Soulowd

You can get a super snake for 100k that be my choice

1993 Cobra Black
Bbk shorty's, x-pipe, Flowmasters, bbk TB, bbk Cai,
UD pullies
(240rwhp/280rwtq)
Old 01-22-2014, 10:57 PM   #17
Crimson600+HP

Used grand am racers from rehagen racing are like $30k. Then $70k on something else
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:49 AM   #18
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
This has always been my argument about the vette. If I want to spend 70k or more I don't want it to look the exact same as the 50k model.
Exactly the same?

Different front bumper, front splitters, front fenders, side skirts, rear fenders, rear bumper, tail lights, emblems... yup. Exactly the same.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 01-23-2014, 10:32 AM   #19
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Exactly the same?

Different front bumper, front splitters, front fenders, side skirts, rear fenders, rear bumper, tail lights, emblems... yup. Exactly the same.

-Alex
I found that comment amusing considering the Mustang crowd is absolutely the worst about cars looking similar with so many Stangers running the same body mods and wheels. lmao.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #20
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I found that comment amusing considering the Mustang crowd is absolutely the worst about cars looking similar with so many Stangers running the same body mods and wheels. lmao.
These should be your new favorite wheel! Drag oriented, black mesh, and no rivets!

Old 01-23-2014, 11:20 AM   #21
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Those don't look bad at all. I kinda like them. I don't have a problem with black centered wheels, it's the wheels that are all blacked out including the hoops to where it takes all the detail away and you can't see what kind of wheel it is. In pictures the car just looks like it's sitting on some black void. Just looks silly in my opinion. But each to their own. As for the assembly bolts I've never been wild about them either, but they have grown on me with my wheels. I really hate them when I have to clean them on occasion cuz it hurts my fingers like a mofo!
Old 01-23-2014, 11:35 AM   #22
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Those don't look bad at all. I kinda like them. I don't have a problem with black centered wheels, it's the wheels that are all blacked out including the hoops to where it takes all the detail away and you can't see what kind of wheel it is. In pictures the car just looks like it's sitting on some black void. Just looks silly in my opinion. But each to their own. As for the assembly bolts I've never been wild about them either, but they have grown on me with my wheels. I really hate them when I have to clean them on occasion cuz it hurts my fingers like a mofo!
LOL. I love how you bolded the "assembly bolts".

The wheels aren't that bad. I like the new S75B style though. It looks like the old mag wheels from the original Machs and Camaros from back in the day.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:01 PM   #23
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
The Viper is sexy, but it sounds like a dump truck.

Funny you say that, my mom says my car sounds like a dump truck when I pull up to there house. And I only have gt500 ab's lol
Old 01-23-2014, 12:07 PM   #24
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
Funny you say that, my mom says my car sounds like a dump truck when I pull up to there house. And I only have gt500 ab's lol
Vipers sound like UPS trucks.

These new 5.0's sound like boats burbling in the water at idle. I really wish my car sounded like the wife's Mach. Can't stand the way these 5.0's sound.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:51 PM   #25
03MachMe

Exactly the same?

-Alex
Yes like I said a car guy will know the difference. 90% of the people you meet will not.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 01-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #26
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
These should be your new favorite wheel! Drag oriented, black mesh, and no rivets!

Wtf r those?!?!? Gd it now Im going to want a 4th set of wheels and my car doesnt move yet. Thanks ass.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:05 PM   #27
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
Your mom doesnt know what a dump truck sounds like. A Mustang sounds zero like a Viper (or UPS/ dump truck). Heh
Old 01-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #28
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Yes like I said a car guy will know the difference. 90% of the people you meet will not.
True but, still that same 90% won't know the difference between a 5.0 and a base Mustang or even a GT500.

With the ZO6 you get different everything except roof panel, mirrors, doors and trunk. Everything else is completely different. It's a Corvette so it does have to look like... *gasp* a Corvette. What are people expecting the ZO6 to look like? Not a Corvette?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 01-23-2014, 01:18 PM   #29
Grandpa
I> /\/\

True but, still that same 90% won't know the difference between a 5.0 and a base Mustang or even a GT500.

With the ZO6 you get different everything except roof panel, mirrors, doors and trunk. Everything else is completely different. It's a Corvette so it does have to look like... *gasp* a Corvette. What are people expecting the ZO6 to look like? Not a Corvette?

-Alex
Finally, you made a point I agree with that doesn't make me smack my forehead so hard I almost KO myself.

It's silly to expect non-car people to know the difference from one model to another. Most of the general public still believe silly shit like a stock Lambo or Veyron are the fastest cars on the road too not having a clue how many 1200hp+ cars are running around these days. lol
Old 01-23-2014, 01:49 PM   #30
rlhay2

Much like a conversation I had with a certain yellow viper owner:
"If we pass a cop mid pull I can just pull into a mall parking lot. You can't."