Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Member's Rides

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
maxpayne

Default Maxpayne's 5.0 aka "Vivian"

I thought I would start a build thread to track the evolution of my 2014 Mustang GT. My goal is only to have a quick, affordable, good looking, reliable, and fun-to-drive pseudo sports car. Not interested in having a 600+HP race car or being fast down the quarter or track.

My vision for Vivian is two staged. The first stage will take place over the next two years: No engine mods - only axleback exhaust with suspension and appearance mods. The next stage will be to put a Roush TVS supercharger on my 5.0 and full exhaust, hoping to put down around 500 HP. I just want a "set it and forget it" weekend warrior that is very reliable. On to the build...

Purchased Vivian on August 30, 2013.

Added GT500 ABS

Brembo Wheels/Tires

California Special Wheels/Tires

Painted Calipers Black

SVE Drifts 18 by 10 with 285/40/18 Nittos

How it sits now - (also have Strut Tower Brace)

To install:

Last edited by maxpayne; 11-30-2013 at 11:35 PM.
maxpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
El_Tortuga

Originally Posted by maxpayne View Post
I thought I would start a build thread to track the evolution of my 2014 Mustang GT. My goal is only to have a quick, affordable, good looking, reliable, and fun-to-drive pseudo sports car. Not interested in having a 600+HP race car or being fast down the quarter or track.

My vision for Vivian is two staged. The first stage will take place over the next two years: No engine mods - only axleback exhaust with suspension and appearance mods. The next stage will be to put a Roush TVS supercharger on my 5.0 and full exhaust, hoping to put down around 500 HP. I just want a "set it and forget it" weekend warrior that is very reliable. On to the build...
Attaboy. I think that having a vision/plan is a key. Certainly more likely to end up with a combination that all works together. Doesn't mean you can't alter along the way, but every choice is a compromise. No free lunches!!!

You might think about painting the rotor centers black too. Cheap, and I love how mine turned out.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
maxpayne

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
Attaboy. I think that having a vision/plan is a key. Certainly more likely to end up with a combination that all works together. Doesn't mean you can't alter along the way, but every choice is a compromise. No free lunches!!!

You might think about painting the rotor centers black too. Cheap, and I love how mine turned out.
Thanks! And, I definitely heard that.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
maxpayne

Sold my SR Lowering Springs from AM and picked up a set of Steeda Sport Springs from AM on a black friday deal.

Also, I have a pair of Eibach camber bolts that I picked up from JDBiship.

Just need a pair of GT500 Strut Mounts and a panhard bar and then I will lower it.

Last edited by maxpayne; 01-04-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:03 PM   #5
maxpayne

Sold my GT500 ABs, and picked a new set of Roush Axle Backs from LMR.

Also, sent the Steeda Springs back. Still undecided on how low to go. Ugh.

Last edited by maxpayne; 01-04-2014 at 03:38 PM.