Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Pics & Video

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:53 AM   #31
re-rx7
Banned

I watched Thomas bounce 3lanes with that mirage lol. I was scared for him. Lol the vettes and other rwd cars get more respect from me. It seems the balls would have to be larger to put power through two vs 4. That's just me though. Im sure they could care less but just my opinion.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:42 AM   #32
03MachMe

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
When is the last time either of you hooked 1500-1800rwhp from a 60mph roll? Just curious, since its nothing more then a dyno race, you must know exactly what it takes to do it correct?

Its MUCH harder then you think, no track prep, no bias ply tires, etc..
Calm down big guy, I think you are missing our point. I never said this takes no skill at all. I can imagine having the back end come out from under you with that much power can be a major pucker factor, but all we are saying is this type of racing takes less skill than racing from a dig. Just like I think drag racing (esp an auto) takes less skill than any type of corner carving. I know the majority of mustang owners could care less about turns and that's why I'm in the minority here but that's fine with me. I like to see more what the driver can do than just the car itself and I think roll racing is 90% car and 10% driver.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:51 AM   #33
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Shocking tires? Doubtful in their semi automatic paddle shifter granny trannys....
LOL, wow. Clueless, totally clueless. 1500+ is enough to overwhelm ANY street chassis, AWD or not. In fact, having been in a 1100AWD GTR before, I can tell you its just as sketchy if not more so having FOUR tires spinning vs two having to guess where they are going. lol
Chis's car is also a full interior mustang which is a heavy box compared to these sleek aerodynamic lambos
LOL. You know that he doesn't even own the car anymore, right?

^ clearly has no fucking clue what hes talking about.

This literally made me laugh my ass off. Do you know Chris, when is the last time you saw the car!? It hasnt been full interior/full weight in the last 5 years. Its a VERY light weight car, setup very well.

Since you are so much of an expert, you must be aware of how much EASIER it is to hook a car on the race track. With track prep, ideal conditions, slicks, etc... then it is to hook a car from a varying rolling start, on street tires with no prep.

If everyone stuck to "traditional" racing, then hardly any of the racing that we do would exist. 1/4 mile wouldn't for sure, you think every type of racing started at a drag strip or road course? LMFAO!!!!
Agree 100%

Yes they are, but not all cars at TI are. Also I've personally watched the cars blow the tires off at 60 and switch lanes. This is GTR's and Lambos
Last year I saw two of the UGR cars blow all four tires off at 100mph+ during test runs. The owners said "fuck that!", and had UGR's hired hand drive the car cuz it scared the shit out of them! lol.

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Calm down big guy, I think you are missing our point. I never said this takes no skill at all. I can imagine having the back end come out from under you with that much power can be a major pucker factor, but all we are saying is this type of racing takes less skill than racing from a dig. Just like I think drag racing (esp an auto) takes less skill than any type of corner carving. I know the majority of mustang owners could care less about turns and that's why I'm in the minority here but that's fine with me. I like to see more what the driver can do than just the car itself and I think roll racing is 90% car and 10% driver.
We'll agree to disagree. Having experienced both types of racing, I'd say you were very misinformed not having experienced one of these events.

Some of you guys are being really closed minded about this type of racing. What fun would it be if racing had just stopped at drag racing? There are MANY types of different, this is just another one and it happens to be a lot of fun! No different then 1/8th mile, 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, full mile, round tracks, road course, long runs like the Silver State Classic and so and so on. They ALL take some kind of talent and skill. To say it doesn't take a great amount of skill (and big brass balls) to drive a car that is so powerful at high speeds that's trying to come around on you the whole time and trying to kill you is complete nonsense. I love all types of racing, this is just another version of it.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:04 AM   #34
Dan12GT

Default Mullet's 1500hp TTG

Eh maybe your right these cars are built for one thing. Roll racing.

Just not my cup of tea either because to me these cars are built only to go fast after they have reached a sustainable rolling speed to get traction. To me that's kinda cheating. I'd love to see one of these cars do a 1/4 in their current setup. Again though they aren't built for that....

Oh well agree to disagree

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:10 AM   #35
Courtesy Flush

I sense jealously more than anything in this thread.
All racing is the same, competition of speed in shortest amount of time to reach a specific goal.
To say one form is more or less difficult than the other is silly.

