Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:11 PM   #16
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Yes, so far..
Well he does plan on getting the boss valve train (or pieces) soon, so I guess all is well.

The gas tank on the wrong side still bugs the shit outta me!
Luckily my F150 was that way, so it's normal for me. Haha
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:15 PM   #17
BERT
I love tube socks

The gas tank on the wrong side still bugs the shit outta me!

Hell, I haven't even thought about that yet. But I think that's because my Ranger was on that side.
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:17 PM   #18
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Luckily my F150 was that way, so it's normal for me. Haha
I can't tell you how many times I've pulled up to the pump on the wrong side of the car. lol

All of my foxes were on the right side, my wife's Mach is on the right and my Explorer is also on the right. So it's habit to drive up to the pump on that side.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:23 PM   #19
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I can't tell you how many times I've pulled up to the pump on the wrong side of the car. lol

All of my foxes were on the right side, my wife's Mach is on the right and my Explorer is also on the right. So it's habit to drive up to the pump on that side.
I always have to think when driving my fox to get gas. All my chevy trucks have had the tank on the left so I have to remember its on the right.

As for shifting I am in an old fox so my tach isn't right. My shift light goes off at 5800 but my tach is around 6600. I hope one is right.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:08 PM   #20
jerseyjoe

Agreed, coming from many foxes the speedo/tach and gas tank still have me messed up... Although i don't miss the broken armrest and ashtray door... lol
jerseyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:55 AM   #21
wbt

No need for this info.

Last edited by wbt; 11-28-2013 at 03:30 AM.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:30 AM   #22
JDMLOL

I typically don't look at the tac. I hadn't had the car long and I bounced it twice off the factory limiter, which I think is around 6.8k. That's because the car felt like it wanted to keep going. I kick myself every time I see the premium cluster because they light up red at the factory redline.

I don't know if I learned this here or on one of those goofy chain emails, but on newer cars if you ever forget, the little gas pump on the dash has a triangle pointing to the side the filler is on.

I used to feel like an idiot when I put gas in my mom's Audi because it's on the right side. I usually would be at a busy gas station, get out, then get back in and turn the car around as if I didn't have a clue.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #23
Dan12GT

LOL, I can relate Bert coming from Foxes as well. I've had my car longer than you have and I'm still getting used to twisting the motor to 7k. I keep expecting it to BOOM BITCH like a fox would have!

I've had a mod motor with my wife's Mach since 03, but that car has never been driven hard at all. I seriously doubt it's ever seen 6k let alone 7krpm. haha.

Steve this is because you never drive your car

Any who, for me since I'm on the stock tune the factory rev limiter is set at 7k so I try to shift right at 6850-6900rpms so I don't bounce off the limiter. If I see the gauge go red half the time I will screw the shift up since I don't have a lot of time before it bangs off the limiter so I try to do it right before.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #24
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Steve this is because you never drive your car
I drive my car often, I just don't go very far. lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #25
KungFuHamster

first time at the track shifted ~6800 since the stock intake makes no power above that.

got curious, upped my shift to ~ 7300 and picked up 3 mph. So since then I shift at that rpm. But at that rpm I would be more comfortable with good oil pump gears and an ATI harmonic damper. But since I don't really race that much...meh.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #26
wbt

Originally Posted by KungFuHamster View Post
first time at the track shifted ~6800 since the stock intake makes no power above that.

got curious, upped my shift to ~ 7300 and picked up 3 mph. So since then I shift at that rpm. But at that rpm I would be more comfortable with good oil pump gears and an ATI harmonic damper. But since I don't really race that much...meh.
+1 on 7,300 with the stock intake.

Damper is easy enough to do and good insurance.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #27
G-Mann

7300 - 7500. Car is still pulling pretty hard which makes it easy to go north of 7300.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #28
DirtyD

7300 with the stock intake? Dang. I just don't feel comfortable spinning my motor that high
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #29
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
7300 with the stock intake? Dang. I just don't feel comfortable spinning my motor that high

Hell i can't spin mine that high. Found the rev limiter last night lol
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #30
STROKD
Old School

LOL, I can relate Bert coming from Foxes as well. I've had my car longer than you have and I'm still getting used to twisting the motor to 7k. I keep expecting it to BOOM BITCH like a fox would have!

I've had a mod motor with my wife's Mach since 03, but that car has never been driven hard at all. I seriously doubt it's ever seen 6k let alone 7krpm. haha.
I shift my fox(es) at 7100... new setup will be around 8000-8400.

Stock 5.0s no like to rev over 6200 in all honesty.

Shifted the "cone" at 7200 as well.

I had a GSR with a Dinan ECU swap in HS, I shifted it at 9000, so Im used to twisting the piss out of motors... my bike turned a little over 17000.