Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Pics & Video

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:57 PM   #16
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Here's some members of this forum enjoying some non-skills racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97mNKPCpy_o

-Alex
Everybody on this board minus a few people roll race. I'm not saying they don't. I'm just don't understand going to a place and paying to watch roll racing. If I want to watch it I can go to plano on a Friday night and watch it for free.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:11 AM   #17
JDBishopArts

Here's another of the same car with some skilled driving....

PS. Learn how to embed.

I think those cars are badass and I'm sure a lot of those guys know how to take turns too. I'd rather see top speed though than a roll race though.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:19 AM   #18
03MachMe

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I don't think the comments have anything to do with this being a mustang site. I think we all agree that these cars make monster power and are sweet as hell. That isn't in question, they are down right impressive. I think the issue is a roll race event which is in tern a dyno race, which has very little skill involved. I think that is what most people don't like about these events.
This

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:33 AM   #19
Dominic Toretto

Everybody on this board minus a few people roll race. I'm not saying they don't. I'm just don't understand going to a place and paying to watch roll racing. If I want to watch it I can go to plano on a Friday night and watch it for free.
That's like saying, if I want to go watch football I could go to the YMCA instead of going the Cowboy's stadium.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:42 AM   #20
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
That's like saying, if I want to go watch football I could go to the YMCA instead of going the Cowboy's stadium.

-Alex
That's a bit of a stretch don't you think. I could see you comparing the races at redline to the Nhra national events. Let's get real here roll racing isn't a nationally televised event. If it wasn't for youtube 99% of the population wouldn't have ever heard of TI.

Have you ever been to a Friday night meet. There are a few cars there that go to TI and race so my comment wasn't that as far fetched as your YMCA to the cowboys comment. Seriously that was out there. Did you read that before you posted it?
Old 01-09-2014, 12:43 AM   #21
downtime!

LOL at y'all thinking there's no skill involved in keeping a 1500 hp car under control, from a dig, a roll or any other way. Mine makes less than half that and it gets all kinds of loose when I roll race. Nothing gets the sphincter any tighter than hazing the tires at 75, 80 or even 100 mph.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:52 AM   #22
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
LOL at y'all thinking there's no skill involved in keeping a 1500 hp car under control, from a dig, a roll or any other way. Mine makes less than half that and it gets all kinds of loose when I roll race. Nothing gets the sphincter any tighter than hazing the tires at 75, 80 or even 100 mph.
Exactly. Anyone who says there is no skill driving a 1000rw car from a roll has never been in one to know any better. We arent talking 500rw mustangs here where you can mash it at 60mph and it just sticks. Those cars are a handful to drive and it takes much skill to drive them especially if they are rowing gears shocking the tires on every shift!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:55 AM   #23
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Exactly. Anyone who says there is no skill driving a 1000rw car from a roll has never been in one to know any better. We arent talking 500rw mustangs here where you can mash it at 60mph and it just sticks. Those cars are a handful to drive and it takes much skill to drive them especially if they are rowing gears shocking the tires on every shift!
Sorry I can't listen to you on this since you are a 1000hp groupie.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:50 AM   #24
Dan12GT

Default Mullet's 1500hp TTG

I didn't say it takes no skill but I defiantly insinuated it takes a hell of a lot less skill when compared to going down the strip or putting it through corners. To me this isn't even racing at all. Why the hell else would someone roll race? BECAUSE they can't do any other form of traditional racing!

Downtime your car is a beast. It's powerful and I know you can race it. That doesn't take away the fact it takes some skill to control it at any speed but it takes a hell of a lot more skill running it at the strip which I know you can agree on.

Fact of the matter is these cars are nothing but bottomless pocket fueled racers.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:53 AM   #25
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post

Shocking tires? Doubtful in their semi automatic paddle shifter granny trannys....

Old 01-09-2014, 01:59 AM   #26
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
And Chris would get destroyed from a roll by these cars. Its just 2 different types of combo's participating in 2 different types of racing.

Thats like saying a Pro mod is going to get rocked by an Evo on a road course. It really has no relevance.

Chis's car is also a full interior mustang which is a heavy box compared to these sleek aerodynamic lambos

Old 01-09-2014, 02:42 AM   #27
Junkie

I don't think the comments have anything to do with this being a mustang site. I think we all agree that these cars make monster power and are sweet as hell. That isn't in question, they are down right impressive. I think the issue is a roll race event which is in tern a dyno race, which has very little skill involved. I think that is what most people don't like about these events.
Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
This
When is the last time either of you hooked 1500-1800rwhp from a 60mph roll? Just curious, since its nothing more then a dyno race, you must know exactly what it takes to do it correct?

Its MUCH harder then you think, no track prep, no bias ply tires, etc..
Old 01-09-2014, 02:47 AM   #28
Junkie

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Shocking tires? Doubtful in their semi automatic paddle shifter granny trannys....
^ clearly has no fucking clue what hes talking about.

Chis's car is also a full interior mustang which is a heavy box compared to these sleek aerodynamic lambos
This literally made me laugh my ass off. Do you know Chris, when is the last time you saw the car!? It hasnt been full interior/full weight in the last 5 years. Its a VERY light weight car, setup very well.

I didn't say it takes no skill but I defiantly insinuated it takes a hell of a lot less skill when compared to going down the strip or putting it through corners. To me this isn't even racing at all. Why the hell else would someone roll race? BECAUSE they can't do any other form of traditional racing!

Downtime your car is a beast. It's powerful and I know you can race it. That doesn't take away the fact it takes some skill to control it at any speed but it takes a hell of a lot more skill running it at the strip which I know you can agree on.

Fact of the matter is these cars are nothing but bottomless pocket fueled racers.
Since you are so much of an expert, you must be aware of how much EASIER it is to hook a car on the race track. With track prep, ideal conditions, slicks, etc... then it is to hook a car from a varying rolling start, on street tires with no prep.

If everyone stuck to "traditional" racing, then hardly any of the racing that we do would exist. 1/4 mile wouldn't for sure, you think every type of racing started at a drag strip or road course? LMFAO!!!!
Old 01-09-2014, 02:47 AM   #29
re-rx7
Banned

Isn't the Lamborghini awd? They seem to hook pretty well at speed. In the end speed cost money. How fast you wanna go?

Last edited by re-rx7; 01-09-2014 at 02:49 AM.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:48 AM   #30
Junkie

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Isn't the Lamborghini awd? They seem to hook pretty well at speed.
Yes they are, but not all cars at TI are. Also I've personally watched the cars blow the tires off at 60 and switch lanes. This is GTR's and Lambos