Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #31
DirtyD

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Do not get the 6.0 psd.
As long as its had the studs and all that replaced, it's fine, Jeff. Many friends of mine have 6.0s and as long as you fix it the right way, it's perfectly fine.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:53 PM   #32
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Agreed. Coming from a country boy, it kind of irritates me how all these frat fags up here throw 6"+ lifts and 35"+ tires on a truck and then laugh when you ask if they've ever wheeled in it, or reply with something about a dirt road.

Do not buy a 4x4 if it will never go off the concrete/asphalt. Get a 2wd. You gain back the power lost from the TC, plus they are typically [numerically] lower geared for better MPG.

I think you should get a regular cab F150 2wd with a 5.0 in it. Easily a Gen 3 Lightning.
Agreed. What pisses me off to no end about those trucks, not only to they not offroad them, but they run those big knobby tires on the street that just pick up and throw rocks. I've gotten a couple of rock chips in the paint from those tools!

And they always drive like douchebags too. Trying to fog people with diesel smoke and trying to race people with their ridiculous oversized farm truck. lol. I don't want to race you, I want you to go away. I don't want to hear or smell your stupid truck! /rant off. lol.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #33
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Agreed. What pisses me off to no end about those trucks, not only to they not offroad them, but they run those big knobby tires on the street that just pick up and throw rocks. I've gotten a couple of rock chips in the paint from those tools!

And they always drive like douchebags too. Trying to fog people with diesel smoke and trying to race people with their ridiculous oversized farm truck. lol. I don't want to race you, I want you to go away. I don't want to hear or smell your stupid truck! /rant off. lol.
I had one crop dust then cut me off right after I got the car. He was weaving through traffic doing like 80 when traffic was going around 70. I called the cops on him. Don't know of anything ever happened.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #34
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Caleb if you want a diesel go with a 6.4 but a job 3 truck. Do a tuner, dpf delete, CAI, egr delete and you're set. The 6.4 can handle serious power without doing studs.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #35
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Steve View Post

You're just jealous my 9200 pound truck will do circles against your hybrid.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #36
DirtyD

Caleb if you want a diesel go with a 6.4 but a job 3 truck. Do a tuner, dpf delete, CAI, egr delete and you're set. The 6.4 can handle serious power without doing studs.
Can't argue that though.

Or, if you can find one, get 7.3L from '02, early '03. That truck will outlive you. Haha
Old 10-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #37
HOLYWD

Do you plan on ever using the 4WD if you get it?
Yes

2012 Mustang 5.0
HOLYWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #38
HOLYWD

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
Sexy^^

2012 Mustang 5.0
Old 10-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #39
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Can't argue that though.

Or, if you can find one, get 7.3L from '02, early '03. That truck will outlive you. Haha
The engine will. The truck will fall apart though.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #40
Grandpa
I> /\/\

You're just jealous my 9200 pound truck will do circles against your hybrid.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #41
DirtyD

Get a 5.0 FX4.

/thread
Old 10-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #42
DirtyD

The engine will. The truck will fall apart though.
So will a 6.0, 6.4, and 6.7 body then...
Old 10-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #43
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Get a 5.0 FX4.

/thread
Pfft, a real street rod truck - lowered C10, LSx, two tone on nice wheels. Seeeeexy.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #44
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

So will a 6.0, 6.4, and 6.7 body then...
I'm saying the 7.3 engine will last longer then the truck.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:38 PM   #45
HOLYWD

Lol

Found a black on black FX4
200miles - New
Bran new
Think I'm going with that - CU is doing the papers on it

2012 Mustang 5.0