Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
Pewter Lurch

Default Was rear ended! :(

Last Friday (7-11-14) I was heading to get dinner and I was rear ended/side swiped. Guy thought I already moved so he decided to drive off and nailed the drivers rear corner of the GT. Damage wasn't that major but it still hurt. His insurance took full liability for the accident. Pictures will be below. Damaged the exhaust, rear bumper, diffuser, wiring, tail light and trunk lid. Well I decided to upgrade the whole rear end to the 13-14 gt500 rear end with quad exhaust and the upgraded tail lights. Also going to have my gt500 spoiler painted at the same time. Now onto the pictures...
10441441_10152554443671940_531795894254609507_n.jpg

20140711_211016.jpg

20140711_211023.jpg

20140712_194437.jpg

20140711_223020.jpg

2011 Mustang GT Premium
The Go Fast:
Magnaflow 3" OA | Pypes X-Pipe | Steeda CAI | VMP Tune | BBK Cat Deletes | SVT GT500 quad mufflers |

The Ride & Look Good:
Ford K Springs | BMR Adj. LCAs | BMR Relo. Brackets | BMR Adj. PHB | GT500 Spoiler | Boss Rear | Retrofit Headlights | GT/CS facia | Boss splitter | Retro billet grille | Steeda X Brace | Enkie RPF1 18x8/18x9.5 | '14 tail lights | '14 GT500 quad bumber |

Collecting Dust:
|Go Fast Parts(SHHHH no one knows)|
Pewter Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:49 PM   #2
Lucky13

Man that sucks....but you get to change it up. Silver linings....

Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:11 PM   #3
Pewter Lurch

Yes it does suck and now the vehicle has lost value since it now has an accident on the vin. At this point yes it is awesome being able to 13 gt500 swap it now.

2011 Mustang GT Premium
The Go Fast:
Magnaflow 3" OA | Pypes X-Pipe | Steeda CAI | VMP Tune | BBK Cat Deletes | SVT GT500 quad mufflers |

The Ride & Look Good:
Ford K Springs | BMR Adj. LCAs | BMR Relo. Brackets | BMR Adj. PHB | GT500 Spoiler | Boss Rear | Retrofit Headlights | GT/CS facia | Boss splitter | Retro billet grille | Steeda X Brace | Enkie RPF1 18x8/18x9.5 | '14 tail lights | '14 GT500 quad bumber |

Collecting Dust:
Old 07-16-2014, 09:37 PM   #4
Lucky13

Since there's an accident on the VIN, you'll just have to keep it forever and just make it faster and faster.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:31 AM   #5
NAVAG

Last Thursday I was sitting at a red light over by Town East in Mesquite on my way to Guitar Center and a white truck came to a skidding halt behind me just inches from my rear bumper. My son learned a new assortment of curse words. Ruined my day. I just wanted to go home, wash my car and leave it in the garage for the rest of the weekend.

...and that guy didn't even run into me.
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:19 AM   #6
DirtyD

Grant, you can file for diminished value with the insurance company. Obviously this is going to be a costly repair bill, and you have the right to recoup some of the money from the car losing value.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:44 AM   #7
Lucky13

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Grant, you can file for diminished value with the insurance company. Obviously this is going to be a costly repair bill, and you have the right to recoup some of the money from the car losing value.
Do your homework before presenting a DV claim. First, get it repaired by a reputable shop. Second, go to 3 or even 4 Ford dealerships and get numbers for clean trade and numbers for trades with an accident like yours. See a sales manager. While you are there, ask each manager how it will affect the retail price if they were selling with a prior accident. Third, take this info and make a claim for the $ amount you think is fair, maybe a little high to leave negotiation room. Present this to the other insurance carrier rep.

I will tell you that most carriers will not pay DV on a car until it is sold and DV can be calculated with an actual number.

It IS worth a try though. Good luck!

Old 07-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #8
Courtesy Flush

Diminished Value Claim is an option, but don't get your hopes up. Just because you file doesn't mean the others guys insurance will pay and if approved it wont be what you're expecting. I've been down this road before and there's a few things you should know. You will need appraisal of your car before the wreck & after the repairs are done, before any consideration of money is given. Pre-accident private party value will work as well IE NADA, KBB.
A GT500 rear sounds great, but may not be worth as much to a dealer or PP vs just repairing to what it was pre-accident.
If you go this route keep us posted as id be interested to see how it plays out.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #9
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
Do your homework before presenting a DV claim. First, get it repaired by a reputable shop. Second, go to 3 or even 4 Ford dealerships and get numbers for clean trade and numbers for trades with an accident like yours. See a sales manager. While you are there, ask each manager how it will affect the retail price if they were selling with a prior accident. Third, take this info and make a claim for the $ amount you think is fair, maybe a little high to leave negotiation room. Present this to the other insurance carrier rep.

I will tell you that most carriers will not pay DV on a car until it is sold and DV can be calculated with an actual number.

It IS worth a try though. Good luck!
Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
Diminished Value Claim is an option, but don't get your hopes up. Just because you file doesn't mean the others guys insurance will pay and if approved it wont be what you're expecting. I've been down this road before and there's a few things you should know. You will need appraisal of your car before the wreck & after the repairs are done, before any consideration of money is given. Pre-accident private party value will work as well IE NADA, KBB.
A GT500 rear sounds great, but may not be worth as much to a dealer or PP vs just repairing to what it was pre-accident.
If you go this route keep us posted as id be interested to see how it plays out.
A previous member filed a DV claim after he was rearended back in late 2012. He ended up winning, settling for a certain dollar amount. He never sold the car, and it may have been because the damage to the car was so substantial, it was constituted. He has like $13-$14k in repairs, on a car he still owed over 20k for.

I was just offering this as an option, not telling him to do it without a doubt. Of course you have to do your homework as stated.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #10
Lucky13

Luckily this isn't that bad. When I was an adjuster, I hated seeing people's beautiful cars all bashed up. Just sucks. Especially for car guys.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:20 PM   #11
Pewter Lurch

Major update on the car. Everything is in and is painted. Oh and is on the car! Will be picking up my gt500 quad tips tomorrow. The spoiler is in paint now. Car should be done tomorrow if not thursday! Heres a teaser will my comp catback single tips.
received_m_mid_1406060913618_61ccad958ff44e9c08_0.jpg

2011 Mustang GT Premium
The Go Fast:

The Ride & Look Good:

Collecting Dust:
Old 07-24-2014, 01:52 PM   #12
virtu

You are definitely entitled to diminished value. I have collected thousands of dollars in DV claims from two previous accidents. If you need any guidance, let me know. It can be a painstaking process but in the end is totally worth it when you get a fat check written out to your name.
virtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:42 PM   #13
Reaper

Enjoy the exhaust man.
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote