The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:27 PM   #16
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Not for the families that lost loved one, it won't.
I understand what you are saying but it doesn't change the way our society works. The families will now spend years in court buried in paperwork and racking up legal bills only to be forced by the high powered lawyers of GM to settle. They will get a settlement and everyone will go on about their business as usual. Nothing will change from it. /shrug.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #17
Crimson600+HP

I am pretty sure GM posted more profit this month than they did the previous. I know for sure they did on trucks. Truth is, most Americans don't care...only the families of the deceased or injured do. It's a shame, but they're should be no statute of limitations to the people who made the decisions to ignore this.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:29 PM   #18
DirtyD

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Ok so 13 families will remember and the rest of the country will move on. It's the way it works, if it doesn't affect you personally you move on. Firestone is still in business and those tires killed a bunch of people.

You do have a point. I was just more or less correcting the "consumer" statement.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:45 AM   #19
rriddle3

I remember that my dad had a '61 Impala that you could take out the ignition key while it was running. Nothing would happen. Of course, that was before ignition and transmission interlocks.
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:47 AM   #20
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
I am pretty sure GM posted more profit this month than they did the previous. I know for sure they did on trucks. Truth is, most Americans don't care...only the families of the deceased or injured do. It's a shame, but they're should be no statute of limitations to the people who made the decisions to ignore this.
They posted more profit yea but truck sales are down compared to ford who is still on the old model of truck. To those saying firestone is still around..they are. They never fully recovered from the stigma of that series of tire failures. I know it still crosses my mind when I see a firestone store lol.

Gm needs to be worried about truck sales and that idiot CEO they have. Anyone find it interesting that she took the CEO position just before all this shit?
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:44 AM   #21
garner

*yawn* Recalls happen everyday, nothing to get worked up about. Just go to the local dealer and have it dealt with.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:46 AM   #22
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
They posted more profit yea but truck sales are down compared to ford who is still on the old model of truck.
http://jalopnik.com/gms-sales-were-a...oun-1556375931

I misinterpreted. On average, GM sales were up despite all the issues they are having right now. Consumer sales is where the big jump is. To me, this just proves that the consumer doesn't care.

Overall, GM just needs to look internal to someone who is relatively new to the company that is a bright star. Get rid of the old members who are responsible for this shit and seriously rebuild their corporate stucture. They need to get an identity fast that people can stand behind before they become the laughing stock of the domestic brands. They seem to get the performance cars (Corvette, Camaro, CTS, ATS, SS, etc) right, why can't they transfer that to the rest of the company?
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:22 AM   #23
maxpayne

Luckily for the families who lost loved ones, it won't cost them a dime out of their own pockets to litigate their respective case and, in these types of cases where liability is pretty much a slam dunk, it will be the families who force GM to settle.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #24
maxpayne

Giving this thread a bump. Thanks guys/gals.