Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-24-2014, 02:18 PM   #16
GreenGravity

Originally Posted by Soulowd View Post
Installed Whiteline Positive Shift Kit today and it is awesome! I took the stang out to an empty road and gave it 4 hard runs and it shifts waaayyy better. No more getting locked out of 4th just like shifting through butter on a hot day. And it was only 35$ @ Vorshlag. Took maybe 10-15 minutes to install.

I'm seeing several people mention increased NVH noise. Are you experiencing much?

Do you think your going to still see an improvement over the Barton two post bracket installed?
GreenGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:19 AM   #17
Soulowd

Originally Posted by GreenGravity View Post
I'm seeing several people mention increased NVH noise. Are you experiencing much?

Do you think your going to still see an improvement over the Barton two post bracket installed?
I'm really not getting any extra noise at all. As far as compared to barton I'm sure barton would be better over all but it works just fine for me and I race nearly every weekend. And we're talking 35$ compared to 300ish.

1993 Cobra Black
Bbk shorty's, x-pipe, Flowmasters, bbk TB, bbk Cai,
UD pullies
(240rwhp/280rwtq)
Soulowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:38 PM   #18
GreenGravity

Yeah true that I already installed the two post and am contemplating a short throw shifter or just getting this next.
Good to hear that your not experiencing more noise
GreenGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:18 PM   #19
KurvStr8nr

I picked up a little more of the exhaust note when I installed the Whiteline bushing, but don't notice it at all now. Definitely helped the stock shifter for "spirited" driving on the street. Haven't had the chance to take it to the track yet.

Coming soon: | MGW 2014 MT-82 Shifter |
KurvStr8nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:11 AM   #20
Rydawg1

I'm constantly being locked out when shifting over 6,500 rpm, I have the whiteline trans bushing already, stock clutch, fluid etc. I have no taken the shift spring out yet, but I still suffer from the clutch pedal sticking to the floor at high rpm shifts. I do have more vibration through the car since installing the trans bushing. I've purchased a steel braided clutch line from AM. It's theorized that the plastic hydraulic clutch line swells/flexes at high rpm causing the system to not have enough fluid to correctly engage/disengage the clutch to shift properly. I'm going to see BacaDiesel (Frank) tonight to get my line replaced and will let you guys know if it resolves my issue.

2013 SG 400A GT Premium w/Brembos, VMP TVS 2.3 stage 2, Fore return style fuel system, ID1000's, 20" Shelby CS70's, Eibach Pro System Suspension Kit, BMR K member, UCA, LCA, adj. Pan hard Bar, Shaftmaster Aluminum Driveshaft, McLeod RXT twin disc clutch, McLeod lightened steel flywheel, MBRP race exhaust with Lethal O/R H, JLT oil separator
Rydawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:54 AM   #21
JDMLOL

Let me know how the clutch line does. I may look into this. I have experienced grinding with the clutch pedal down to what I thought was the floor. Maybe this will fix the issue.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:06 PM   #22
Rydawg1

Problem resolved, went to Northstar on Friday night, (I'm a newb at the strip) but I ran a 7.785 @101.49 and had 0 shift lock outs. However, I still have the issue of the spring assist keeping the clutch pedal stuck to the floor. I'm removing that spring this week. Should be good to go after that!

2013 SG 400A GT Premium w/Brembos, VMP TVS 2.3 stage 2, Fore return style fuel system, ID1000's, 20" Shelby CS70's, Eibach Pro System Suspension Kit, BMR K member, UCA, LCA, adj. Pan hard Bar, Shaftmaster Aluminum Driveshaft, McLeod RXT twin disc clutch, McLeod lightened steel flywheel, MBRP race exhaust with Lethal O/R H, JLT oil separator
Rydawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:44 PM   #23
JDMLOL

Did you do the clutch line install?

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote