Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > DFW 5.0 Mustang Club > Introduction

Introduction Are you new? Post a little about yourself here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
BERT
I love tube socks

Default Not from DFW

Some might know me from the other dfw board. From Longview but i'm in the Dallas area a lot.

Just bought a 2014 300a M6 5.0 silver with black interior. I'll try and get pics up later. It's bone stock and probably going to stay that way for awhile.

Anyways, just thought i'd post up and see who all I know over here.
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
Some might know me from the other dfw board. From Longview but i'm in the Dallas area a lot.

Just bought a 2014 300a M6 5.0 silver with black interior. I'll try and get pics up later. It's bone stock and probably going to stay that way for awhile.

Anyways, just thought i'd post up and see who all I know over here.
Welcome, Bert. Congrats on the new 5.0 purchase.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #3
BERT
I love tube socks

So I can't post a pic. Go me!!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

So I can't post a pic. Go me!!
Some things never change. Next will be bad MMA predictions on your side.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #5
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Some things never change. Next will be bad MMA predictions on your side.

Steve?
Old 10-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
DirtyD

Steve?
Yes.

Welcome to the board!
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #8
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Steve?
Yes, sir. Hope you have been doing well.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #9
Bearded Banger

Welcome Chap
Bearded Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #10
BERT
I love tube socks

Yes, sir. Hope you have been doing well.

Sweet. Glad to see you're still alive. How are you doing now a days? I've been doing just fine. Been in the frisco area just about every other weekend cause that's where the GF moved to.

Still trying to convince myself to spend money on this car. Think I've talked myself into going ahead and put the GT500 mufflers on it first. Having a hard time wrapping my head around the price of the MGW shifter though lol

At first I wanted dark gray wheels, but now i'm leaning towards just waiting and getting the wheels that Danny has on his car.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #11
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Sweet. Glad to see you're still alive. How are you doing now a days? I've been doing just fine. Been in the frisco area just about every other weekend cause that's where the GF moved to.

Still trying to convince myself to spend money on this car. Think I've talked myself into going ahead and put the GT500 mufflers on it first. Having a hard time wrapping my head around the price of the MGW shifter though lol

At first I wanted dark gray wheels, but now i'm leaning towards just waiting and getting the wheels that Danny has on his car.
I'm as well as can be expected, life is a lil rough for me these days but I'm chugging along the best I can.

Mod as you feel like it, no need to be in a hurry. The stock shifter isn't the greatest if you plan on any kind of aggressive driving. I've got an MGW in mine, while it was pricey, it was very much worth it in order to be able to hit the gears. If you come out to the race this weekend or a GTG you're more than welcome to sit in my car to try out the MGW to see if you like it or not.

I've also got grey TF wheels and the GT500's on my car you can check out as well. I like the GT500's because they are mild and not too loud, even with my midpipe. It's as close as you can get to the old school 5.0 sound in my opinion with the nice, deep muscle car rumble rather than the loud, raspy sound of many other kinds that other people have. It sounds great at WOT, but not too loud to annoy other people or attract too much attention and in 6th gear on the highway it's still quiet inside the car where a conversation can be had without yelling at eachother or interfering with the SYNC system.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #12
BERT
I love tube socks

I'm as well as can be expected, life is a lil rough for me these days but I'm chugging along the best I can.

Mod as you feel like it, no need to be in a hurry. The stock shifter isn't the greatest if you plan on any kind of aggressive driving. I've got an MGW in mine, while it was pricey, it was very much worth it in order to be able to hit the gears. If you come out to the race this weekend or a GTG you're more than welcome to sit in my car to try out the MGW to see if you like it or not.

I've also got grey TF wheels and the GT500's on my car you can check out as well. I like the GT500's because they are mild and not too loud, even with my midpipe. It's as close as you can get to the old school 5.0 sound in my opinion with the nice, deep muscle car rumble rather than the loud, raspy sound of many other kinds that other people have. It sounds great at WOT, but not too loud to annoy other people or attract too much attention and in 6th gear on the highway it's still quiet inside the car where a conversation can be had without yelling at eachother or interfering with the SYNC system.

ok cool. The Plano gtg still on Friday nights? Coit and 190?
Old 10-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #13
Grandpa
I> /\/\

ok cool. The Plano gtg still on Friday nights? Coit and 190?
As far as I know, I haven't been out in awhile. Been kind of a recluse lately. I think I've only driven my car car once or twice in the last month or so. I'm hoping to go to the Mustang vs Camaro race on Saturday in Ennis this weekend as long as our babysitter doesn't bail on us.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #14
BERT
I love tube socks

As far as I know, I haven't been out in awhile. Been kind of a recluse lately. I think I've only driven my car car once or twice in the last month or so. I'm hoping to go to the Mustang vs Camaro race on Saturday in Ennis this weekend as long as our babysitter doesn't bail on us.

I see, well i'll let you know the next time i'm in town. Maybe we can meet finally lol
Old 10-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #15
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I see, well i'll let you know the next time i'm in town. Maybe we can meet finally lol
Returned your PM.