Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Pics & Video

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:35 PM   #16
JDBishopArts

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
I should have let him keep fighting the swaybar when he was trying to set camber, but I would have felt bad for not helping an aggie, or any other dumb animals.
Dude, after the week I had last week I'm just glad I remembered to put back on the lug nuts. haha Thanks for your ASSistance.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:52 PM   #17
El_Tortuga

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
Dude, after the week I had last week I'm just glad I remembered to put back on the lug nuts. haha Thanks for your ASSistance.
Well we just met, but I can see by your capitalization that you are a quick and astute judge of character.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:08 PM   #18
JDBishopArts

Hopefully it was oozing of sarcasm. Had a good time meeting the new people out there. Your car ran good.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:51 PM   #19
El_Tortuga

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
Hopefully it was oozing of sarcasm. Had a good time meeting the new people out there. Your car ran good.

OK, maybe not asshole, but I definitely have a smartass streak. I'm pretty much unable to communicate except in random counterpunches when I feel its funny.

I enjoy the autocross scene. Most everybody is more than happy to help, share good ideas (and bad ones too), and mostly just share a passion for cars and driving. I know we saw about 30 Miatas saturday but you see an eclectic group of cars. E.g. at the last event I went to had a V-8 MG c/w flame paint job. Kind of a handful, but the guy was having a blast wheeling his ride.

Most of us are a work in progress. The stopwatch doesn't lie. I'd like to puff up and talk about how I beat a SC Viper at this event and a 427 cobra at the last, but I'd also have to admit that I got pounded by a 60s Mini AND a damn Nissan Sentra so none of that happend. LOL.

Here's my "best" run in the AM (somebody left his GoPro on and ran down its battery):
http://youtu.be/-qUBKlEXGWo
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.

Last edited by El_Tortuga; 01-28-2014 at 03:55 PM.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:00 PM   #20
donutninja

60's mini on ATV tires.

I loved the nonchalant atmosphere of the whole event. Whoever were taking turns behind the speakers kept me pretty entertained when I was working the course.
donutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:07 PM   #21
03MachMe

I agree was a very fun event. Can't wait to do more of the NTAXS events. I heard the tires for the old school Mini were like $13 each. I would do burnouts everywhere if my tires were that cheap lol

Here are the videos of my best clean run in the AM

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq

Last edited by 03MachMe; 01-28-2014 at 06:12 PM.
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:41 PM   #22
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Apparently it was the last event ever there at that track and it was sold today. Explains why they didn't turn on the bathroom water for us. lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:45 PM   #23
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Apparently it was the last event ever there at that track and it was sold today. Explains why they didn't turn on the bathroom water for us. lol
Yeah, on Facebook it was going around the new owners gave the current management until Friday to vacate. The fact they didn't turn on the water was bullshit, in my personal opinion.

Heresay is that DR was the last piece of land on that side of 175 the new owners had yet to buy, and they owned the rest of the surrounding land.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:37 PM   #24
DirtyD

Finally got my videos of my 4 morning runs uploaded.

Run 4 of the AM was also my best run for the counterclockwise course layout. Came in with a 65.480.

NTAXS Winter AutoX 1/25/14 - AM Run 4 - Derek Ogburn - YouTube

NTAXS Winter AutoX 1/25/14 - AM Run 3 - Derek Ogburn - YouTube

NTAXS Winter AutoX 1/25/14 - AM Run 2 - Derek Ogburn - YouTube

NTAXS Winter AutoX 1/25/14 - AM Run 1 - Derek Ogburn - YouTube
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote