Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #16
Toby

We've had nothing but trouble with the new in tune system from diablo. Stick with SCT for mustangs, its the only way to go!
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:11 AM   #17
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
We've had nothing but trouble with the new in tune system from diablo. Stick with SCT for mustangs, its the only way to go!
What scares me about the SCT's is all the stories you here about them locking up or "bricking". Why are these cars such a risky thing for tuning?
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:14 AM   #18
Toby

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
What scares me about the SCT's is all the stories you here about them locking up or "bricking". Why are these cars such a risky thing for tuning?
Most of the time it is user error when the device wants to update but the car was not flashed back to stock before updating. Also keep in mind when you update the hand held, that you lose any tunes saved to it, so be sure to have your tuner on stand by to reflash the device so you can reflash the ecm.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:51 AM   #19
DirtyD

What kinds of trouble?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #20
Toby

From what i have heard from sean, its capabilites are sub par. For diablo, the predator is a much better route for the mustangs, as is the trinity for the dodge trucks. We only use diablo on dodge vehicles. The sct is leaps and bounds better along with the interface is much more user friendly. I played around with the intune at sema last year when they released it, and yea its kind of a neat gadget, but that is about it.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #21
DirtyD

From what i have heard from sean, its capabilites are sub par. For diablo, the predator is a much better route for the mustangs, as is the trinity for the dodge trucks. We only use diablo on dodge vehicles. The sct is leaps and bounds better along with the interface is much more user friendly. I played around with the intune at sema last year when they released it, and yea its kind of a neat gadget, but that is about it.
Well then....

I'm currently doing some "guinea pig" work with it, and I have 30 days to return it to JPC and get my money back. I just have to post a review/results on how I like it over stock.

Being that Speedtek is the only local Diablosport dealer that works on Fords around here, that is a big turn off for custom tunes.

More than likely I will end up sending it back and and probably just wait awhile to get an SCT and dyno tune from y'all.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #22
Toby

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Well then....

I'm currently doing some "guinea pig" work with it, and I have 30 days to return it to JPC and get my money back. I just have to post a review/results on how I like it over stock.

Being that Speedtek is the only local Diablosport dealer that works on Fords around here, that is a big turn off for custom tunes.

More than likely I will end up sending it back and and probably just wait awhile to get an SCT and dyno tune from y'all.
Diablo makes a great product, just with mustangs we prefer sct.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #23
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Well then....

I think this is an opportunity for you to tell Diablo what you do and don't like about it. Tell them about the things Toby mentioned, tell them how easy/hard it to use, more options, better interface etc. If they are wanting to compete with SCT, they should be open to customer feedback.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #24
DirtyD

I think this is an opportunity for you to tell Diablo what you do and don't like about it. Tell them about the things Toby mentioned, tell them how easy/hard it to use, more options, better interface etc. If they are wanting to compete with SCT, they should be open to customer feedback.
Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. Taking notes when I mess with it, and I'm going to do a few impromtu tests this weekend.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #25
Toby

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. Taking notes when I mess with it, and I'm going to do a few impromtu tests this weekend.
Let me know your opinion on it also. I personally did not like it.. but others might.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #26
DirtyD

So far, I'm not pleased with how SLOW that thing takes to download the stock tune and upload the canned one. It may be the fact these new PCMs are smart type compared to me old F150, but my SF3 I had for the truck was able to download the stock tune, make adjustments to the custom tune, and upload the tune in 5 minutes.

You can ask Nic, we sat there for about 15-20 minutes to change from stock to preloaded. IDK if this was becuase it was the first time, but I will be flashing back to stock this weekend, so I'll know if it is faster or not a second time.

Also, the touch screen is cheap crap. I can see that wearing out FAST.

Other than those things, I haven't found a problem with it so far. Haven't dug into it though.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #27
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Man, that is slow download speed for sure. It looks really flimsy as well. I think anything that would be kept in the garage, or even being held alot should be durable in case it falls or gets dropped.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #28
DirtyD

Man, that is slow download speed for sure. It looks really flimsy as well. I think anything that would be kept in the garage, or even being held alot should be durable in case it falls or gets dropped.
No way this could survive in the garage in heat.

But I've always kept my handheld in vehicle or inside the home
Old 09-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #29
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Out of Diablosport, HP, etc...SCT allows us to create the best custom tunes for Fords, period. They also have great support where HP and others are difficult to get a hold of.

Sean is more than capable of CMR tuning and is the software of choice for our Dodge work. But, as mentioned above, SCT is superior in its tuning abilities on Mustangs/Ford.
TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #30
DirtyD

Thanks for that bit of info Tim. I'm really wanting to go the custom tune route down the road, preferably local custom tunes. So with that said, I'll probably just ride out this "trial" and return it after giving my review.