Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #46
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

One of my last tanks, I got 315 miles out of it.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #47
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Dark Pony View Post
One of my last tanks, I got 315 miles out of it.
That long commute on the highway must be nice. And that's even with E85. Damn.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #48
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
That long commute on the highway must be nice. And that's even with E85. Damn.
It was mixed driving. I've been running on my 93 tune for a while now.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #49
Joey289

I drive it fairly easy. It has 10k miles on it. MPG average since new is 23.5 (hand calc) with highest tank being 25.7 and lowest being 20.4. I have made 3-1/8 mile passes on street tires. I have done a few red light runs where I shifter at 7k through 3rd gear then let off. Have had it to 140 on the highway twice. Other than that I shift at 2k rpm and keep the rpms betweeon 1k-2k 90% of the time.
Joey289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #50
Joey289

I typically average 250-270 before I fill up.
I get 350-370 per tank. My commute to work is 70 miles a day (350 a week) and I only fill up once a week.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #51
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Dark Pony View Post
It was mixed driving. I've been running on my 93 tune for a while now.
That makes me feel better. lol

Originally Posted by Joey289 View Post
I get 350-370 per tank. My commute to work is 70 miles a day (350 a week) and I only fill up once a week.
Wow, that's a long commute. What speed are you typically running on the highway?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #52
Rebelracer568

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
Lol, I hear you on that but I get roughly 220-250 per tank but I do A LOT of city driving.

I can say this guy is full of sh*t lol. Nah, his comment is dead on. Tho he failed to mention no donuts, only burn outs at the track, only read lines when he is racing and fairly seldom does any pulls. He drives the car like I drove my 99' ranger
Haha yea im more reserved dont see a reason to dog my car. You on other hand always reaming out your car lol
Rebelracer568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #53
Joey289

That makes me feel better. lol

Wow, that's a long commute. What speed are you typically running on the highway?
65-70 when traffic allows. Any slower or faster gives big drop in MPG. Also, I am never in a rush to get to work lol.

3.55 ls, Borla S-Type Cat Back, AM upper & Lower Black Bill Grilles, CS style fog lights, K&N drop in, Barton Shifter Bracket, dark tint

Near Future plans: Steeda Sport springs, Wheels, Ford Racing Diff cover
Old 07-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #54
Selcouth

I granny shift every drive, but at least once a month I'll get on it during a cruise. Other than that I just enjoy driving even if its going the speed limit.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #55
Slow Five-O

Once a month?

I'm questioning why some of you own Mustangs
Old 07-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #56
RedRedemption

I try to keep it under 2k rpm when in the city, which is like always. Rarely on the highway and I get about 19-20 in the city with 3.73s. I push it sometimes when I have few miles to E.
RedRedemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #57
kn7671

Originally Posted by Slow Five-O View Post
Once a month?

I'm questioning why some of you own Mustangs
That's the thing about a Mustang, you get owners and drivers of all types that use there car in various ways. This is one of the primary reasons why its the only true remaining Pony car.

Name another car that has space for 4, decent trunk space, good visibility, tons of performance parts, factory options, good price, good resale, desire from all age groups, that is near top or top in all performance categories for the price, etc...

Who are we to judge if someone wants to buy a $30k+ car and park it most of the time, they have a car they enjoy owning and driving, and that's all that matters. On the other hand, if you want to buy a $30k+ car and drive it hard or beat the crap out of it, nobody should be judging others for that either.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #58
Slow Five-O

Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
That's the thing about a Mustang, you get owners and drivers of all types that use there car in various ways. This is one of the primary reasons why its the only true remaining Pony car.

Name another car that has space for 4, decent trunk space, good visibility, tons of performance parts, factory options, good price, good resale, desire from all age groups, that is near top or top in all performance categories for the price, etc...

Who are we to judge if someone wants to buy a $30k+ car and park it most of the time, they have a car they enjoy owning and driving, and that's all that matters. On the other hand, if you want to buy a $30k+ car and drive it hard or beat the crap out of it, nobody should be judging others for that either.
Just kidding/poking.

I do give my stepmom a hard time sometimes though. Has an 01 GT she's owned since new and it has 35k miles on it. And it was her daily fit the first bit of that.

Last edited by Slow Five-O; 07-09-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Slow Five-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #59
KnightRider5.0

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I'm curious, but how hard do you drive your car?

Do you just run it when the opportunity comes along, or do you beat the snot out of it every chance you get?

Burnouts?
Donuts?
Drifting it around corners?
Powershifting?
Redline it every time you drive it?

I'm guessing I'm probably the most tame here on the board. I've only done three mild burnouts/passes the one night we went to the track.

I rarely drive it hard at all. It's not unusual at all to go for a drive and not even get close to redline. I've had a few races, but it's not the norm.

No drifting/sliding. I'd be pissed at myself if I lost it and curb checked a wheel!

Donuts - I think I've only attempted it once and it was miserable attempt. So I don't think I even know how to do it right. Haha.
Hehe, well I've got $2,500 into my car so usually as long as no ones around I take off smoke threw second and let out. Getting on the highway WOT 3rd gear till redline and shift. But other then that I just relax. Unless some dumb sack cuts me off then the shit hits the fan but eh.
KnightRider5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:01 AM   #60
STROKD
Old School

I drive all my cars hard... was topped out for about 5 miles yesterday on way to work racing a Mini Cooper in my CC.

I dont drift (on purpose), and I dont powershift. Overall I drive aggressive without tearing up the drivetrain. Ive learned over the years how to drive fast being smooth and not break shit (as long as it isn't weak).