Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:26 AM   #16
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
dyno graphs mean nothing.
If you say so.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #17
CSICKS

NICE RIDE. Clean setup!
CSICKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #18
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
damn, that was a while ago. if your free this weekend we can finish your video.

dyno graphs mean nothing.
I'm down homie. This weekend is pretty much open for me with exception of Saturday afternoon from noon-5pm.

Originally Posted by GunsUp View Post
Not trying to take anything away from Kevin's 1,204,483 Incredible wheel setup, BUT!

Is it just me or is the 315 rear just not doing the same justice it used to? I know it has alot to do with the car what with the 03/04 Cobra guys running 335 and 345! But I know a 315 takes some work on these 11-14 5.0s Is it just me or would Junkies 375 rear tire from the slow ass Viper look killer on this?
It's about balance and the lines of the car. If you look at the sidewalls of the tires, they are already starting to bulge ever so slightly. I can guarantee you Kevin would not put anymore tire on that wheel because sidewall bulge is not only ugly, but unsafe. He would need to widen the wheels at the very least to fit that much tire if not have to alter the fenderwells which I'm sure he doesn't want to do hacking up the car. Besides, running that much tire really isn't necessary to go fast, it looks cool, but not needed.

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
If you say so.

-Alex
He's correct, dyno numbers mean absolutely squat. Only this latest generation of car guys are obsessed with peak dyno numbers as a measuring stick for performance not understanding peak numbers don't mean squat. (mind you most of them don't know SHIT about cars other than what they read online with NO first hand experience turning wrenches themselves.)
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #19
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
He's correct, dyno numbers mean absolutely squat. Only this latest generation of car guys are obsessed with peak dyno numbers as a measuring stick for performance not understanding peak numbers don't mean squat. (mind you most of them don't know SHIT about cars other than what they read online with NO first hand experience turning wrenches themselves.)
I'll give you a cookie if you can find where I stated or emplied that peak power determines acceleration entirely.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 10-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #20
DirtyD

Only this latest generation of car guys are obsessed with peak dyno numbers as a measuring stick for performance not understanding peak numbers don't mean squat. (mind you most of them don't know SHIT about cars other than what they read online with NO first hand experience turning wrenches themselves.)
There was a guy on the Facebook group that posted a dyno graph of his F150 a couple of weeks ago.

Stated the truck (5.0 w/ straight pipes and an AFE CAI) made 4xx whp and 42x wtq. I called BS. He didn't like it.

When he posted the graph, the dyno readings skyrocketed when the truck hit the factory rev limiter, obviously skewing his "peak" numbers. He honestly believe his truck made that peak power for a split second of RPM...LOL
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #21
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I'll give you a cookie if you can find where I stated or emplied that peak power determines acceleration entirely.

-Alex
No need to be defensive. It's just a conversation. If you can't handle it, don't post on the subject.

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
There was a guy on the Facebook group that posted a dyno graph of his F150 a couple of weeks ago.

Stated the truck (5.0 w/ straight pipes and an AFE CAI) made 4xx whp and 42x wtq. I called BS. He didn't like it.

When he posted the graph, the dyno readings skyrocketed when the truck hit the factory rev limiter, obviously skewing his "peak" numbers. He honestly believe his truck made that peak power for a split second of RPM...LOL
That's kind of what I'm referring to. People do stuff like that putting way too much stock into dyno numbers for bragging rights but then only end up looking like a clown when the performance of the vehicle doesn't match claimed peak numbers.

The only numbers that matter are performance numbers at the track and A/F ratio.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:53 AM   #22
Dominic Toretto

No need to be defensive. It's just a conversation. If you can't handle it, don't post on the subject.
No harm done. I just wanted to see a dyno chart. That's all I said. Nothing about peak power or acceleration

-Alex

Old 10-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #23
Grandpa
I> /\/\

No harm done. I just wanted to see a dyno chart. That's all I said. Nothing about peak power or acceleration

-Alex
He's still on the stock motor and running low boost. It's most likely making around 600-650rwhp/600tq through the auto. He will be putting an Aluminator motor in it at some point. That kit on a different car with a built motor previously made 1249rw to give you an indication of what it capable of producing.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #24
Dominic Toretto

He's still on the stock motor and running low boost. It's most likely making around 600-650rwhp/600tq through the auto. He will be putting an Aluminator motor in it at some point. That kit on a different car with a built motor previously made 1249rw to give you an indication of what it capable of producing.
Cool. I'd like to see when the boost comes on in the Coyote. Smaller displacement V8 so wondering if the boost is laggy at all.

-Alex

Old 10-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #25
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Cool. I'd like to see when the boost comes on in the Coyote. Smaller displacement V8 so wondering if the boost is laggy at all.

-Alex
It's instant. To add to that, being an auto he can easily brake boost it to leave instantly on the hit at full torque.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #26
04sleeper
King of the Multi-quotes

Last edited by 04sleeper; 11-25-2014 at 09:08 AM.
04sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #27
BlueBolt

So freaking sick! That's the first time I've seen the TF super sport wheel and liked it. Makes me want to ditch my forgestars.

Great job Kevin. Just like your red termi. Sick!
BlueBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #28
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by 04sleeper View Post
Thanks guys. Hope to get it on the dyno soon.

I can pretty much turn the boost to whatever I want to so numbers at this point are not my first priority.

May I ask why did you go with the twin turbo kit and not the single?
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #29
STROKD
Old School

The build thread is on svtp. The car has never been on a dyno withnthe turbos since hevstreet tuned it himself. He doesnt care how much power it makes. He only cares it runs the way he wants it to.
This makes zero sense to me... Id be dead or in jail going 200+ mph up and down 75 trying to tune my car...

I guess it's cool to tune it for driveability and all, but almost impossible to get the maps tuned while hauling f'in ass.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #30
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
This makes zero sense to me... Id be dead or in jail going 200+ mph up and down 75 trying to tune my car...

I guess it's cool to tune it for driveability and all, but almost impossible to get the maps tuned while hauling f'in ass.
not if you know what you're doing.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote