Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #91
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
especially since they are already in so much financial trouble to start with.
Bingo and its gonna get worse when the new f150 Debuts. Also Porsche IMO buikds the best cars in the world. Period.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #92
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Financially it makes sense though, as people have been wanting one. This new ZO6 should sell greatly. The performance, looks are as to be expected and nothing short of phenomenal. But the fact that you can get one with a targa and auto is going to seal the deal for increased sales.

-Alex
I agree. With all of the retiring baby boomers with expendable income, it's a good time for the Z06 to go partially topless with a well performing auto. GM is well aware their main demographic for NEW Z06 purchases are males over 50 years of age. Most of them are the show and shine types. It's when the cars are a year or two old the younger performance crowd gets a hold of them.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:28 AM   #93
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Bingo and its gonna get worse when the new f150 Debuts. Also Porsche IMO buikds the best cars in the world. Period.
The F150 has nothing to do with the Z06. Two different markets entirely.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #94
re-rx7
Banned

The F150 has nothing to do with the Z06. Two different markets entirely.
But it does. Detroit Automakers depend on trucks for the profit the companies make. W/o profit there can no development. What little profit Gm is making is not going toward a niche market. I wouldnt be surprised to see Gm in the shitter in under a decade.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:40 AM   #95
STROKD
Old School

I agree. With all of the retiring baby boomers with expendable income, it's a good time for the Z06 to go partially topless with a well performing auto. GM is well aware their main demographic for NEW Z06 purchases are males over 50 years of age. Most of them are the show and shine types. It's when the cars are a year or two old the younger performance crowd gets a hold of them.
Thats my pop's... minus the show and shine types. I had his 05 down the track at 501 miles and on the dyno the next week. lol both his idea.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:43 AM   #96
Grandpa
I> /\/\

But it does. Detroit Automakers depend on trucks for the profit the companies make. W/o profit there can no development. What little profit Gm is making is not going toward a niche market. I wouldnt be surprised to see Gm in the shitter in under a decade.
One has nothing to do with the other. Someone shopping for a sports car isn't going to consider a F150 and vice versa. The government will not let GM fail no matter how much they threaten to let it do so.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #97
03MachMe

One has nothing to do with the other. Someone shopping for a sports car isn't going to consider a F150 and vice versa. The government will not let GM fail no matter how much they threaten to let it do so.
He is not saying they are the same market. He is saying the new f150 will affect the overall profits of gm. Thus affecting the future of cars such as the z

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 01-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #98
re-rx7
Banned

The profit from those trucks selling allows GM to invest money in the development of the Vette. Im not saying anything about one shopping for the other. When Gm starts selling less trucks, then less will be invested on lower selling vehicles and more on high volume. Apparently the new Shelby will be close to 700hp as well from what Ive been reading with a couple of Turbines.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:15 PM   #99
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Apparently the new Shelby will be close to 700hp as well from what Ive been reading with a couple of Turbines.
From what I have read, there will not be another Shelby GT500. There will be one last Shelby GT model and then Ford is done with the Shelby name. What I'm gathering is that SVT will be putting something out directly, perhaps the "King Cobra" or something to that affect. As for a TT car, that rumor started with the Cobra Jet being a TT car but from talking to the engineers from Ford at SEMA, they had no plans of putting a TT kit in any V8 Mustang for mass production.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:16 PM   #100
DirtyD

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
He is not saying they are the same market. He is saying the new f150 will affect the overall profits of gm. Thus affecting the future of cars such as the z
The profit from those trucks selling allows GM to invest money in the development of the Vette. Im not saying anything about one shopping for the other. When Gm starts selling less trucks, then less will be invested on lower selling vehicles and more on high volume. Apparently the new Shelby will be close to 700hp as well from what Ive been reading with a couple of Turbines.
Bingo.

Plus the new F150 is going to be a big deal to see how an aluminum bodied truck will do in the real market, and could really put a hurting on GM trucks.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:18 PM   #101
DirtyD

Shelby will continue to make cars. But it won't be in direct collaboration with Ford. It would be like the old days. You buy a Mustang, and then take it to Shelby to have it worked over.

The GT350 will be a beast if Shelby does it right.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:23 PM   #102
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Bingo.

Plus the new F150 is going to be a big deal to see how an aluminum bodied truck will do in the real market, and could really put a hurting on GM trucks.
That is a good point. The CEO of Ford mentioned eventually their whole line of cars will eventually be aluminum bodied including the Mustang!
Old 01-24-2014, 12:29 PM   #103
re-rx7
Banned

The new F150 will be a great truck. There really isnt a choice do to the upcoming fuel compliance. Its the only way you can meet the MPG and keep the towing. Thats why GM screwed the pooch. They lost maybe 100lbs on the new truck. The company avg has to be 30 mpg. Thats why they are coming back out with the COlorado and other BS to try and compensate.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:11 PM   #104
Dominic Toretto

Okay I need you guys to educate me. I don't follow trucks. So Ford is building complete truck chassis from aluminum instead of steel?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 01-24-2014, 01:14 PM   #105
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Okay I need you guys to educate me. I don't follow trucks. So Ford is building complete truck chassis from aluminum instead of steel?

-Alex
No, the body is going to be aluminum therefor greatly reducing the weight of the trucks.
Closed Thread