Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Sponsors and Vendors > BigWorm Graphix

BigWorm Graphix


Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.




Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
Dominic Toretto
Senior Member
 
Dominic Toretto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Irving / Oklahoma City
Age: 37
Posts: 1,896
Default GTCS Foglight Tint Quote

So far, no yellow tint is available(at least not specific) to the foglights for the 2011-2012 GTCS. Just wondering what the cost would be for this. Thanks.

-Alex
__________________
2012 GT Premium Hardtop with XX Transmission
Mods page: http://dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3376

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #2
bigwormgraphix
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor
 
bigwormgraphix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Fort Worth
Age: 49
Posts: 131
Default

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
So far, no yellow tint is available(at least not specific) to the foglights for the 2011-2012 GTCS. Just wondering what the cost would be for this. Thanks.

-Alex
Correct, due to the shape of the lens the tint won't lay down flat - it wrinkles up on the edges due to the curve of the lens. We have tested several different patterns/install techniques with no success.
__________________
www.bigwormgraphix.com
2015 GT - 2012 GT - 1993 GT
bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:11 PM   #3
my95z28
Member
 
my95z28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 31
Posts: 95
Default

Are you wanting just the light to be yellow when you turn them on or did you actually want the lens to be yellow?

If you just want the light to be yellow with a clear lens, some 3000K HIDS would do the trick.

If you're looking for the lens to be yellow, maybe try a good body shop? I learned with fbodys that the BEST way to tint tail lights is to have an actual painter do it. They mix some black and clear together and it forms a tint, looks awesome. Smooth as paint and much better than the usual nightshades hack job.
my95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:15 PM   #4
Craizie
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 53
Default

On a semi related note: Does anyone know the K of the factory 2014gt head lights? I'd like to match my fog lights as close to them as possible and am not sure on what HID kit I need.
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #5
DirtyD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,594
Default

Originally Posted by Craizie View Post
On a semi related note: Does anyone know the K of the factory 2014gt head lights? I'd like to match my fog lights as close to them as possible and am not sure on what HID kit I need.

Most factory HIDs are between 4300K and 4500K
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:19 AM   #6
bigwormgraphix
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor
 
bigwormgraphix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Fort Worth
Age: 49
Posts: 131
Default

We have yellow, green or optic blue tint available for all other fog lights - unfortunately the GT/CS style fog lights are the only ones that the material won't work on.
__________________
www.bigwormgraphix.com
2015 GT - 2012 GT - 1993 GT
bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:20 PM   #7
Dominic Toretto
Senior Member
 
Dominic Toretto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Irving / Oklahoma City
Age: 37
Posts: 1,896
Default

Originally Posted by bigwormgraphix View Post
Correct, due to the shape of the lens the tint won't lay down flat - it wrinkles up on the edges due to the curve of the lens. We have tested several different patterns/install techniques with no success.
Oh okay, thank you for the response. I figured as much but, figured I should check with the professionals.

Originally Posted by my95z28 View Post
Are you wanting just the light to be yellow when you turn them on or did you actually want the lens to be yellow?

If you just want the light to be yellow with a clear lens, some 3000K HIDS would do the trick.

If you're looking for the lens to be yellow, maybe try a good body shop? I learned with fbodys that the BEST way to tint tail lights is to have an actual painter do it. They mix some black and clear together and it forms a tint, looks awesome. Smooth as paint and much better than the usual nightshades hack job.
That was my next question, about actually tinting the lenses. Time to search around for the guy on here that has the body shop.

-Alex
__________________
2012 GT Premium Hardtop with XX Transmission
Mods page: http://dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3376

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:11 PM   #8
Dan12GT
Senior Member
 
Dan12GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Roanoke, Texas
Age: 35
Posts: 818
Default

Originally Posted by bigwormgraphix View Post
Correct, due to the shape of the lens the tint won't lay down flat - it wrinkles up on the edges due to the curve of the lens. We have tested several different patterns/install techniques with no success.
I am really surprised you guys can't use heat to form the tint to the curves of the fog lamp...
__________________

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:22 PM   #9
bigwormgraphix
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor
 
bigwormgraphix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Fort Worth
Age: 49
Posts: 131
Default

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
I am really surprised you guys can't use heat to form the tint to the curves of the fog lamp...
There is too much of a curve, sometimes we can get them to lay down but then they lift up a day or two later.
__________________
www.bigwormgraphix.com
2015 GT - 2012 GT - 1993 GT
bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:48 PM   #10
DirtyD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,594
Default

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
I am really surprised you guys can't use heat to form the tint to the curves of the fog lamp...
Try to wrap some vinyl around a golfball and see how it goes.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:29 PM   #11
Dan12GT
Senior Member
 
Dan12GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Roanoke, Texas
Age: 35
Posts: 818
Default

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Try to wrap some vinyl around a golfball and see how it goes.
The pits in a golf ball I think would present the biggest problems
__________________

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:44 PM   #12
DirtyD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,594
Default

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
The pits in a golf ball I think would present the biggest problems
I'm speaking in terms of change of diameter. it's a much tighter radius, and the vinyl is just too rigid.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump