Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Interior/Exterior

Interior/Exterior Post new mods or questions about the inside or outside of your mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-26-2014, 02:31 PM   #16
saunupe1911

Please no decal or stripes. Just leave her the way she is.... Clean.
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 05:58 PM   #17
Reaper

Originally Posted by NAVAG View Post
That's bad ass. My brother in law does wraps down in Bryan/CS and almost has me talked into wrapping my roof and hood in textured carbon fiber to hide the little rock chips. I'd almost rather do that than the stripes.
I'd take him up on that. As long as you get a family discount lol. It should help prevent anymore rock chips and those are the biggest spots the sun hits so you'd protect the paint.
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 05:58 PM   #18
NAVAG

A good day spent washing and polishing always seems to cure my itch to change the exterior. Just like my wheels...I have the black gt premium wheels and most days I don't like them. I can't explain what it is that I don't like and I spend a lot of time looking at different wheels on the internet and right when I get ready to buy some I'll wash my car and they look OK.
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:05 PM   #19
NAVAG

Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
I'd take him up on that. As long as you get a family discount lol. It should help prevent anymore rock chips and those are the biggest spots the sun hits so you'd protect the paint.
All it would cost me is the material and a case of coldies. I think he said it comes in 5 foot wide rolls and is something like 15 bucks a foot for the textured carbon fiber. Next time I'm down there I'll hit him up for some samples.
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
Old 09-26-2014, 06:06 PM   #20
Reaper

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
Please no decal or stripes. Just leave her the way she is.... Clean.
I've debated on this a lot but I think I'm going to like how it all comes out.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:08 PM   #21
Reaper

Originally Posted by NAVAG View Post
A good day spent washing and polishing always seems to cure my itch to change the exterior. Just like my wheels...I have the black gt premium wheels and most days I don't like them. I can't explain what it is that I don't like and I spend a lot of time looking at different wheels on the internet and right when I get ready to buy some I'll wash my car and they look OK.
There are like 3 sets of amr wheels and a set of rtr wheels all with nittos on them I think on CL right now if they bother u THAT bad lol
Old 09-26-2014, 06:16 PM   #22
NAVAG

Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
There are like 3 sets of amr wheels and a set of rtr wheels all with nittos on them I think on CL right now if they bother u THAT bad lol
They aren't that bad right now. Washed the car the other day. Lol. Thinking of wheel spacers in the back might help . I don't know why they bother me. I thought they were bad ass when I bought the car. It might be black wheels on a black car that just don't look right to me.
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
Old 09-26-2014, 09:19 PM   #23
PullingBrodies710

Looks great
PullingBrodies710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:22 AM   #24
Reaper

Sorry for dark pics. Didn't get the car back till late at night. Will have better pictures later. But this is the decal!

Recaros, JLT CAI, LP H-pipe, Corsa quad exhaust w/ GT500 valence, Lund tune, Eibach sportline springs, Koni yellows, BMR red panhard bar and LCAs, MGW shifter, RTR 19X9.5 wheels, Billet upper grill, Roush high flow lower grill, Cervini stalker spoiler, tint all around wrapped in matte black
Old 10-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #25
El_Tortuga

Looks pretty cool, but the chrome 5.0 back looks out of place to me. Black it out?
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:17 PM   #26
Reaper

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
Looks pretty cool, but the chrome 5.0 back looks out of place to me. Black it out?
Yeah I'm hoping it will look better out in the sun. I do have the chrome lug nuts and center caps along with the chrome on the decklid and exhaust. I can't decide maybe in the future.
Recaros, JLT CAI, LP H-pipe, Corsa quad exhaust w/ GT500 valence, Lund tune, Eibach sportline springs, Koni yellows, BMR red panhard bar and LCAs, MGW shifter, RTR 19X9.5 wheels, Billet upper grill, Roush high flow lower grill, Cervini stalker spoiler, tint all around wrapped in matte black
Old 10-04-2014, 04:34 PM   #27
rriddle3

A CJ decal, huh? That's a mighty big check your car just wrote. I hope it can cash it.
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:06 PM   #28
Kaane

Out of all the colors why black lol? You already had a black car. Why not be different?
Kaane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #29
Reaper

Originally Posted by rriddle3 View Post
A CJ decal, huh? That's a mighty big check your car just wrote. I hope it can cash it.
Not quite. We took a shelby snake and fitted it on and also moved it down to take up the whole side rocker. No other car has this decal. The closest I'm going to get to a CJ is the intake and cams I'm putting on in the future. Oh and there isn't "COBRA JET" on the sides...

Last edited by Reaper; 10-04-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:16 PM   #30
Reaper

Originally Posted by Kaane View Post
Out of all the colors why black lol? You already had a black car. Why not be different?
Well I picked black to begin with because I like it. Why change it? As you can see my chopper is matte black too lol. Im going to customize my vehicles to my taste, simple as that. Also the mirrors and hood vents worked perfectly with the matte. I'd like to think this car is different. I don't think I'll see another exactly the same.

Last edited by Reaper; 10-04-2014 at 07:22 PM.