Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Other Makes and Models

Other Makes and Models Section for people who don't have 5.0s but still have badass cars. DFW 5.0s Welcomes everyone

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
Dominic Toretto

Default 2015 bmw m3/4

www.speedhunters.com

For a couple of years now, BMW enthusiasts around the world have been eagerly anticipating the debut of the next generation M3. Well the car is finally here and will soon be making its debut alongside an all-new M4 model. Essentially, they’re the same car in two different body styles – BMW designating what was the 3 Series coupe as the 4 Series, while leaving the sedan to carry on the 3 Series line.

No matter what you want to call them, the new M3 sedan and M4 coupe both carry on the M tradition while embracing the latest in performance tech. Gone is the naturally aspirated V8 found in the current M3, and in its place is a new 3.0-liter twin turbocharged inline six.

This follows the industry trend of moving to smaller engines with forced induction, and whether you choose the M3 or the M4 the new engine will produce 425 horsepower and 406 foot pounds of torque.

As for transmissions, both cars will be available with either a traditional six-speed manual gearbox with throttle blipping, or a seven-speed M double-clutch trans with launch control and other high tech goodies.

If you opt for the old school gearbox, BMW is claiming a 0-60mph time of 4.1 seconds, and if you choose the optional double-clutch you’ll get to 60 in just 3.9. The suspension has also been improved with lightweight aluminum construction throughout, and the chassis tuning was perfected at the Nürburgring with help of BMW’s DTM drivers. Additionally, both the sedan and the coupe feature trick bits like carbon fiber roofs and bodies designed to cut through the air as efficiently as possible.

Aside from the more powerful and more fuel efficient powertrains, BMW is also touting the decreased weight of the new M cars. The M4 coupe weighs close to 200lbs less than the old M3, and this marks the first time the car has lost weight in a new model transition.

Both models are scheduled to make their official debut next month at the Detroit Auto Show, with deliveries expected to begin next summer. Now that the wait is over, what are your thoughts on the new M3 and M4? Will you miss the naturally aspirated models of the past or do you welcome the turbo technology with open arms?

Cliffs Notes: 200lbs ligther, TT I6, manual or DCT... ummm, this car is going to be effing WIN. I've never been excited about a BMW, ever but, this car is going to be sick.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
Grandpa
I> /\/\

You left out a important piece of information...price. lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
You left out a important piece of information...price. lol
Ahh, I don't remember seeing that part from the link. They are Bimmers so I wouldn't expect them to be cheap lol. Has the price point been determined?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 12-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
03MachMe

Can't wait to see the next m vs GT where they are almost identical in all tests but the Mustang is half the price lol

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
STROKD
Old School

A M sport 428 was 51 k sticker at Classic a couple weeks ago when we were there for service... a M4 is going to be 75 to 90 k guaranteed. the old one was mid 70s and a pof compared to this new car...

If it was 60 k loaded Id be interested. What it will actually cost is zr territory
Old 01-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #6
Dominic Toretto

Is anyone really surprised that a BMW will be expensive? Have they ever been cheap?

-Alex

Old 01-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #7
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Is anyone really surprised that a BMW will be expensive? Have they ever been cheap?

-Alex
No, shit is just getting exponentially more expensive with paychecks staying just ahead of inflation... my dad said to live like I am in retirement, Ill need about 8 mil in the bank in 30 years. to me thats fucken obsurd because Im broke. With 8 mil now Id live fairly well off, not broke... gonna be a lot of people driving 75 k dollar Kias in 20 years and not much else. At a point the car manufacturers are going to have to lower prices or they wont sell but 100 cars a year.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:45 PM   #8
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
No, shit is just getting exponentially more expensive with paychecks staying just ahead of inflation... my dad said to live like I am in retirement, Ill need about 8 mil in the bank in 30 years. to me thats fucken obsurd because Im broke. With 8 mil now Id live fairly well off, not broke... gonna be a lot of people driving 75 k dollar Kias in 20 years and not much else. At a point the car manufacturers are going to have to lower prices or they wont sell but 100 cars a year.
Broke is more or less, how you spend the money you have. I bought my Corvette when I was 24 and people that I was rich when I had just started a new entry-level job. This isn't directed towards you but, I think most people don't understand how to live off the money they make. I've known people with six-figure incomes be broke.

This will be the first time in a few years where I haven't spent my tax return on mods. So I am taking my fiscal responsibility to a better level. Everything gets more expensive, especially as fuel prices increase. Thank God they have someone stabilized for the time being.

-Alex

Old 01-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #9
STROKD
Old School

Broke is more or less, how you spend the money you have. I bought my Corvette when I was 24 and people that I was rich when I had just started a new entry-level job. This isn't directed towards you but, I think most people don't understand how to live off the money they make. I've known people with six-figure incomes be broke.

This will be the first time in a few years where I haven't spent my tax return on mods. So I am taking my fiscal responsibility to a better level. Everything gets more expensive, especially as fuel prices increase. Thank God they have someone stabilized for the time being.

-Alex
I make less adjusted for inflation than I did in HS... so, maybe I just suck as a human being, but it isnt just one job. Its a trend that company's are paying less than they used to as shit gets much more expensive... I know how to manage money, if I didnt Id be like my wife and own nothing but some clothes, and she makes much more than I do.

Im just saying it is a trend from my point of view and many people I know... what did a GT cost 10 years ago? 25 k loaded? now they are in the mid 40s? BMWs 10 years ago were much more affordable as well... in 10 more years shits gonna be outrageous if things dont change soon.

If you are ballin out of control, thats great for you, but this is a Mustang site, not a ferrari site. I think more people feel what Im gettin at than making it rain at the Ford Dealers for a 80 k dollar Shelby. Lol
Old 01-01-2014, 07:14 PM   #10
Dominic Toretto

Oh I definitely was not trying to "cast the first stone" friend.

I'm one of those guys that had to have a reality check. I was at one time "ballin out of control" but, once I had a kid with the wrong woman and had to shift gears to pay for child support, I very QUICKLY learned how to spend smarter lol. Talk about a kick in the nuts. But I definitely learned from it and spend much wiser now.

-Alex

Old 01-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #11
STROKD
Old School

Oh I definitely was not trying to "cast the first stone" friend.

I'm one of those guys that had to have a reality check. I was at one time "ballin out of control" but, once I had a kid with the wrong woman and had to shift gears to pay for child support, I very QUICKLY learned how to spend smarter lol. Talk about a kick in the nuts. But I definitely learned from it and spend much wiser now.

-Alex
Pm sent before your reply, trying not to derail your thread into a national debate over our fucked economic times lol
Old 01-01-2014, 07:19 PM   #12
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Pm sent before your reply, trying not to derail your thread into a national debate over our fucked economic times lol

-Alex