Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by JPC View Post
how did I sign up?
All sign ups will be the day of the event

Last edited by TrueStreetMotorSports.com; 09-25-2013 at 12:40 PM.
TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Last I heard Jared was "retired" from RKC , organizing events and his site is pretty much dead. I haven't looked at anything RKC related in over a year or more so I don't know if its true or not.

Besides, who cares who's idea it was or what not. As long as it's a good event and run properly is all that counts.

I sent Clint a PM offering to volunteer to help. The PM went unanswered. If Jared is involved I can see why it went unanswered. It's all good though. I'm going to go, the wife is going as well so we can have a fun day of car stuff. Hopefully this heat will go away so it will be nice and cool outside.
Weather should be great.

As far as I know, there is, or was, a RKC Monday meet, but IDK if it died out already or not.

He says he is strictly involved via publicity only. That's all.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Last I heard Jared was "retired" from RKC , organizing events and his site is pretty much dead. I haven't looked at anything RKC related in over a year or more so I don't know if its true or not.

Besides, who cares who's idea it was or what not. As long as it's a good event and run properly is all that counts.

I sent Clint a PM offering to volunteer to help. The PM went unanswered. If Jared is involved I can see why it went unanswered. It's all good though. I'm going to go, the wife is going as well so we can have a fun day of car stuff. Hopefully this heat will go away so it will be nice and cool outside.
Don't know anything about Jared ricekiller site, He was inlisted to build a flyer and spread the word. Nothing more or less

As far as the PM on helping there is a great chance I will need your help Steve. I promise I am not ignoring you my friend, This event has become a full time job in its self. Between running my shop, handing all the moving parts of making this event work, promoting it, t-shirts, trophies, and two new babies at home. Man I and losing my mind lol......

I will call you later if you are still interested in helping. But I would rather you race, You car runs good and your a good driver. Team ford needs you!!!!

Old 09-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
Don't know anything about Jared ricekiller site, He was inlisted to build a flyer and spread the word. Nothing more or less

As far as the PM on helping there is a great chance I will need your help Steve. I promise I am not ignoring you my friend, This event has become a full time job in its self. Between running my shop, handing all the moving parts of making this event work, promoting it, t-shirts, trophies, and two new babies at home. Man I and losing my mind lol......

I will call you later if you are still interested in helping. But I would rather you race, You car runs good and your a good driver. Team ford needs you!!!!
It's all good my friend. The wife is going to go now that I'm not going to work the event, so my time will be limited due to the babysitter availability. You know how it goes with the little ones, gotta take what time you can get! haha.

As I said above, I'm considering the autocross event if time allows for it. I'm not going to bother with drag racing this turd though. lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I would hope no one really cares about this lil petty nonsense. I'm just grateful you've picked up the ball to run with it to make something happen. More events like this are needed, especially with FFW being the miserable failure that it is these days. Do your thing Clint, don't worry about BS that doesn't matter at the end of the day.

Let's have a fun event everyone!
Old 09-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

I would hope no one really cares about this lil petty nonsense. I'm just grateful you've picked up the ball to run with it to make something happen. More events like this are needed, especially with FFW being the miserable failure that it is these days. Do your thing Clint, don't worry about BS that doesn't matter at the end of the day.

I wanted to make sure the accurate events were posted so there is no confusion. I have some more great events coming up soon, but again I will not post to stir hipe, I will make sure I secure the venue, and get all my ducks in a row before posting.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #7
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #8
Rforbes

Yeah, Dale started this whole thing with our group. LSC. It was a fun little rivalry that has grown quite a bit due to Clint's help in organizing the event which I personally appreciate. This was not Jarrod's brainstorm but I guess he is involved with promoting it which I think any promotion is good but it all started with Dale and Scott. (Captain Pooty) , I am Rick.
I am just looking forward to a great day of racing, seeing other cars and having a good time.
Rforbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #9
JDBishopArts

Yeah, I hope that what I said wasn't out of line or taken improperly.

I was just saying that I thought it was Dales idea from the get go. Clint and TS stepped in and took it to the next next next level. Which is good for everyone.

I don't think TS has done anything to try to claim otherwise I just like to make sure credit is given to the little guys too. It was more of a shot at anyone trying to claim it was all their idea, if there was anyone. If so, I haven't seen TS do it.

It's going to be a great event. Mainly due to TS and supporting sponsors.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #10
DirtyD

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
Yeah, I hope that what I said wasn't out of line or taken improperly.

I was just saying that I thought it was Dales idea from the get go. Clint and TS stepped in and took it to the next next next level. Which is good for everyone.

I don't think TS has done anything to try to claim otherwise I just like to make sure credit is given to the little guys too. It was more of a shot at anyone trying to claim it was all their idea, if there was anyone. If so, I haven't seen TS do it.

It's going to be a great event. Mainly due to TS and supporting sponsors.
^This is all I was trying to say.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I'm pretty sure maybe only 1% of our memberbase was around in 1967 when the Camaro vs Mustang idea really came about. lol
Old 09-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #12
rriddle3

I'm pretty sure maybe only 1% of our memberbase was around in 1967 when the Camaro vs Mustang idea really came about. lol
Hey, I resemble that.
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:25 AM   #13
downtime!

Originally Posted by rriddle3 View Post
Hey, I resemble that.
Me too. A little bit anyway.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #14
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

One week away!!! Over 592 posting coming, Should be a blast!!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1533...1&notif_t=like

Old 09-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #15
BeastStang1302

I see the prices for racing and spectators. Is there an official car show part of the event?
    • BMR Panhard Bar
    • Cobra Jet Drag Springs
    • Roush Chin and side skirts
BeastStang1302 is offline   Reply With Quote