A 1500+hp car racing another is just plain cool. Great video.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #36
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Eh maybe your right these cars are built for one thing. Roll racing.

Just not my cup of tea either because to me these cars are built only to go fast after they have reached a sustainable rolling speed to get traction. To me that's kinda cheating. I'd love to see one of these cars do a 1/4 in their current setup. Again though they aren't built for that....

Oh well agree to disagree
How is that different for any other car purpose built?

Would you take a Stang meant for drag racing on the road course and expect it do well with it's loose suspension?

What about the other way around? A road course car on the drag strip with it's tight suspension?

The roll cars have to be set up properly as well to achieve their times they are trying to achieve. Reducing their times from 60-180mph while trying to win their race against another really fast car ,dialing in traction and keeping the car straight. It's no different than achieving your low ET goal at the drag strip.

Launching a car at the track is a rush. Hold the RPM's at 5500rpms, side step the clutch, get thrown back in the seat as the front of the car lifts off the ground, it's screaming, angry, fighting it to stay straight and attempting your best to lean forward to grab second against gravity. It's awesome!

It's the same thing in these high powered roll cars, just in every gear! In addition to that is an intense tunnel vision you get quickly achieving great speeds of 180-230mph cars. It's intense, gets your heart racing, blurs your senses. It's amazing!

I just don't get how you guys can't be a fan of EVERY type of racing. I love it all!
Old 01-09-2014, 11:29 AM   #37
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
How is that different for any other car purpose built?

Would you take a Stang meant for drag racing on the road course and expect it do well with it's loose suspension?

What about the other way around? A road course car on the drag strip with it's tight suspension?

The roll cars have to be set up properly as well to achieve their times they are trying to achieve. Reducing their times from 60-180mph while trying to win their race against another really fast car ,dialing in traction and keeping the car straight. It's no different than achieving your low ET goal at the drag strip.

Launching a car at the track is a rush. Hold the RPM's at 5500rpms, side step the clutch, get thrown back in the seat as the front of the car lifts off the ground, it's screaming, angry, fighting it to stay straight and attempting your best to lean forward to grab second against gravity. It's awesome!

It's the same thing in these high powered roll cars, just in every gear! In addition to that is an intense tunnel vision you get quickly achieving great speeds of 180-230mph cars. It's intense, gets your heart racing, blurs your senses. It's amazing!

I just don't get how you guys can't be a fan of EVERY type of racing. I love it all!

You seriously are just looking for another trolling argument. I said these cars are built for this type of racing. I'm just not really thrilled about it.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #38
DirtyD

You seriously are just looking for another trolling argument. I said these cars are built for this type of racing. I'm just not really thrilled about it.
That's what he is here to do, Danny.

That's why I haven't posted again.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:45 AM   #39
Grandpa
I> /\/\

No, I'm not. I haven't made a single trolling type comment. It's a discussion, not an argument.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #40
hatchttu

Pretty cool, I just want to know what these guys do for a living and how can I do it?
hatchttu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:52 AM   #41
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
That's what he is here to do, Danny.

That's why I haven't posted again.
You know what....

Nevermind. Not worth it. I won't make a post towards you or comment on anything you say again if that is what you think.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:16 PM   #42
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
You know what....

Nevermind. Not worth it. I won't make a post towards you or comment on anything you say again if that is what you think.
I'm joking, Steve.

Lighten up a little bit. That's why I had the smiley face at the end.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:33 PM   #43
STROKD
Old School

Lol at this thread and Dan specifically. The lack of knowledge is strong with this one.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:42 PM   #44
Dan12GT

Didn't know boosted's cars has changed so much. Your right I don't follow it much because I don't have the time so I don't know the present state of his car. I just have always heard his car car was full interior. My bad.

No I don't know what it's like to have a billion hp car and roll race because I don't care.

I was simply stating that's a pretty lame form of racing to me (my personal opinion). Y'all don't have to get so defensive about that. I'm just stating my opinion.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #45
STROKD
Old School

That lambo will run laps around any Mustang on this site... just because the owner only chooses to roll race it doesnt mean it cant do turns or run from a dig. driver included, since everyone says he cant go around turns bla bla