Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #46
JDBishopArts

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
Yeah, my original plan was to go with TT kit that KenB is working on but that was a little out of my budget and I didn't want to wait much longer.
Yeah that's the only bad part about Turbos. Money and Maintenance. Which hopefully by the time I'm ready for that amount of power in this car I'll have plenty of $ to not care about either.

Steve, from some of the research I've done it seems like the paxton systems are making the best power for a centri. I'd still go bottle/tvs or whipple/turbo.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #47
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
Yeah that's the only bad part about Turbos. Money and Maintenance. Which hopefully by the time I'm ready for that amount of power in this car I'll have plenty of $ to not care about either.

Steve, from some of the research I've done it seems like the paxton systems are making the best power for a centri. I'd still go bottle/tvs or whipple/turbo.
Paxton's certainly have the most potential for growth later down the road if a built motor, full fuel system etc. are in order.

As we discussed before, after that last car, I know exactly what I want right now and what will work best for me. The last thing I want right now is an insane high horsepower with race car like problems.

Simple blower bolt on power will be more than enough to have fun with cruising around with little bursts here and there and be dependable. 600rw will be alot fun to cruise around. lol.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #48
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Paxton's certainly have the most potential for growth later down the road if a built motor, full fuel system etc. are in order.

As we discussed before, after that last car, I know exactly what I want right now and what will work best for me. The last thing I want right now is an insane high horsepower with race car like problems.

Simple blower bolt on power will be more than enough to have fun with cruising around with little bursts here and there and be dependable. 600rw will be alot fun to cruise around. lol.
LOL you talk about 600 rwhp and you haven't even changed out your stock exhaust yet.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #49
Midnight11
El Presidente

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
LOL you talk about 600 rwhp and you haven't even changed out your stock exhaust yet.
bahaha this just made me bust out laughing

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #50
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

That might be doable with a D1, but you will most likely be overspinning the shit out of it. lol.
Procharger states the D1 makes 925+ chp. Overspinning the D1, their making 900+ to the ground. The D1 is definitely capable of 800whp and still remain within its designed impeller speed.

Last edited by TrueStreetTim; 10-02-2012 at 03:53 PM.
TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #51
JDBishopArts

Throw a bottle on that B and call it a day.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #52
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Well, I guess I could have just run out and bought the first busted, played out wheels I could buy in order just to throw parts at my car like you did...

I just did some nice wheels, tires and suspension. I was asked to chill on my car until Christmas so family actually had some ideas to buy me for Christmas rather than buying everything leaving them out of it. lol.

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim View Post
Procharger states the D1 makes 925+ chp. Over-spinning the D1, their making 900+ to the ground. The D1 is definitely capable of 800whp and still remain within its designed impeller speed.
Respectfully, I'd have to see that to believe it. Procharger over the years has been a lil notorious for their overzealous claims of power. Overspinning a centri blower on a car that mainly a street car is a bad idea because the head units won't last very long.

I had my Vortech 7 years and never had a single problem with it. Meanwhile I had several friends who had Procharger units who had to either rebuild their headunits, or replace them entirely because it ate itself. Granted, this was several years ago and Procharger quality could be greatly improved by now which was the reason for me starting this thread if anyone had some first hand experience with new units on the Coyote motor.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #53
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Well, I guess I could have just run out and bought the first busted, played out wheels I could buy in order just to throw parts at my car like you did...

I just did some nice wheels, tires and suspension. I was asked to chill on my car until Christmas so family actually had some ideas to buy me for Christmas rather than buying everything leaving them out of it. lol.

Respectfully, I'd have to see that to believe it. Procharger over the years has been a lil notorious for their overzealous claims of power. Overspinning a centri blower on a car that mainly a street car is a bad idea because the head units won't last very long.

I had my Vortech 7 years and never had a single problem with it. Meanwhile I had several friends who had Procharger units who had to either rebuild their headunits, or replace them entirely because it ate itself. Granted, this was several years ago and Procharger quality could be greatly improved by now which was the reason for me starting this thread if anyone had some first hand experience with new units on the Coyote motor.
Don't care about what my wheels look like cause you will only see the rear tires cause of my go fast goodies.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #54
Midnight11
El Presidente

^boom

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #55
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Don't care about what my wheels look like cause you will only see the rear tires cause of my go fast goodies.
You have to be fast when your car is that ugly, you don't want to be seen in it! lol.

I'm okay being slow, because I look good doing it.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #56
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Meanwhile I had several friends who had Procharger units who had to either rebuild their headunits, or replace them entirely because it ate itself.
Shit I don't want it anymore now, gonna order an electric supercharger off of ebay instead.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #57
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

You have to be fast when your car is that ugly, you don't want to be seen in it! lol.

I'm okay being slow, because I look good doing it.
Yeah I know my car isn't ugly. Hell it won that car show at five star ford in plano.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #58
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
Shit I don't want it anymore now, gonna order an electric supercharger off of ebay instead.
I'm not doggin your build bro. The purpose of the thread was to get more current info on the Procharger systems. My experience with them hasn't been totally positive in the past, but everyone improves with time, well usually. lol.

I'm open to anything, I just like to do my research on anything I do before doing it.

From past experience, what usually happened is the Procharger didn't make the initial power as advertised just bolting on in stock form. You call back to tech to find out what's up, they start pushing add on sales with more pullies, more boost. You're already in $5k deep, might as well try to pulley it up, right? Then it ends up overspinning it, more heat and blowing out the seals in the headunit. A certain P1SC completely ate itself, broke the impellar and pieces blew back into the motor causing a complete failure. Very, very expensive mistake. Ouch..
Old 10-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #59
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I think you were doggin his build.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #60
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I think you were doggin his build.
Quit stirrin the pot. I think you are confused which board you are on.. lol.