Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #1
toomnymods

Default Some Weld Pics!!

Decided to finally mount these and see how they look. The fitment is perfect! looks sweet even with the big meaty Hoosier 28x11.50x15 Quick time pros on 15x10 Welds. On the front are M&H racemaster bias plys 28x4.50x17 on 17x5 Welds (they clear the Brembos perfectly!!)
Really difficult to get decent pics of a Sterling gray mustang in direct sunlight. The sun tends to wash out the color and makes it look drab even with a $170.00 polarizer :/

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
toomnymods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:45 PM   #2
Brad

Looks good!
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:04 PM   #3
El_Tortuga

Looks good Chris. Don't fight the full sun, wait for better light at the end of the day
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:39 PM   #4
downtime!

Looks good! Looking forward to your hearing impressions of going through the traps on bias ply tires. I'm old, that's all we had back in the day, so you get used to the feeling. Kind of.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:15 AM   #5
toomnymods

This is my 3rd set of hoosier qtp's so im very familiar with how they handle off the line and on the big end..
Although this is the first time i have ever used a bias ply front runner.
Figured i should do this the right way since this car will eventually have the potential to trap 30-40mph higher (once the motor is built) than my turbo truck ever did..

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
Old 09-25-2014, 12:53 PM   #6
downtime!

Bias wiggle is fun at 135-140ish. I only run radials these days.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:00 PM   #7
BlackStang08

Looks awesome.
BlackStang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:42 PM   #8
GunsUp

Sick
Old 10-01-2014, 11:25 PM   #9
whitboy82

Totally off topic but toomnymods did you or do you own a nissan titan?
C&L CAI, Lethal O/R X, Lethal OTAs, FM Outlaws, SCT X4, AED tuned, SR lowering springs/Koni Str.t, SR LCA, BMR panhard, Power Stop Z26 rotors/pads, CDC grill, MMD downforce spoiler, Roush full lip kit, Concept One CS-6 wheels, etc

2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack 2
whitboy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:03 AM   #10
toomnymods

That was me..

Old 10-02-2014, 07:15 AM   #11
whitboy82

Was on club titan for a few years had an 04 kc titan with nismo long tubes, intake, exhaust and uprev... Your truck was killer. Do you still have it? I remember you turbocharged it but after i sold the titan i didnt folloe on there much.
C&L CAI, Lethal O/R X, Lethal OTAs, FM Outlaws, SCT X4, AED tuned, SR lowering springs/Koni Str.t, SR LCA, BMR panhard, Power Stop Z26 rotors/pads, CDC grill, MMD downforce spoiler, Roush full lip kit, Concept One CS-6 wheels, etc

2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack 2
whitboy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #12
toomnymods

I ended up getting the transmission issues sorted out and ordered a level ten trans and converter. Put it back up on the dyno and the gains from a better built trans where astonishing. I went from 480rwhp with 505 tq to 537hp and 570tq only on 7 lbs of boost.
Never did get my 11 second timeslip. Damn thing spun a rod bearing not even two weeks after i got it back from uprev. I tossed in the towel then and sold it, lol decided to go with a better platform for a racecar. Even if i wouldve dumped another 15 k onto the truck with a built stroker motor id still be slow compared to the 6.0 chevy guys running 8's and 9's.
Atleast with the mustang the mods are plentiful, and i'm not the Guinea pig anymore, lol

Old 10-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #13
Dominic Toretto

Love the look!

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote