Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:09 PM   #1
Hddcrasher

Default Different ABS Modules

So my 2012 auto, did not have Brembos ( now it does) Anyone know if there is a different abs module specific to Brembos? Also for you tuners out there, Are there any tuning parameters specific to the Brembo add on?

Brembo Brake kit, CS lower valance with brake cooling kit, Bilstein dampers & springs with Vorshlag CCplates. Custom CS lower grill mesh.
Hddcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:23 PM   #2
DirtyD

Shouldn't be any tune requirements since it's strictly the brake calipers themselves. However, I don't know about the ABS module. I would assume they would be the same.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:37 AM   #3
saunupe1911

Originally Posted by Hddcrasher View Post
So my 2012 auto, did not have Brembos ( now it does) Anyone know if there is a different abs module specific to Brembos? Also for you tuners out there, Are there any tuning parameters specific to the Brembo add on?
They are the same. You can swap brembos or any BBK kit from any other big name manufacturer at any given time because the piston sizes and clamping force are tuned to function only for the Mustang. Perfect example is that Roush takes base GTs with the standard brake/calipers and swap them out with their StopTech ST40/ST60 re-branded BBK. The tuning of the ABS doesn't have to be touched at all. I also think a person would be insane to even attempt to tweak it.

Last edited by saunupe1911; 02-26-2014 at 11:40 AM.
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:40 PM   #4
Hddcrasher

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
They are the same. You can swap brembos or any BBK kit from any other big name manufacturer at any given time because the piston sizes and clamping force are tuned to function only for the Mustang. Perfect example is that Roush takes base GTs with the standard brake/calipers and swap them out with their StopTech ST40/ST60 re-branded BBK. The tuning of the ABS doesn't have to be touched at all. I also think a person would be insane to even attempt to tweak it.
Really my doctor thinks I am cured!

In the racing catalogs there are different modules between the 500's. so... hence the question.

Brembo Brake kit, CS lower valance with brake cooling kit, Bilstein dampers & springs with Vorshlag CCplates. Custom CS lower grill mesh.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:59 AM   #5
fordplay

Ever one knows the Brembo pkg is really just a gt500 with a mustang body.. If you look closely it even has the supercharged 5.4 engine... I pulled 1.8 g in a corner with mine once... I'm just full of it kidding.. I don't believe they are at all but what I can do is get the part numbers off my brembo pkg at lunch then you can compare.. providing the number is in a spot I can find it...
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #6
rlhay2

The ABS modules have different threshold parameters. They behave differently at the limit. For a street car, it is a superfluous upgrade. Something to add to a mod list but that is about.

Now if you are a frequent track day driver or track racer, it may be worth swapping when you add track pads.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:12 AM   #7
saunupe1911

Originally Posted by rlhay2 View Post
The ABS modules have different threshold parameters. They behave differently at the limit. For a street car, it is a superfluous upgrade. Something to add to a mod list but that is about.

Now if you are a frequent track day driver or track racer, it may be worth swapping when you add track pads.
I guess it remains to be seen what the gain would be but I would imagine that threshold is more front brake biased for the GT500s. I would not touch that ABS if I was building a track car. Swap in a set of Trophy Series StopTechs or a complete Baer package at all 4 corners and some fresh Motul brake fluid and call it a day. You will stop hard and quick all day long with those cooling ducts. Also what ABS module does the Boss or Boss 302 S use? Is it in the Ford Racing Catalog.
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #8
Hddcrasher

Yes I did see different part number in the racing catalog, that is what lead me to ask. Since I have already done Brembo upgrade, cool vents and carbtech 12 front 10 back pads I was just really wondering if the factory Brembo equipped had any difference from my factory non-Brembo.

I wish I could afford to track my car all the time, lucky to get one a month.

And thanks for all the replies!

Frank

Old 02-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #9
fordplay

I just looked I can't see the part number on the unit. I'll have to go home and remove the cold air intake and fish down in there.. There is a bar code with TB2012361. On it but I doubt that will help you
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:06 PM   #10
Hddcrasher

M-2353-ca brake module look it up! Terry @ vorshag commented on facebook about it.
And my doctor just called!!

Last edited by Hddcrasher; 03-12-2014 at 09:10 PM.