4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #78
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
283 0% at 60
250 1.9 at 72

leaning towards the zero interest but calling insurance today
Definitely not bad at all. Only thing I'e be reluctant on is having 2 car payments both that long of a term.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #79
Midnight11
El Presidente

gotta do what i gotta do. its that or get rid of the mustang which i dont wanna do

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Old 10-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #80
maxpayne

gotta do what i gotta do. its that or get rid of the mustang which i dont wanna do
No, definitely do not get rid of your 5.0. lol

Why can't you daily your stang?
Old 10-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #81
DirtyD

I know. If I had a little more dispossable income at the moment, I definitely have a Ranger parked outside my apartment.

Originally Posted by maxpayne View Post

The distance he drives kills his wallet on fuel costs. He drives from Frisco to I20/Wheatland Rd almost every day.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #82
Midnight11
El Presidente

Originally Posted by maxpayne View Post

80 + miles to work a day

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Old 10-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #83
Grandpa
I> /\/\

LOL @ you two giving me shit for not driving my car as much as you guys do but yet both want another car to drive.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #84
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
LOL @ you two giving me shit for not driving my car as much as you guys do but yet both want another car to drive.
I want a truck for other purposes than strictly having another vehicle to drive. Hauling a dog in a car like this isn't exactly ideal, although I do it, and so does Ryan. But having a truck allows for much easier things to be done, not to mention to take out and have som fun with offroad, which the car definitely can't do.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #85
maxpayne

Wow. Damn. Completely understandable. I feel lucky now having to only drive 12 miles roundtrip Monday through Friday. But, my next mod for my 5.0 will be a cheap and used daily car. Like yall, I hate puting miles on my car.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #86
DirtyD

I drive 12-15 miles one way to work, depending on how traffic is that determines which route I take. Doesn't count any other driving outside of my commute.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #87
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I want a truck for other purposes than strictly having another vehicle to drive. Hauling a dog in a car like this isn't exactly ideal, although I do it, and so does Ryan. But having a truck allows for much easier things to be done, not to mention to take out and have som fun with offroad, which the car definitely can't do.
LOL! Tell me about it. A truck is a MUST have in my opinion. I have two kids with all their stuff (bags/strollers etc) , a wife who shops and a dog. If it wasn't for the truck, our dog would definitely never go anywhere because its not allowed in either of the Stangs. All of that nasty dog hair and smell is not allowed in the Stangs, that's just nasty! All of my gear for training/lesson appointments. On family weekend trips we easily fill up our Explorer (its a 4x4) with all of our bags, suitscases and the kids stuff. Been thinking about getting a Eco-Boost Explorer but considering stepping up to a bigger truck like a Expedition or Suburban/Yukon XL for the more room.

I learned long ago that you shouldn't race your daily driver. It's just too much hassle and stress if you break it or put too much wear and tear on it being your sole source of transportation. If you can't afford a second car, chances are you can't afford your racing habit.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #88
DirtyD

LOL! Tell me about it. A truck is a MUST have in my opinion. I have two kids with all their stuff (bags/strollers etc) , a wife who shops and a dog. If it wasn't for the truck, our dog would definitely never go anywhere because its not allowed in either of the Stangs. All of that nasty dog hair and smell is not allowed in the Stangs, that's just nasty! All of my gear for training/lesson appointments. On family weekend trips we easily fill up our Explorer (its a 4x4) with all of our bags, suitscases and the kids stuff. Been thinking about getting a Eco-Boost Explorer but considering stepping up to a bigger truck like a Expedition or Suburban/Yukon XL for the more room.
There are days where I really miss having my truck. I had originally planned to keep it and the Mustang, but it didn't pan out that way. I typically am able to keep Tucker's hair under control in the car, but when the windows are down, which he loves, all bets are off. Haha

I highly recommend that you wait until the next gen F-150/Expy are announced next year. You will kick yourself now if you get a 5.4 3V Expy. My mom got one. It's great SUV, but if it didn't have the 3.73s that come with the tow package, it would be an absolute dog to drive with the standard 3.31s. Other than that, great car. Don't miss our old E-150 custom at all.

I learned long ago that you shouldn't race your daily driver. It's just too much hassle and stress if you break it or put too much wear and tear on it being your sole source of transportation. If you can't afford a second car, chances are you can't afford your racing habit.
This is exactly why I've been reluctant to go out to any track days. After seeing Don wreck his car, I really just can't risk that, as much as I would LOVE to go out every weekend and enjoy some 1/4 mile passes.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #89
re-rx7
Banned

283 0% at 60
250 1.9 at 72

leaning towards the zero interest but calling insurance today
Why not buy something used and cheaper? I had a 96 accord and put tons of miles on it and never had a problem.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #90
DirtyD

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Why not buy something used and cheaper? I had a 96 accord and put tons of miles on it and never had a problem.
Reliability. Even a bullet proof used car can have issues.