74
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Well, you took the fun right out of this conversation. I'm not going there with the religious stuff. As far as racing goes, you can continue on believing your delusional thought process because not only is it crazy, it's hilarious.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:50 PM   #75
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Well, you took the fun right out of this conversation. I'm not going there with the religious stuff. As far as racing goes, you can continue on believing your delusional thought process because not only is it crazy, it's hilarious.
I told you I knew it would cause something. I wasn't trying to take it there with religion. I was just using that as an example statement.

I don't believe I (the driver) am faster than you behind the wheel. Doesn't mean I can't ever, or won't be ever be. Do you get that much? that's all I was trying to say this whole time. Right now, yes I drive much slower. But who knows how I will be when I'm 40 too?