Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
five.slow

Default jail braking phones

so AT&T can suck my ass... i want to go with boost mobile but dont wanna buy 2 new phones again. i have a iphone and my wife has a galaxy s4. i know the iphones can be jail broke or w/e. anyone know anyone in the dfw area that can do this? im not too tech savvy with this stuff.
five.slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:24 PM   #2
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by five.slow View Post
so AT&T can suck my ass... i want to go with boost mobile but dont wanna buy 2 new phones again. i have a iphone and my wife has a galaxy s4. i know the iphones can be jail broke or w/e. anyone know anyone in the dfw area that can do this? im not too tech savvy with this stuff.

I use to know how. The methods to jailbreak change after every major software release. Depending on the iOS version you can literally jailbreak without a computer. Just depends. Other methods require a computer and an exe file or cmd script to get the computer to read the phone and add cydia while in recovery mode. In my opinion, jailbreaking leaves your phone very susceptible to being compromised by hackers. Jailbreaking also unlocks your phone through baseband software crashing. If you accidentally upgrade your baseband software you could lose your unlock until someone comes up with another solution to crash the updated version. A factory unlock is your best option if your carrier will do it.

I had a friend with AT&T call and convince the customer service rep that they needed their phone unlocked to travel out of the country and they did it. So that might be your best bet.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:46 AM   #3
fordplay

Best bet is to get an android phone, it's like a faster jailbroken iPhone
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:42 AM   #4
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by fordplay View Post
Best bet is to get an android phone, it's like a faster jailbroken iPhone

My iPhone 5s is waayyyy snappier than my S4. Haven't compared to an S5 though. Back when I had my S4 I had it and my friends iPhone 5s side by side and my friend had his messaging app open and texting someone by the time my S4 would even bring up the app. That's when I decided to switch back.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
Old 04-30-2014, 06:35 PM   #5
five.slow

we got a better deal with tmobile so i wont be jail breaking my phone now. thanks for the reply and heads up with the issues that are involved.

for the record my wife just had to get a galaxy last year and now that we are changing services she wants to go back to a iphone because she hates the galaxy. for me il keep i phone because im use to it and not big on the app thing for the most part.
five.slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:05 AM   #6
fordplay

That "snappy" is a setting. I can show you how to fix it.. The last iPhone update did just the same thing
Old 05-01-2014, 07:31 AM   #7
JDMLOL

Default jail braking phones

Originally Posted by fordplay View Post
That "snappy" is a setting. I can show you how to fix it.. The last iPhone update did just the same thing

What setting? Root with an overclock app? Lol.

The Queen:

Last edited by JDMLOL; 05-01-2014 at 07:34 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #8
saunupe1911

I've jailbroken every iOS version since the original iPhone. I've even built my own iOS themes. And I've also rooted a few androids.

Check out modmyi.com for tutorials.
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:12 AM   #9
fordplay

Nope.. The s4 has a good processor and lots of memory.. go into developer options and there are 3 settings. Window animation scale. Transition animation. And ... another animation setting. . They should all show "1x" change them to ".5x" that's it.. that right thete my friend is the apple snappy trick. Oh and don't use app killers on phones, or memory killers, the phone does not work the way computers do.

Oh and you don't need root to do this to any Android phone